PDA

View Full Version : Shiny New Tab

S Ferguson
April 8th, 2013, 18:26
I'm sorry. Been out of the loop for a while with other stuff, and wanted to know how to use the shiny, new tab, the Table Resolver. Also. I was wondering what font was used in the Stack items. If I make an extension, I want it to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Dakadin
April 9th, 2013, 06:05
The best way to use it is when some attacks someone else using the Combat Tracker. After you roll an attack (can also be a MM or RR), it will show up in what is called the stack (#1 in the attached image). You can right click the stack entry you would like to resolve. This will fill in the modifiers(#2), roll total(#3), and table(#4) will automatically have the appropriate cell selected.

You can add new modifiers or remove them from the modifier list. This will automatically adjust the roll total and the table cell. If you want to select a different row or column, you can just click the heading.

Once you have the appropriate result on the attack table you can drag the cell to the defender. Right click the result if there is a critical or fumble indicated. This will open up the result table(#5) below the attack table. Have the attacker roll a 1d100. The GM then drags the results from the chat onto the result table. The appropriate cell will be selected automatically. Drag the cell to the defender to apply a critical result. Unfortunately fumble results don't get automatically applied yet.

Raymond will have to tell you the font used. ;)

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 06:31
Thanks for the walkthrough.

Cheers,
SF

Dakadin
April 9th, 2013, 06:58
Your welcome. One other thing that I should have mentioned is you can open the Tables window and drag a table into the table area(#4) of the Table resolver if you need to use a table outside of combat. Then just drag the roll result to the table and it will select the row. You just need to select the column.

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 16:21
Now that is handy!

Shockbolt
April 9th, 2013, 16:44
S Ferguson: I've "only" made the new set of graphics for the updated RM ruleset, haven't given myself time to learn how to use it yet. Could you provide me with a screenshot of the UI element with the font visible in it?

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 17:13
It is marked with the red arrow.

Shockbolt
April 9th, 2013, 17:41
The fonts name is "Mongolian Baiti"
If you want to, just let me know what text should be in the tabs and I'll create them for you. As I have the PSD file with layers, it's a matter of seconds to create new additions of them.

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 17:51
Will do. I've got a few projects on the go for <gasp> other systems, but I'll be getting to my old faithful RM in a couple of weeks. I'll PM you when I need one.

Much obliged,
SF