PDA

View Full Version : modifying the ADND2e Ruleset for Basic D&D RC

sehmerus
April 11th, 2013, 14:17
I tried using the Labyrinth Lord ruleset for my group but it is too simple, (we play with alot of the optional Rules Cyclopedia rules)

So we been using the ADND2e Ruleset wich so far has been great, but because of a couple differences was wondering how easy/hard it would be to change the character sheet so that it would be more in-line with BECMI/RC D&D.

what would need to happen...

change the name of the Saving throws ....to Death Ray & Poison/ Magic Wands/ Paralysis & turn to stone/ Dragon Breath/ Rod staff spell
the functions of the saves does not change, so this change would be purely cosmetic in the character sheet.

change the Turning, chart in the special abilities tab to roll 2d6 instead of a d20 to check for turning. function would be the same just use different dice.

renaming Proficiencies, and weapons "optional Skills, and optional Weapon mastery" (this also would be the same function just different label)

what would could be changed for simplicity but can be just ignored if not....

remove all the stat modifiers and replace with just 1 modifier for each stat.

only negative i dislike with the ruleset, is that monsters dont have a thaco to do auto-roll drops like the players can. so i have to roll manually. but that is a little gripe nothing serious.

i am currently trying to figure out how to make a library of basic spells and monsters. for this too. but im not good programming at all so its coming SLOWLY!! lol

psicodelix
April 11th, 2013, 21:12
to create thac0-based attack entries in npcs you have to use the following schema:

attack_name thac0 (damage_die)

for example:

Long sword 17 (1d8+2)

it allows you to auto roll and drag'n'drop attacks over tokens and CT entries.