PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: Adventures in the Nentir Vale

zenile
April 1st, 2013, 01:41
Hi everyone...thanks for visiting my little corner of the internet.

I've been looking at converting several of the recent source material from 4th Edition back to 3rd Edition. In particular, I'm looking at starting a campaign which will be based on the Nentir Vale.

I would like for this game to be aimed at people who are new to FG2 and Dungeons and Dragons, who don't mind going through the few bumps and bruises that will come along with a new DM to the software. If the group runs well enough, then I will hope for the campaign to reach into the mid-teens.

A little about the campaign:

Nearly two hundred years ago, an elven wizard named Edeire Tharos travelled to the Nentir Vale. Tharos, a devout Excavator of Ioun, believed that he had uncovered the location of the Lost Library of Obed. These ruins, forgotten for centuries, contained a massive vault of tomes and manuals, maps, and other highly valuable books. Among the many rumored manuscripts thought to be held at the Library was the Graye Grimoire, a spellbook believed to have once been owned by Vecna, and thought to contain within its voluminous pages any spell that has ever been cast.

Tharos recruited a band of adventurers to help clear out the ruins and locate the Grimoire. As their excavation took them closer and closer to the Grimoire, the artifacts influence began to grab hold of Tharos and his companions, bending their will to suit its needs. Slowly, seeds of deceipt began to overcome the party. Vecna’s dark grasp ultimately caused the party to betray one another in a gruesome slaughter.

The Graye Grimoire is now just a forgotten book of legend. But power never sleeps.

I'm planning on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evening game starting at 8:30 pm CST (-6 GMT I believe) and gaming till about midnight cst (3 hours or so).

As for races and classes, I know there are several source books available for 3.5, but I am limiting all combinations to anything found in the Players Handbook only. Also, we will be using a standard array to generate ability scores:

15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 which can be assigned in any order you see fit.

I have an ultimate license, so you won't need to purchase any software unless you want to. If you're interested, reply here or send me a pm with your availability and class you'd like to play. Otherwise feel free to email me at my username @yahoo.com

KingofKlubs
April 1st, 2013, 14:17
Will characters be starting at level 1? What's the RP to combat ratio like for your game?

Paranoia
April 2nd, 2013, 01:18
Hello, I would be interested in joining... I would be available on Thursdays, and most saturdays at that time... Fridays are when I meet up with actual friends and play D&D. As for the actual time I can stay up as late as I wish and start almost as early as wished.

I am not new to the system, being a player of 3.5 for a few years now... But I am used to the bumps of introducing new players (Something my group has done numerous times). I know most of the system by heart and most importantly wont go about breaking it...

I do heavily enjoy the RP side of things, I tend to prefer a bit more RP than kick in the door but am fine to play either way. I've been thinking about playing a simple fighter to kind of... take a step back from the more advanced side of things. Anyways it's up to you if you'll have me along. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

DeusSpud
April 2nd, 2013, 01:57
Hi. After looking some things over, mostly Paranoia telling me about this, I'd also like to join. As for times I can join, I'm available pretty much whenever right now, and as for the system, I've played 3rd edition (along with 3.5) on and off for a little over 10 years now. Roleplaying is a rather high point for me, as I do greatly enjoy making Characters, not just another Pc.

I have been thinking about making a Paladin for a little bit, but I can also make a different class if needed.

zenile
April 2nd, 2013, 05:47
Hi guys and thanks for the interest. To answer a few questions, we will start at 1st level. As for role playing/combat mix, my games tend to be around 1/3 rap and 2/3 hack n slash. I'm sure that moves up and down depending on the group as well. If everyone is still interested send me a pm with your Skype address and I'll get a group started to discuss dates and times.

Paranoia
April 2nd, 2013, 06:30
Awesome. I sent a PM...

I'm planning to fill the Fighter role of the party.
Spud said he's interested in Paladin.

Lets get some more interested people in here.

frobozsky
April 2nd, 2013, 18:56
I am interested and willing to play whatever class might be needed. Zenile I sent you a PM under froboz because I couldn't get that account to reply thus I made this one.

Froboz

Pref: would enjoy playing a cleric.

Schmidtg7
April 3rd, 2013, 00:45
Yes I have 3.5 experience and would like to play a sorcerer or whatever if slots are available.
I don't have much Fantasy Grounds experience though.

JohnD
April 3rd, 2013, 01:52
Are you planning for a weekly game or something different? I'd love to actually play, probably a mage of some kind, but as always availability and family/work considerations are in play.

Either way, it's great to see you guys getting something organized. :)

Emerald_wind
April 3rd, 2013, 03:02
I'd be interested in playing a rogue type if there are still slots available.

zenile
April 3rd, 2013, 03:10
Are you planning for a weekly game or something different? I'd love to actually play, probably a mage of some kind, but as always availability and family/work considerations are in play.

Either way, it's great to see you guys getting something organized. :)

Great question. I was planning on a bi-weekly game. I know weekly games can be tougher for people with families so this way we can hopefully have a bit more continuity with the group.

zenile
April 3rd, 2013, 03:14
I am interested and willing to play whatever class might be needed. Zenile I sent you a PM under froboz because I couldn't get that account to reply thus I made this one.

Froboz

Pref: would enjoy playing a cleric.

Froboz - I got your pm but still need your skype address to add you to our group.

KingofKlubs
April 4th, 2013, 03:26
PM is away!!

NB: I intend to play a fluffy Monk

Raith
April 7th, 2013, 02:21
Is it too late to add 2 more to this game?

My friend, I believe his name here is denmiclaw, and I are brand new to Fantasy Grounds and are looking into a game.

He's interested in a Bard and I was thinking a Rogue.

Laconiclament
April 7th, 2013, 03:09
Any room left in this game?

Fnar777
April 7th, 2013, 15:41
Am I too late to join this campaign? Also it's 3.5e right? not pathfinder >.>