PDA

View Full Version : Running a 3.5e game.

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 03:53
Looking for 2-4 characters. The story begins with the heroes starting their very own mercenary group :D over time it gets a lot bigger than that, but I'm not going to spoil anything :3
Join if you wanna ^^ I'll be done very soon

M113A2
April 16th, 2013, 04:46
do you have regular gm or ultimate.two here want to play 3.5 but can only play mon or wed every other week after 5:00 mountain time.we can get lite if necessary

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 06:02
I just have a Full License. Monday or Wednesday every other week. That seems a bit of a large gap, but sure. 5 there is... 3 here. We'll see. Let me check my schedule and get back to you, eh?

Dr_Babylon
April 16th, 2013, 06:49
Depending on the scheduling needs of the majority, I would be a willing participant (late-evening Eastern time-zone here; can do no earlier than 9:30 pm). A 3.5 game would be mighty fine. Will this be a voice- or text-based endeavor? I'm sure I could rustle up a mercenary character concept...

Laconiclament
April 16th, 2013, 07:05
I would love to join in on this 3.5 game. I'm central time, and available any weeknight but Tuesday night. I have an ultimate license, and would be interested in a druid concept for my character. If someone else had a hankering for a druid/healer based char, I have another backup concept that would work splendidly for merc work. A reaping mauler. :D

Please keep me in mind, as I'm hungrily looking for a game to attend regularly. Feel free to PM me with any questions or details!

__doug__
April 16th, 2013, 13:25
I am available Wednesday night after 9PM EST if the sessions are not too long. Let me know when you decide on a play schedule.

Doug

Mark of Stark
April 16th, 2013, 16:05
I would be interested aswell, depending on the days you run. Personally wendsdays are better but once you set a hard day then I can get back to you.

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 17:21
Oh, and one thing. The characters you play as, make sure you have a set deity from the 3.5e normal setting. I can get you a list if you don't know them. Everyone needs a different one. I'm sorry I'm so flaky and scattered about this. It's my first time working with FG... Here I got an idea. Let me make a quick overview of the world and char requirements.

World
- Normal Setting (Eberron not Fearun)
- the county is a monarchy. Cities are ruled by lords, who answer to the province's governor, who answers to the king.
- there is an Arcane University and a sizable church in every major city. Universities welcome any who would learn and offer a free library to all, labs for magical experimentation for a minor fee, and training in the arcane arts for a moderate tuition. Churches offer their services for free, but an offering is customary.
- mercenaries are quite common, and they aren't considered evil or unsavory, however, mercenaries that gain a reputation for underhanded tactics and taking hits are.
- Pelor (God of the Sun) is the chief human deity.

Characters
- No evil, period.
- Must all have different deities. Deities may not be evil either.
- Start at Lv. 1

One thing to point out:
- Mercenary doesn't mean hitman or hired flunkies for organized crime. You'll be on protection detail for caravans, defending villages from bandits, rescuing damsels and the like.

From what I've read, Wednesdays at about 9-10:30pm (my time is Eastern -5) sounds good. The games may run for about 2-4 hours.
Any thoughts?

Also as for vocal or text, tell me what you guys would prefer.

Laconiclament
April 16th, 2013, 17:29
I've played in Eberron a time or two, so that's all good with me! Also, the game day and times work for me, although I'm not 100% if I'm on your player list. I just saw an update and wanted to chime in and confirm my continued interest.

I do have a question pertaining to my character concept, but I'll save that for PMs or until things are more concrete at the very least! :)

Mark of Stark
April 16th, 2013, 17:39
I've played in Eberron a time or two, so that's all good with me! Also, the game day and times work for me, although I'm not 100% if I'm on your player list. I just saw an update and wanted to chime in and confirm my continued interest.

I do have a question pertaining to my character concept, but I'll save that for PMs or until things are more concrete at the very least! :)

I was pretty much gonna say the same thing as Laconiclament. :rv:

Mgrancey
April 16th, 2013, 17:41
Hmmm. If starting at 10, I could make it, though do you mean like Eberron or your using Eberron, as it is my favorite setting?

__doug__
April 16th, 2013, 18:03
If the game will be finished by 12 EST things are sounding good to me.

I was a little confused about some of your description. Are you using an Eberron with the gods from the PHB?

I have had good experiences using team speak with FG.

Doug

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 19:06
Hmmm. If starting at 10, I could make it, though do you mean like Eberron or your using Eberron, as it is my favorite setting?

Eberron as in the basic player's handbook rules, races, and such. I made the kingdom, provinces, rulers, and everything from scratch using those rules.

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 19:07
If the game will be finished by 12 EST things are sounding good to me.

I was a little confused about some of your description. Are you using an Eberron with the gods from the PHB?

I have had good experiences using team speak with FG.

