PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group

Rogad
April 12th, 2013, 13:24
Hi, I'm in the UK, looking to join a CoC group.

I haven't bought FG yet but will do as soon as I find a group to play with.

It's been twenty years since I last played lol, so I am rusty. Would like some time to do some reading of the rules too, so I am in no rush really.

Look forward to hearing from someone out there :)

Insanity
April 12th, 2013, 16:31
I may be looking for new players to join a game. We play every other Saturdays, the next game is tomorrow by chance, but that was also when I was going to determine if I need to replace some players who have been absent.

The times are 6:00PM to 10:00PM GMT -5, which would be an odd time for you in the UK, probably starting at 10:00PM or so?

Rogad
April 12th, 2013, 16:54
Hello Insanity (how often it is the case)... Thanks for the offer, that is a bit late for me, but nevertheless.. I'm more worried about keeping people up if it's Skype or something - not a problem if I can use text though. I don't really know how this FG software works yet so I wouldn't want to be a drag.

Insanity
April 12th, 2013, 17:43
No worries, just wanted to extend the offer.

We do use TeamSpeak3, but most of what goes on in game is via the FG chat.
The voice usually gets reserved for quick Q&A and such, not so much in game RP.

Isembard
April 12th, 2013, 19:30
Rogad
I'm currently running Mask of Nyarlathotep every second week. Friday night one week Sunday the next. Next session is Friday 19th at 7.30pm (0 GMT). Its locked on the game calendar but drop me a PM and I'd be happy to let you join.
We've played but two sessions so we are not to far in. I'm also running a shorter one or two session game The Dockside Dogs this is due to start on Sunday 28th April and can be joined at the Game Calendar.
Anyway let me know
Isembard

Rogad
April 12th, 2013, 21:24
Thanks both for the offers :)

I think for no other reason than the time zones I would like to take Isembard up on his kind offer. Maybe we can still play together sometime in the future Insanity :)

Isembard, I assume you are using the 6th rule set ? If so I will order a copy from Amazon so I can catch up.

And do you use voice or chat ? I'm content with simple text chat and in my mind it would seem easier to follow the flow that way ?

I'll wait to hear back from you before putting my order in here.

Many thanks to you both for being so welcoming :)

Insanity
April 13th, 2013, 17:39
Ironically, I am also running Masks, but my group sounds like it is further into it by a bit.

Isembard
April 13th, 2013, 17:42
We use chat only. We have toyed with the idea of using TeamSpeak but are not at present.
We use the 6th Ed Ruleset and the 1920's Investigators Companion.
If you sign up at the game calendar I'll send you full details for log ins etc.
Cheers
Isembard

Rogad
April 14th, 2013, 15:45
Sorry for the delay, the forum does not seem to be notifying me of replies. I just ordered the paperback 6th ed rules and The Investigators companion. I'll buy a full license for FG then. Cheers :)

Rogad
April 14th, 2013, 15:49
BTW I will be a little rusty no doubt for a while before I get used to it again. Hopefully the rule set will be here this coming week so I can do some reading. The Companion will take a while longer to arrive.

Application submitted, many thanks :)