PDA

View Full Version : Help. New GM

Isembard
March 30th, 2013, 18:57
Hi
I'm very keen to run a pulp campaign for FG2 and feel that Savage Worlds is the perfect system for me to do this.
I have run a number of FG2 games for Call of Cthulhu and BRP but have no experience, FG2 or tabletop, with Savage Worlds either as a player or GM.
I'm looking for any advice that experienced GMs may give or hopefully a GM who would be happy for me to sit in quietly on one of there games and see how they do it.
I love the look of the system and the many settings so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Doswelk
March 31st, 2013, 09:16
https://www.youtube.com/user/doswelk?feature=mhee

All my Savage Worlds Videos (it may help)

S Ferguson
March 31st, 2013, 19:38
If you can GM, CoC and BRP you basically do it the same way. Except at a more frenetic pace it seems. If you have the ruleset (which I'm assuming you do) Just read up on the rules, and ease into it, You might make a few mistakes, but as long as you correct them (or not - that's how "house rules" get made:) ) and don't penalize players for not knowing any better, you should be on your way to GMing SW.

If you're playing a pulp game, read a few (I always read before a game - it gets the creative juices flowing) you'd be surprised where it leads you. Otherwise in running SW, you just have to keep the action flowing. If there's an encounter, there's movement, and if there's movement there's action. That's the "Savage credo" so to speak,

Hope this helps. Oh, and watch Doswelk's videos, if anything for a rundown of the system, and a few laughs to boot. There's no one more Savage than him!:p

Doswelk
March 31st, 2013, 22:54
And if you want to watch a game in session 19:30 Tuesday BST (GMT+1) is when we play Necropolis.

That said current adventure is a murder mystery so a little less Savage than normal.

Isembard
April 1st, 2013, 06:01
Viewing a session would be ideal. I've sent you a message regarding this. Thanks

Mgrancey
April 1st, 2013, 13:38
Running deadlines and would offer to let you watch, but we've got lag problems already.

Isembard
April 2nd, 2013, 21:28
Cheers for letting me view your Necropolis game. I got quite a lot out of watching the combat. Being a Cthulhu player it's not something that crops up all that often. Thanks

S Ferguson
April 2nd, 2013, 23:00
Anytime. It's not normally combat oriented like this, but it does happen a lot in this setting.