PDA

View Full Version : Transferring a Savage Worlds campaign to another PC?

zackspacks
April 16th, 2013, 01:00
Hi all
Finally got a new PC, and being completely non-IT skilled, it took many Bothans to...sorry, many searches of this forum and many hours to get Port1802 to open. Okay, so up and running, reinstalling my Savage Worlds campaign, except it doesn't show up iin the start menu - I just copied n pasted the whole file next to the D&D3.5E & 4E freebie module. Maybe this is the problem?:confused:

Anyways, thinking I would be clever, I started off a blank module, and by copy n pasting across I seem to have brought over some of the images, tokens and my hot keys, but 'lost'* the PC's, their notes,and the NPC personalities. Something tells me I have made a hash of this, I have searched this forum, but don't seem to be able to find the relevant topic, so apologies if this has been covered, a link is fine, or any tips?

I do have a back-up plan - it all works fine on the old PC still, so either manually typing it all across, or using the old PC...eeek....anything but that:D

cheers
Paul

Trenloe
April 16th, 2013, 02:34
Steps to transfer your campaign from one PC (PC #1) to another (PC #2):

On PC #1 open the Fantasy Application Data folder. This is found by going to: Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application data folder. This will open a Windows Explorer application where all of the Fantasy Grounds data is.
Open the "campaigns" directory and you will see a list of campaigns you have created in FG in the past. Select the ones you want to transfer and "zip" them up - usually done by right-clicking on your selections and selecting "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) folder". Put the resulting compressed folder on a USB drive or email it to yourself if it is not that big.
Go to the same location on PC #2: Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application data folder.
Unzip the file you created in step 2 above into the "campaigns" folder - so you have one or more directories for the campaigns you brought across.
Start Fantasy Grounds on PC #2 and you should see your campaigns in the "Load Campaign" window.

zackspacks
April 16th, 2013, 10:20
Trenloe, MANY THANKS!

If it wasn't for this community, I would be dead in the water wrt FG. :)