PDA

View Full Version : Thornkeep and Emerald spire (Non-PFS) Tuesday evenings (EST)

Mgrancey
April 19th, 2013, 04:32
Final semester of school is nearly done, (and if all goes well everything will be passed). Hope for first session to be 30th unless a surge of people apply, group size will be 5 to 6.

I find Thornkeep and its surrounding areas interesting and I am planning to set it up as a limited sandbox area, as I will specifically be baiting you with Thornkeep and later the Emerald Spire. Both are located in the Echo Woods in the North-west area of the River Kingdoms, adjacent to Numeria and Ustalav and near Ramiraz.

Going to run on Tuesdays, starting somewhere around 7pm (est) or so and run for about 4 hours. First session will be character generation so that we can build a group that knows each other and will mostly get along and not be too dysfunctional. If everything is done

We are going to:

use rolled stats (4d6k3, single die reroll) and HP after 1st level
nearly all content available, if I okay strange stuff, with Pathfinder rules first (3rd parties included) then 3.5 if nothing in place for what you'd like in Pathfinder (stuff might get adjusted to fit as well)
no evil aligned characters
use Hero points, so if you don't have Adv. Players Guide go here (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/hero-points) and think about making up a good back history that lead to you being an adventurer.
Plot twist cards
crit hit and fumble decks

I'm hoping to go for about 60/40 on combat/dungeon crawling though it might end up different the Thornkeep Dungeon and Emerald Spire when it comes out (this summer I believe).
I try to be a fun and creative GM that rewards that as well, and will probably house rule some stuff, though I have nothing planned at moment.

I use a combination of voice and chat and will record them for reference.

Umbralord13
April 19th, 2013, 08:35
Myself and a couple of my friends would be really interested in joining as the campaign we were in ended recently. If you have room we would love to join we are all experienced with pathfinder and roleplaying in general. Our group has played together for over a year and in my opinion we work very well together having learned each others quirks when it comes to roleplaying. If you are willing to discuss allowing us to join then please contact me either on skype or with the email listed below. Either way though good luck with your campaign.

Email: [email protected]

Mgrancey
April 20th, 2013, 08:24
Right, so we have 4 or 5 slots, just looking for 1 or 2 more than.

Parnash
April 21st, 2013, 21:34
Hey, I might use a class I made up, if you want to look it up for acceptability.

Otherwise, I'll just pick something else, no big deal.

Mgrancey
April 22nd, 2013, 02:22
Obsidian portal page with opening hook.

Echo Woods (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/echo-woods/adventure-log)

Eanelen
April 26th, 2013, 00:20
Hello,

I'm looking for a steady game to play as well. I have been playing Pathfinder since it was first released, though I am a n00b to FG lol.

Mgrancey
April 26th, 2013, 00:45
Okay, I believe I have still have space. Tuesday the 30th at 7pm est is when we will be doing character creation and if done early get started playing.

Character gen and important house rules are in the wiki at Obsidian Portal, so apply there or send me an email to join the campaign. Once they get around to applying kickstarter rewards I will be getting Ascendant GM levels, so I'll be make use of that as well.

Mgrancey
April 26th, 2013, 03:54
At this time, to avoid overcrowding player acceptance is closed.

Mgrancey
April 29th, 2013, 03:29
For all players, alias is

XENO GATE COWARDLY IDOL

Parnash
May 1st, 2013, 00:03
Are we still go for tonight?

Mgrancey
May 1st, 2013, 00:10
Yep, servers up