PDA

View Full Version : Shadow and Lantern lodge to be retired

hawkwind
April 18th, 2013, 13:55
Also first steps modules to be retired and a fee other changes. The details on page six of a thread called Campaign changing announcements being made tomorrow. Sorry I can't post a link as I'm on my phone. Not method I have seem from Paizo for the dissemination of news!

Blackfoot
April 18th, 2013, 17:41
It looks like they are fixing the deal where you can get too much cash at lower levels by playing up... that's a good thing IMO. Playing up isn't good for the campaign in general... low level characters riding on the shirt-tails of higher ones...

What are they doing about the 'First Steps' I'm guessing that they will need to be rewritten since there are factions that are being removed... it actually makes sense to rewrite them every few years.

Discussion Thread (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2po8g&page=6?Campaign-changing-announcements-being-made)

At the start of Season 5, parts 2 and 3 will be retired. Part 1 will remain an active scenario. Once we have a new Tier 1 only scenario in place, part 1 will then be retired. It is my goal to have 1-2 Tier 1 only scenarios placed on the regular publishing schedule for PFS and published each season, that capture the flavor of the season. This won't be specifically tied to a certain faction so they can remain an evergreen product.

You won't see the first one of these until early 2014 and is the reason we are keeping part 1 of First Steps live until tha time. In the future, I hope to have one of these release as a Gen Con release.

I'll be running through the whole series shortly if anyone would like one more crack at them before they disappear. (At FGCon 2)

Mark of Stark
April 18th, 2013, 18:00
I recently made a new character from the shadow lodge, have yet to play it. Unfortunate but maybe they will bring in a couple of interesting factions, I for one had some issues trying to relate my characters to factions whole heartedly.

Blackfoot
April 18th, 2013, 18:09
From what I understand (and I may well be mistaken) they are looking to consolidate the number of faction options so I doubt there will be replacement factions for the two that are being removed.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2013, 18:10
I recently made a new character from the shadow lodge, have yet to play it. Unfortunate but maybe they will bring in a couple of interesting factions, I for one had some issues trying to relate my characters to factions whole heartedly.
For the short term I don't think there are any plans to add any new factions. The talk on the loooong podcast is that some of the remaining 8 aren't safe either - but that is part of the upcoming scenarios where the Pathfinder players may (or may not) have a hand in saving their faction from further turmoil...

Mark of Stark
April 18th, 2013, 18:13
I wouldnt mind that so much if they broadened the traits and the general goals of the factions they keep.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2013, 22:22
Summary post of the announcements here: https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5leod?Changes-Are-AComing-and-Gen-Con-Volunteers