PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me make a War of the Dead wallpaper please?

daddystabz
April 5th, 2013, 04:22
I do not really know how to make a wallpaper for use when I load my Savage Worlds Deluxe War of the Dead campaign. I'd really love to have something nice for the players to look at when they connect.

Can anyone help me please?

grimm182
April 5th, 2013, 17:44
I can help! and maybe it will get me some free bennys!! :D

daddystabz
April 5th, 2013, 22:30
Awesome! Want to chat over Skype or something and see what we can come up with?

S Ferguson
April 5th, 2013, 22:57
Actually, making wallpaper, and by extension icons, is probably the first extension people learn how to do. They usually just take an existing wallpaper (i.e. ones that come with 4e) unzip it and adjust the graphics and the game system supported. It's really not too difficult.

daddystabz
April 6th, 2013, 17:23
How can I get with either of you to work on this? Anyone want to get on Skype? I have some images to work with.

S Ferguson
April 6th, 2013, 17:47
I don't think I've used Skype in years. Lately it's been Teamspeak3 or Mumble. Anyway are you comfortable in Photoshop, or GIMP?

daddystabz
April 6th, 2013, 18:22
I have some basic ability. I don't have Photoshop anymore though, only MS Paint. I have TS and Mumble. I prefer Mumble though.

S Ferguson
April 6th, 2013, 18:25
Hmmm. That's not good. You need a program that supports .png files because you need transparencies, Can you download GIMP? It's free and arguably just as good as Photoshop.

daddystabz
April 6th, 2013, 18:27
I forgot to mention that I think I downloaded GIMP recently when I was trying to work on a Ravenloft wallpaper.

S Ferguson
April 6th, 2013, 18:39
O.K. so you have a tool that will support transparencies. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a zip file that you can place in your extensions folder. The graphics file in the folder "graphics/frames/desktop_background" is the file you want to change. You might try loading a session of SW, I threw in a placeholder image. Note where the border cuts off. that's your maximum screen area. And also note where the SW logo is placed in the transparent part, that is roughly where your own "logo" can go. Any questions about the structure I can answer via PM. Setting this up in a chat session would be horrendous, I was thinking. This is far easier.