PDA

View Full Version : Character portrait ?

Hevok
April 8th, 2013, 14:54
Hi everybody,

In the CoC ruleset, I have a problem when I want to create a character : there is no field to drop a picture of my character.

What is he problem?
Thanks.

PS : I upgraded all my rulesets and I had some error messages :

Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:dexterity"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:50: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:education"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:50: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

S Ferguson
April 8th, 2013, 18:10
This was done in the day there were no drop downs. In the stack, the small buttons in the upper right hand corner, then the first one on the upper left should say Portraits. if you hover over it. Click on this and give your character a portrait. This can only be done on the players side. Unfortunately, this was made without the amenities of the more modern games.

Hevok
April 8th, 2013, 18:58
Thanks a lot.
But my problem is not solved.
You say "Click on this and give your character a portrait", but I can't.
1. I create a new character (or I take an old one)
2. the description of my character appears>"Main" menu
There is no place to choose a picture.

So :
- I tried with the 4E ruleset, and It works.
- I created a campaign on a computer, and connected as player. It worked too by drag and droping a portrait on the top left icon of the connected player.

Is there a solution to add this portrait in the "Manage Character" offline ?

Thanks!

PS : and are these messages of errors important ?

S Ferguson
April 8th, 2013, 19:20
Thanks a lot.
But my problem is not solved.
You say "Click on this and give your character a portrait", but I can't.
1. I create a new character (or I take an old one)
2. the description of my character appears>"Main" menu
There is no place to choose a picture.

So :
- I tried with the 4E ruleset, and It works.
- I created a campaign on a computer, and connected as player. It worked too by drag and droping a portrait on the top left icon of the connected player.

Is there a solution to add this portrait in the "Manage Character" offline ?

Thanks!

PS : and are these messages of errors important ?

Like I said. It's an old ruleset. The player (when you logged in to yourself) is the *only* one allowed to assign a portrait. Unfortunately, there is know way (that I'm aware of) to manage portraits in any other way. Don't compare this ruleset with the 4E one. CoC lacks a *lot* of the material that has been incorporated into more modern sets since then. moon_wizard is working on a fix, but that could be a couple of couple of months off - he's building a new foundation set that will incorporate all the bells and whistles of the latest sets across systems.

The host doesn't have access to portraits, as the only time they would be used, would be as tokens for the map. That's why there is only the small token image in the box (the small circle).

And I'm sure there's a solution, that could be made into an extension. I'm just not sure what it is at the moment (it's been awhile since I looked at the code).:D

Cheers,
SF

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2013, 00:07
However, you can fire up a second instance of FG on the same machine, and log in as the player to change the portrait on the GM machine.

Regards,
JPG

Hevok
April 9th, 2013, 14:13
Ok.
thanks a lot guys.