PDA

View Full Version : Savage Insider

Doswelk
April 4th, 2013, 01:12
The latest Savage Insider has a number of articles about "Tabletop Tech", they list a number of tools that can be used to digital prepare and run a session.

It also has a multi-page "advert" for Hero-lab showing how to create a PC using it. It also has a feature on Wild-Card creator (an app I am most looking forward to!)

I as read through it I got more and more convinced that Fantasy Grounds would get a good mention but no, (FGII is mentioned in the Wild-Card creator feature as it will allow you to create a character in it and export it to FGII).

Playing on-line is almost a single line and FGII is the only VTT mention (Skype and Google hangout being the other on-line examples given).

Obviously I am biased but I was disappointed to see no real mention of FGII.

zackspacks
April 4th, 2013, 20:25
Hmmm, that's a shame, considering how far advanced SW is on FGII, compared to, say the Call of Cthulhu playset.

S Ferguson
April 7th, 2013, 19:23
Hmmm, that's a shame, considering how far advanced SW is on FGII, compared to, say the Call of Cthulhu playset.

That's to keep them from summoning Cthuga. No I read through all the articles and it was amazing how little FG was mentioned. I'll have to write the editor, and have them preview FG in full. Actually, for a tech based mag, they spent very little space on actual Tech reviews.

Mgrancey
April 15th, 2013, 09:05
Anyone pickup Premium Insider and if so, what do you think of Mercenary Breed?

S Ferguson
April 17th, 2013, 04:25
Played the beta-version of it. It's really not that bad of a setting. I'm saving up for a shiny new version myself.