PDA

View Full Version : How do I activate a module?

mattcolville
April 19th, 2013, 20:26
I know this is a stupid question, I apologize, but I'm used to the 4E ruleset.

So the Library and the Module Activation thing are two different things? I don't see any option for "load a module."

Mgrancey
April 19th, 2013, 20:52
When you open the library, at the bottom left is a button [Module Activation] to bring up the window to activate modules, 4e works the same way, once in; you drag open books (to the left, can sometimes be tricky) and can block, allow or force characters to use certain modules using icons at bottom by dropping them in the space to the right of the books.

In Savage Worlds, there is a button up in the top right corner that does this, and I don't know about other rulesets.

gmkieran
April 19th, 2013, 20:53
Modules are either available (in the Modules folder with the appropriate rule set identified in their base file) or not. There should be a link at the bottom left of the Library that will take you to the familiar module activation screen you're used to in 4e. If the module you want to activate isn't there, it's either not in Modules or isn't associated with the rule set you're using - make sure you didn't pick 3.5 and try to activate a Pathfinder module (although many of those work under both).

Cheers!
GMK

Vishera
June 19th, 2013, 01:54
to piggy back on this, I added 2 PF modules and they wont open in my PF campaign? any ideas?

and yes they are in the modules folder.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2013, 02:01
to piggy back on this, I added 2 PF modules and they wont open in my PF campaign? any ideas?

and yes they are in the modules folder.
Which modules did you add? Did you make sure the files end in .mod?

Vishera
June 19th, 2013, 02:04
the PF bestiary 2 and 3, yes they both say .mod and the Definitions are defined as 3.5e, its the one you made

Trenloe
June 19th, 2013, 02:08
the PF bestiary 2 and 3, yes they both say .mod and the Definitions are defined as 3.5e, its the one you made
Did you do the following:

Unzipped the 2 .mod files into the <FG Data App Directory>\modules directory? Unzip the files, don't rename the .zip to .mod.
Stoppped and restarted Fantasy Grounds? FG will only read the modules folder when you start your campaign.
Started a 3.5e campaign? (Sorry, have to ask the stupid questions too).

When you say "won't open" you mean they display in the module activation window but the module book icon won't go from closed to open, or that they don't appear in the module activation window?

Vishera
June 19th, 2013, 02:47
Did you do the following:

Unzipped the 2 .mod files into the <FG Data App Directory>\modules directory? Unzip the files, don't rename the .zip to .mod.
Stoppped and restarted Fantasy Grounds? FG will only read the modules folder when you start your campaign.
Started a 3.5e campaign? (Sorry, have to ask the stupid questions too).

When you say "won't open" you mean they display in the module activation window but the module book icon won't go from closed to open, or that they don't appear in the module activation window?

I did this correctly and it wont display in the activation window.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2013, 02:54
I did this correctly and it wont display in the activation window.
What other modules do you see in the module activation window?

Vishera
June 19th, 2013, 02:59
What other modules do you see in the module activation window?

It just magically started displaying them, and they work fine.. Must have just needed a few times of restarting FG.. thanks!