PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding 4E Parser (Monster Perception)

Cerowlol
March 31st, 2013, 04:21
Hey guys,

I am currently working with the 4E Parser to parse some custom monsters via txt-file. I read the documentation regarding the format, but I've got a little question.

If I enter a monster the way the Parser Documentation tells me to, the Perception Value appears in the Senses category in FG, but not in the Perception entry, so that I cannot roll its perception easily.
Example:
AC 15 Fortitude 15 Reflex 15 Will 15 Perception: 0
Speed 6 Perception +11

Source for that would be:

[...]
Initiative +12 Senses Perception +11
HP 50; Bloodied 25
AC 15, Fortitude 15, Reflex 15, Will 15
Speed 6
[...]

It doesn't change whether the creature actually has special senses or not. Is there an easy way to fix this? I realize I could just edit it manually in the db.xml, but I would like to avoid having to do this with every custom monster from now on ;)

Edit: As I was entering another creature I found out that it DOES work when you also add a Saving Throws bonus to the mix. I then tested a little further and it seems that you can eliminate this "bug" by adding Saving Throws +0 to every creature without a Saving Throws bonus. If there is a better way to fix this issue I would be still pleased to hear about it, as it does bother me a little that I have to add that line to every monster^^

adol
June 8th, 2013, 23:08
I've got the same problem !