PDA

View Full Version : CoC Now Skin

Frostgeneral
April 4th, 2013, 12:20
Hej Guys,

i just wanted to know how to make my own skin like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2623&d=1340213063

I dont like the old green one skin from Chaosium and tried alot of creating my own skin, but it didnt work like this.

Is there another skin for Coc 1920 oder 2000 CoCNow Version?

Greetings from germany, sry for bad english :bandit:

tdewitt274
April 5th, 2013, 04:22
If you're handy with a graphics program, or at least able to use one, this may be of help. It may have more than you need, but the first chapter will get you started.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/Anatomy_of_a_Ruleset.pdf

Frostgeneral
April 5th, 2013, 09:38
Okay, Thank you. i'll take a look ;)

Insanity
April 6th, 2013, 03:42
The desktop image is usually 1124x512 px. The center image is often an transparent portion overlay. The main part of the image is 610 in width, and then the overlay is 514 in width.

Shouldn't be too hard to make an extension to change it, but need the graphic first.

Frostgeneral
April 6th, 2013, 10:44
If u like to help me with this, i will send u a PM =)

Insanity
April 6th, 2013, 12:54
I've had challenges in making extensions, but I think I can manage this. Send away.

Frostgeneral
April 10th, 2013, 13:46
<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="frames/desktop.png" />
<middle rect="0,0,200,200" />
<right rect="200,0,97,200" />
<decal rect="300,0,700,500" />
</framedef>

If i just wanna a picture with no mid or right rect, can i just clear the parts of the quote?

i try to clear it but then there was just a blackscreen.

tdewitt274
April 10th, 2013, 14:15
The "middle rect" is the desktop, the "right rect" is the bar on the right hand side of the screen that the story/token icons sit on. If you want a "generic" color, you can add a background color to a small section and reduce the values to fit that area.

Based on your results, I would say that it is picking up the deleted area and replacing it with black. You cannot have a transparent background. If I remember correctly when I started messing with backgrounds, when I ran into issues with the area being too small it would turn up black.

Hope this helps.

Frostgeneral
April 10th, 2013, 14:29
https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3716/cthulhu1p.jpg

If i want to inbind this picture, without any other mids and rights, its not enough to change name in "desktop" and pull it in "ruleset/cthulhu/frames".

Can i manage this or it is not possible to change this like i want to

Insanity
April 10th, 2013, 15:11
You could manage this picture, but it could not be the middle or the right, it would have to be the decal.

The middle and right must be some tileable.

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 16:35
It would be a fairly simple extension to make. I do them al the time. Nice pic BTW.

Cheers,
SF

Insanity
April 10th, 2013, 16:39
It is, but I think he is asking about that picture to be the middle part of the desktop, or be the desktop in itself.

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 16:49
Well with no transparency (or a massively huge png file) I'd hope he'd want it as the wallpaper.

Cheers,
SF

Frostgeneral
April 10th, 2013, 20:18
i dont need another transparency level or mid or something like that. i just want this picture as a wallpaper in the back.

My question is how to set / manipulate the code that there is no mid. just my picture which i named "desktop"

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 20:27
You're going to have to make an extension. That or have a knowledge of Photoshop. The desktop.png shouldn't be replaced, just substituted for something else. Zip up the picture and I'll give you a helping hand on how it's done.

Insanity
April 11th, 2013, 02:56
Here is one of the images you sent me. 50% reduction on my screen.

https://i.imgur.com/fuYMLGCs.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/fuYMLGC.jpg)

Frostgeneral
April 11th, 2013, 08:35
Good job, looks quite nice =)

S Ferguson
April 11th, 2013, 19:40
Here's a sample of a full background.

Insanity
April 11th, 2013, 20:25
How does the image get stretched vs being tiled?

S Ferguson
April 11th, 2013, 20:42
Apparently the way around this is, with large images, is that you have to stretch the decal over the tiling graphics, so it doesn't show. A nice hack, that seems to work in pretty much all of FG's 2.8 Rulesets. You can see the changes in graphics_frame in the extension.

Insanity
April 12th, 2013, 16:29
I thought it might be the decal.

Frostgeneral
April 12th, 2013, 16:36
Brilliant =)

Which part of the package belongs to what folder? Do i have to replace or delete any other _frames?

Insanity
April 13th, 2013, 17:37
All you would need to do is place the .ext file within the extensions folder under the FGII data folder. Then when you go to load your game, look for the extension name under the list of available extensions. You do not need to replace any images yourself, just use the extensions.

Frostgeneral
April 13th, 2013, 17:53
Hm, i place the ext. within the folder u told me. But if i want to create a new Campaign oder load my old one, i cant take one of them.
There r just the three 4E themes and one 3.5E theme, its the one everyone of us gets if he buys FGII without any ruleset =(
Are there any solutions for my Problem`?

Insanity
April 13th, 2013, 17:59
Might be an odd question but are you creating a CoC game?

The one I posted I made it exclusive for CoC only, so it would show under any other ruleset.

Frostgeneral
April 15th, 2013, 17:55
I'm using a german Translation for all the Skills created by the chaosium ruleset of Cthulhu

EDIT: I checked the name of my german ruleset: The folder is just named with Cthulhu, not CallofCthulhu ;)

Insanity
April 15th, 2013, 23:16
That may not matter, in the base.xml it will have a spot where it names the ruleset. The extension that can or can not have a spot where it says basically it belongs to this or that ruleset.

S Ferguson
April 21st, 2013, 19:35
Basically, in the base.xml it tells what "name" it will accept extensions, etc. from. Each module or adventure, then has a <ruleset)<name>"name"</name></ruleset>, code piece that tells the system which rulesets, the extension, etc, it will work for, and only for.