PDA

View Full Version : Magic Weapon Creation

Tycandus
April 5th, 2013, 01:17
This would be for the Pathfinder ruleset. I'm trying to create a magical weapon with just a basic enchantment. I've put bonus +1 in the cost entry, or ATK: 1 in the properties section and neither seems to be adding the bonus when the item is dropped on a PC's sheet and Identified. It looked like it was working initially, but not any longer. Is there something that I'm missing?

Trenloe
April 5th, 2013, 01:56
You need to give the item a Type of "Weapon" - capital W. This will change the fields within the item window to allow you to enter things like damage, damage type, critical, and the "Bonus".

Here is an example of the basic info for a +1 longsword. It is the "1" in the Bonus field that makes it +1 - this will automatically be added to the attack and damage rolls when the item is added to a PC character sheet.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/%2B1%20Longsword.JPG

antoneagle
April 17th, 2013, 05:25
On this same note... are the special words that can be used in the "Subtype" box to trigger other options?

Trenloe
April 17th, 2013, 05:35
On this same note... are the special words that can be used in the "Subtype" box to trigger other options?
Just Weapon or Armor - note the starting capital letter, you need to match these exactly, otherwise the fields will not change.

This would be much better done as a radio button - like the NPC/Trap/Vehicle selection at the bottom of the NPC sheet.

EDIT: Sorry, completely misread your question. There aren't any special subtype keywords.