PDA

View Full Version : Running Pathfinder Campaign Looking for 1 maybe 2 more..

Blahness98
April 7th, 2013, 16:08
Due to player dropout, I am looking at replacing 1, maybe 2, characters in an established Pathfinderized Dragonlance game. More specific information about the background of the campaign can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16737&highlight=Dragonlance).

We are currently playing alternating Wednesday nights starting at 6pm GMT-6. This schedule may change due to my work schedule (working retail sucks) so a session may be postponed until the next Wednesday.

The current make up of the group is:

Druid Barbarian
Fighter/Rogue
Ranger
A possible Alchemist (the player is still deciding on if she wants to officially join)

The group currently has an NPC that is rogueish that they don't really know too much about. The group could use a cleric or some sort of healer and maybe a wizard.

The game is entirely chat based. There is a possibility of a Skype call in the background for OOC chat, but that has not happened as of yet. I am using an outside forum for out of game RP and for information related to the setting.

Any other information or any questions, please drop me a PM or a post here.

Andrepartthree
April 8th, 2013, 00:40
I was one of the players who dropped out.... again sorry about that guys :( ... just wanted to give a shout out to blahness he's a friggin' awesome GM I can tell you guys that from personal experience ! :) ... I had to drop out because of real life issues with my younger munchkin at school and the ridiculous expectations they have for him at school (rolls eyes) but before I hijack this thread any more than I have already by going into even further detail about my munchkin's woes... given a choice I would have gladly stayed in the campaign until it's completion.

For stupid people like me :P who need further clarification... the game being entirely chat based means just that.. pretty much everything is typed in FG, both in and out of character ... my understanding is that if someone REALLY wants to use skype to say out of character stuff instead of typing it blahness is open to that but he prefers all in-character stuff to be typed .. from what I saw having everything typed was working pretty well in the campaign anyways to begin with ;) , so ...

From my experience blahness (like most GM's actually from what I've seen on FG ) also enjoys and appreciates a well thought out character with the whole personal background and personality thing written up (doesn't have to be a novel but give him SOMETHING :P) ... two of the current players are familiar with the Dragonlance campaign setting already but one is not so just to clarify that too you don't HAVE to be familiar with Dragonlance to join up - it's a bonus obviously but not a requirement ... if you're not familiar with the dragonlance campaign however and you feel like reading my (admittedly far too long - kind of like the one I'm doing right now :P ) posts here it gives you a bit more info

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16737&highlight=Dragonlance

Blahness has a superb forum set up for the campaign that does an even better job of detailing the world of dragonlance including background campaign info and allowed player character classes, races et cetera... it also has some great descriptions of the current PC's you can read up on in further detail , but for a capsule summary:

The druid-barbarian is Tymire, a male, calm and mellow , laid back sort of minotaur who has (unless he's in the middle of combat that is :P ) put his war-like minotaur culture behind him as a life-long convert to the gods of Light, Habbakuk in particular ... Malrik is the male, human, rogue-fighter, sort of the man of mystery right now , a mercenary who used to work for the "wrong" side if you will before joining up with the PC's ;) .. Kyshna is the female, elven ranger... anyone who's familiar with the Kagonesti sub-race of elves knows they're highly suspicious of non-Kagonesti but she's working with the other PC's anyways to further highly personal goals she may or may not share with you depending on if you can get on her good side or not ;) ... as my character learned pissing Kyshna off is not a good idea (though out of character as a player I had a hell of a lot of fun with that :) ) ...

For anyone who's REALLY stupid like I was at the start :P and doesn't know what pathfinder is.. if you already know the D&D version 3.5 rules then you're like 90 percent familiar with Pathfinder anyways ;) .. it's very similar to D&D but there are some major differences that I would argue work in favor of players (in my opinion the Pathfinder character classes are slightly more powerful than their D&D 3.5 alternatives ) ... if you're not familiar with D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder .. well one of the current players was in that exact same position and he's picking it up fairly quickly , the other 2 players are experts on the rules and happy to help and blahness as a GM is of course very knowledgeable on them too :) ... see here for an online guide to pathfinder (this is the "official" rules website put forth by the creators of Pathfinder)

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

The player who wasn't familiar with Pathfinder/D&D version 3.5 rules IS a highly mature, pleasant, easy to get along with fellow who puts that extra effort and "oomph" into role playing his character whether during FG game sessions or on the previously mentioned campaign forum... and from what I understand those traits are what blahness values far more than " Oh I'm a total pathfinder/3.5 rules expert " :P ... he'd much rather have someone who respects both his/her fellow players and the GM and who places emphasis on the role playing aspect than say some rules-lawyer power-gamer who knows the rules backwards and forwards well enough to write up an overpowered PC who demolishes everything in his path .. but the player can't be bothered to write up even the simplest background or personality for his or her PC :P ... hey if you enjoy power gaming over role playing and meet up with similar players and a GM who enjoys that go for it, there's all sorts of RPG'ers out there and not saying one is better than another type ;) .. but I can state from personal experience blahness isn't looking for that ...

Again, blahness is a great GM and I am fully confident if you join this campaign you're going to have a lot of fun with him :) ...

Laconiclament
April 8th, 2013, 04:21
I have an idea for a druid character that I've had kicking around in my head for sometime now. If that class role still needs to be filled, you could keep me in mind! Wednesdays work for me and I've read a great many Dragonlance novel (albeit, years ago now). I can be reliably reached via PM.

Mark of Stark
April 11th, 2013, 14:05
Hi, if your still looking I would be interested in giving it a shot. Though to be upfront I am pretty new with FG2. I just picked up the demo and I am considering picking up an ultimate pass I just want to really test it out, though I won't bail on you once I've learned some more.

More info on me, very familar with 3.5 and pathfinder ruleset, not very knowledgable on Dragonlance though (played mostly forgotten realms). I mostly play clerics, followed by druids and rangers, though I've been known to play most anything if I can think up an excellent backstory.

So if you want to take a chance on a new guy then I would be interested in giving it a go.

Fnar777
April 14th, 2013, 18:34
I like to play as a neutral cleric with offensive and healing powers. I've played 3.5 for quite a while, but I don't know much about pathfinder, or dragonlance. If you don't mind a total noob, then I'd love to play.

rahkshasa
April 22nd, 2013, 23:44
If you haven't found another player, or what you're looking for really, I'll play. I know its' sort of late to ask, though.

Blahness98
April 23rd, 2013, 02:17
Sent a pm to those that were interested and from appearances did not find a different game..

rahkshasa
April 23rd, 2013, 05:22
I appreciate your swift response!

windscar18
April 23rd, 2013, 08:10
Still looking for players? I might be interested, as this semester winds down and I have some more time on Wed.

Eanelen
April 26th, 2013, 01:04
If you are still looking for players, I'm certainly interested.

blckattk
April 30th, 2013, 07:13
if you are still looking for players i'm down

Parnash
April 30th, 2013, 23:16
I'm interested if you're still open.

ortonius
May 3rd, 2013, 02:56
I'm interested as well if you have an opening. Willing to play any kind of character / class. Jonesing to play via FG for the first time!!

Blahness98
May 4th, 2013, 04:01
Thank you for all the interest, but the game is currently full. I will keep the names posted here close by in case another slot happens to open up.

Hopefully those not able to join my game are able to find one of their own.

Parnash
May 4th, 2013, 09:48
Bummer... Alright! Hope ya'll have fun. :>