PDA

View Full Version : PFS: In Wrath's Shadow

Mgrancey
April 17th, 2013, 06:05
In Wrath's Shadow
Number of Players 4-6

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–7.

In the ruins of Xin-Bakrakhan—seat of power of the Runelord of Wrath—the Pathfinder Society stands on the verge of a great discovery, but first the brave agents exploring the ruins must survive ages-old dangers and contemporary threats to return with the knowledge and wealth they’ve unearthed.

Written by Mike Shel.

April 21st, 2013 1:00 pm Est (-5 gmt) -- check calendar for confirmation
Duration: 4-5 hours; I have stuff planed 6 hours after start time.
Fantasy Grounds license: Ultimate
Chat type: FGII community TeamSpeak
Tier: 3-7 (3-4 and 5-7)
Calendar is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1012)

Needed

XML character file, if using hero labs make sure that familiars/animal companions have been extracted
last chronicle sheet of your character if you can (OR XP, Fame, Prestige, Gold, Name, Faction, PFS/character #)

Warning:
Keep track of what you buy, if you want to buy something before hand record it down,post it in this thread (with cost if expensive) before the game so I can quick check it (which means anything less than 1,500gp I really don't care about), and very shortly after the game simply post in this thread with the total list of purchases and expenditures with their costs and condense them to 7 lines if you buy a bunch of things.

I'll probably do the chron sheets while I'm playing in my game that evening so you will get them back fast. Monday or Tuesday at latest. After which I will upload them to a dropbox folder, so make sure you have an account.

Getting Started
Roused from sleep and herded aboard the Winking Wyvern, the party sails urgently for Rivenrake Island and the ruins of Xin-Bakrakhan, ancient capital of the Thassilonian Runelord of Wrath. A note from Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch informs the group that a Society-funded dig team has uncovered a totally intact temple that appears to be associated with the goddess Lissala, buried for 10,000 years. Given the fresh revelations that this long-thought-dead cult is thriving and allied with the Aspis Consortium, it’s a truly wonderful find, providing an unprecedented opportunity to gain knowledge of this forgotten faith. Even if the site turns out to not be dedicated to Lissala, learning more about the faiths and practices of ancient Thassilon always provides an abundance of knowledge. Often the items they use in their rituals lead to clues about the cults.

By now the work crew has finished clearing the site—the time to explore its secrets is at hand. The Society has no exclusive contract to the site, and Aspis Consortium agents scour the countryside seeking such ripe targets, so time is of the essence. Archaeologists Halla Beusophis and Kovo Murse can answer questions when the group arrives, and a fellow Pathfinder ranger, Riemme Batelle, is already on the island, ready to join in this exciting endeavor. Sheila Heidmarch has given the party a charge: eliminate the ancient temple’s dangers so that Society scholars can study the ruins safely, and bring back whatever knowledge lies within.

Killian
April 17th, 2013, 10:13
Sounds like fun, plus the goddess has a serpentine form so I know just who to bring along...

Here's .xml files for Level 4 sorceress and her familiar, plus last chronicle sheet. Can't think of any purchases not already on there.

Rose Claymore
April 19th, 2013, 12:52
I've played this before, but I'm available on Sunday if you need an extra to fill the table out with a pregen (preferably Kyra).

Mgrancey
April 20th, 2013, 08:07
Right now its looking like we won't have enough, I'll give it until sunday morning, but in truth not expecting alot of difference between Sat night and sunday morning.

Malkavian_Andi
April 20th, 2013, 09:03
If there aren't enough players, maybe try rescheduling. I'd be interested, but I don't have any time on sundays (at least not that early), because I play in another regular campaign then.

Mgrancey
April 20th, 2013, 10:00
Unfortunately work isn't very considerate about scheduling and I only get it on Sunday for the next week.

Malkavian_Andi
April 20th, 2013, 10:12
I might be available next week, but I don't know that yet. Some players of my regular campaign won't be there next week, so maybe that game session will be skipped (leaving the day open for me). I suppose that will be decided tomorrow.

lachancery
April 20th, 2013, 16:14
I'd love to join as well, but day-time (I'm Eastern Canada, GMT-4) just isn't compatible with my family & work schedule... :(

Hope you can get a group assembled! Perhaps post a reminder to see if it would "wake up" some people who might be available?

Mgrancey
April 21st, 2013, 13:19
Well won't be running this today, see about running something else

Bloodlust
April 22nd, 2013, 03:23
I've got a level 6 I'm dying to play but I have already played this one sorry :(

Malkavian_Andi
April 22nd, 2013, 10:42
Next Sunday (April 28), I will have time to play. So let me know if you want to reschedule the scneario for that day. As I already said, I'd be interested in playing.

Tinculin
April 25th, 2013, 20:03
i can likely make this sunday too