Doug

12-1 I figure and I'm using just the basic setting from the players handbook. The gods are from there as well, and the "Deities and Demi-Gods" book

Fnar777
April 16th, 2013, 19:11
I figure I should say that I'm a damn idiot. When I asked a friend what Eberron was he told me the basic setting. I just looked it up and it's a whole campaign setting... I'm sorry if I misled you :(

Laconiclament
April 16th, 2013, 22:07
No worries, happens to the best of us. Honestly, I enjoy all the standalone worlds for 3.5 as well as basic "homegrown" 3.5; so makes no difference to me.

Where are you at with having your player list fleshed out? Not gonna lie, I'm itching to know if I should roll up my druid! :D

Mgrancey
April 16th, 2013, 22:19
The reason I was asking is there is stuff that is exclusive for Eberron, like the Dragonmarks and Dragonmark Houses, acceptance of wider selection of humanoids (orcs/half-orcs having an important task and history, goblin nations, monsterous humanoid nations, half-elves as true breeding race, rather than scattering of hybrids), warforged and artificers. Eberron also has low level magic as more mundane than typical fantasy realms.

Main reason I was asking at that making a Dragonmarked House Denieth merc or a Kalashtar soul knife (been hankering to play a soul knife lately) might not fit in a setting that's not Eberron.

Mgrancey
April 16th, 2013, 23:06
Also a question about what's allowable, I have the archive of Class acts from old Dragons and bunch of books. I usually play smarter characters, not necessarily wizards and such, but fighters that fight tactically, rogues that fight by more than just flanking and such.

And as I said, I'm kind of hankering to play a Soul Knife (probably with a bit of fighter) , who would probably specialize in forming different weapons and altering them in combat for a chaotic and confusing style. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I would need to look up the feats that allow it though I know most were in the Class Acts.

Fnar777
April 17th, 2013, 02:47
Also a question about what's allowable, I have the archive of Class acts from old Dragons and bunch of books. I usually play smarter characters, not necessarily wizards and such, but fighters that fight tactically, rogues that fight by more than just flanking and such.

And as I said, I'm kind of hankering to play a Soul Knife (probably with a bit of fighter) , who would probably specialize in forming different weapons and altering them in combat for a chaotic and confusing style. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I would need to look up the feats that allow it though I know most were in the Class Acts.

Sorry no dragon houses or what not. It's just a basic world with nothing added except some stuff later on. It's literally straight out of the Player's Manuel and the DM's guide. Once again, I'm sorry I was misleading T.T

I'm gonna have to pick and choose cause there's no way a beginner to FG like me can give so many players the game y'all deserve :(
I was looking for, at max, 4.

Let me do some PMing whit y'all and I'll see who still wants to play, k?

e2wolfe
April 17th, 2013, 03:10
I have about 2 years experience in 3.5 and about 2 years in 2.0. I've never played online before but since all my college buddies moved away I haven't been able to play and I have a crazy desire to play again. I normally run with a mage (elven or human) but I also love playing a cleric if the party needs one. I have 2 sons so my availability is pretty much limited to week nights after 8pm EST or I can play most Friday or Sunday evenings after 8pm EST as well. If you are still taking players I'd be extremely interested!! A little patience while I learn the software would be appreciated. I'm a quick learner and I'm fully committed to meeting up on a regular basis to start a nice long term gaming session with like minded people! I enjoy RP sessions as well as some nice combat (lets be honest killing baddies is the best part!).

Laconiclament
April 17th, 2013, 04:06
Let me do some PMing whit y'all and I'll see who still wants to play, k?

Received and replied, Fnar.

Mark of Stark
April 17th, 2013, 12:11
Let us know if you get all filled up

M113A2
April 17th, 2013, 18:35
same here...I can play wed. and my friend can play every other wed
starting today

JohnD
April 20th, 2013, 13:28
If you can get your hands on a copy, there is a setting book put out by Green Ronin outlining the world of The Black Company series by Glen Cook... it puts a really interesting (and IMO much more deadly) spin on a 3.5e game. This came to mind since the OP said the PCs would be part of a mercenary company, and that's what The Black Company is.

Laconiclament
April 20th, 2013, 18:00
JohnD, I've enjoyed other books by Cook but never heard of this series. Needless to say, I'm now very intrigued by a setting/ruleset/supplement book for such a world. Do you possibly know of an online read-only pdf, or some other solution as to how I might sink my teeth into it?

JohnD
April 21st, 2013, 03:44
JohnD, I've enjoyed other books by Cook but never heard of this series. Needless to say, I'm now very intrigued by a setting/ruleset/supplement book for such a world. Do you possibly know of an online read-only pdf, or some other solution as to how I might sink my teeth into it?
Hmm... here's a link in the right direction (how I bought my hard cover book).

https://www.amazon.com/Mythic-Vistas-Company-Campaign-Setting/dp/1932442383/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1366510639&sr=8-24&keywords=green+ronin+d20

I know for a fact there's a handy pdf that's available... not sure from where though (I could not find it in the PDF section of www.greenronin.com).

Fnar777
May 3rd, 2013, 06:47
Well... damn. This'll be on hold indefinitely, until I can fix my damn ports

Mgrancey
May 3rd, 2013, 07:35
What's the issue?