PDA

View Full Version : Firmly Ensconced on the "wrong side" of the fence... want to join a camapaign.

JohnD
April 20th, 2013, 06:43
I've been DMing since the early 1980s. modules, campaigns, hack & slash, RP heavy, gamesystems galore (Basic, Expert, AD&D, AD&D2e, 3e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, Rolemaster SS, RMC, RM2... add in a little bit of Gamma World, MERP, Neverwinter Nights (1&2).

33 years of DMing experience.

I want to experience a good honest D&D campaign as a player. A genuine and honest attempt to create a plausible environment. I don't want firearms being drawn when the lords men want to ask us about our locked chest. I don't want to see a cute domesticated Ogre running the local Tavern.

I want an adventure that for the most part makes sense, allowing for the fact that an adventurer doesn't know everything.

3.5e,Pathfinder and RMC would be my preferred systems. I have an Ultimate license... just need to know the how, when and where.

How needs to include voice chat. My days of typing for 4 hours straight and fighting exhaustion the whole way are done.

My when is probably restricted to one of Mon/Tue or perhaps Thursday and [maybe] a Sunday. Generally 7 PM - 10 PM Central (-6) works. Earlier/later is possible but both cause questions. Every 2nd week or so would be ideal.

I'd love to play in a FR, Greyhawk or Rolemaster campaign of some serious kind.

If you find yourself pleading for "mature and reliable" players, I may very well be both of those (just don't ask the wife).

Mgrancey
April 22nd, 2013, 02:54
I don't think my campaign will match up with your schedule but if you want to give it a shot you are welcome, since we got the same approach towards gaming and running.