PDA

View Full Version : 4-EX: Day of the Demon - April 2nd (Tuesday) 8pm US Eastern Daylight (GMT-4)

Trenloe
March 27th, 2013, 17:32
Tuesday April 2nd - Midnight GMT (8pm Eastern)
Duration: 5 hours. This will run at least 5 hours, so be prepared to play 5 hours!
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: fgts.servegame.com
Tier (level): 3-7 (subtiers 3-4 or 6-7).

Season 4 exclusive! Limited people can GM this scenario (until January 2014), I'll be running this a few times so don't worry if you can't play in the first few sessions...

This is a good scenario that has ties into other season 4 scenarios: "The Disappeared" and a little less into "The Blakros Matrimony". It can be challenging - my 3rd level Magus died mid-way through this scenario (don't worry - he got better), so bring well prepared PCs...

Players: To join sign up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1004 AND post to this thread your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet for this character. Your place is not confirmed until I get this information.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2013, 17:39
Blackfoot, Flower Power and lachancery's characters are on the old thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18447

You're signed up! :-)

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2013, 17:43
Shen gives us an arcane magic component so we seem to be pretty well rounded out.
Cool.

Malkavian_Andi
March 27th, 2013, 19:39
ok, I'll have time that day, too. Here's my character:

Malkavian_Andi
March 27th, 2013, 21:38
I just remembered I have also signed Kaburi up for a game this friday, so he might get an additional chronicle before tuesday.
But since he's at 10 XP that won't make any difference. I'll tell the GM of that scenario to be quick with the chronicles so I can post that chronicle here before tuesday.

Gwaihir Scout
March 29th, 2013, 03:58
Here's Shen Tan and his familiar. His most recent chronicle is actually #11, but that's from the Ambush in Absalom quest, so I didn't include it.

xaoslaad
March 30th, 2013, 23:26
I signed up but withdrew; looking at my work schedule for this week, it might be a little tough to ensure I can get there on time :cry:

/me is glad we're getting rid of our late shift rotations within the next couple weeks.

Trenloe
April 1st, 2013, 01:03
I see you've listed tricks for both Fang and Noir - thanks for that.

Please make sure you're familiar with using these tricks and handling your animals - more info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18412

As both of you have handle animal of at least +9 when handling your mount/animal companion you won't need to make rolls when asking them to perform their tricks (which is a free action for you). However, something other than a trick needs you to push the animal - a DC 25 handle animal check that is a move action. More info here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/skills/handleAnimal.html#_handle-animal

I notice that fang only has "attack" not "attack everything" so you may need to push him to attack certain creatures. Mind you, at 4th level you do have an extra bonus trick - so you may want to update your tricks for fang to include "attack everything"??

lachancery
April 1st, 2013, 06:32
@ Trenloe: would I be allowed to purchase a few more scrolls at the beginning of the session?

Trenloe
April 1st, 2013, 16:14
@ Trenloe: would I be allowed to purchase a few more scrolls at the beginning of the session?
sure - let me know the list so I can include them on the chronicle.

Blackfoot
April 2nd, 2013, 14:29
I see you've listed tricks for both Fang and Noir - thanks for that.

I notice that fang only has "attack" not "attack everything" so you may need to push him to attack certain creatures. Mind you, at 4th level you do have an extra bonus trick - so you may want to update your tricks for fang to include "attack everything"??
I had actually added that one to him at Level 4 but neglected to update it on his sheet. Thanks for catching that.

lachancery
April 2nd, 2013, 15:35
sure - let me know the list so I can include them on the chronicle.
Here are the scrolls I would like to purchase:

Lullaby (Bard/0)
Mending (Bard/0)
Charm Person (Bard/1)
Detect Secret Doors (Bard/1)
Disguise Self (Bard/1)
Grease (Bard/1)
Remove Fear (Bard/1)
Sleep (Bard/1)
Unseen Servant (Bard/1)

Detect Poison (Cleric/1)
Obscuring Mist (Cleric/1)
Protection from Evil (2 scrolls)(Cleric/1)

That's a total of 11 scrolls of level 1 and 2 scrolls of level 0 spells.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2013, 15:44
Here are the scrolls I would like to purchase:

<lots of things that can burn>

That's a total of 11 scrolls of level 1 and 2 scrolls of level 0 spells.
OK, cool. ;)

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2013, 15:45
I'm leaving the server up for the day - so anyone who is playing and wants to check their characters etc., can login and check it out. The server alias is in the game calendar entry.

lachancery
April 2nd, 2013, 18:40
LOL! Your little note "Lots of things that can burn" made me realize that I should look into fire proofing containers, so I went looking up scroll cases and found only the basic leather/wood version. Is there an improved (masterwork?) version of scroll cases that exist?

I also noticed that a scroll case can only contain 4 scrolls, so I'll have to invest into multiple cases or I'll have to take a full round action to retrieve my scrolls...

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2013, 19:31
Luckily scrolls are one of the last things to receive damage if you roll a 1 on a saving throw when that dragon breaths on you or a wizard fireballs you, etc.:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magic.html#saving-throw

The scroll would be 4th in line if you were holding it, 10th in line if not.

So, I think you're safe - no need for fireproof scroll cases.

Tinculin
April 2nd, 2013, 21:09
Sounds like a good scenario - is this likely to be run again on EU friendly hours (maybe a Sunday afternoon/early evening?).

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2013, 21:18
Sounds like a good scenario - is this likely to be run again on EU friendly hours (maybe a Sunday afternoon/early evening?).
Possibly/Probably...

Malkavian_Andi
April 2nd, 2013, 23:19
ok, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I played Kaburi in another scenario last friday, and now I finally got the chronicle sheet.
I'm sorry for the bad quality of the picture. I didn't have the time to scan, so I took a photo.
These are the important facts:
Chronicle #: 9
Final XP total: 11
Final Fame: 19
Current Prestige: 13
Gold: 3922

lachancery
April 3rd, 2013, 00:36
Heads up: there was a general failure in the subway system over here. I'm still trying to make me way home. I won't be able to join before 8:30. Start the game without me and I'll join up as soon as I can.

Malkavian_Andi
April 10th, 2013, 05:10
It was really fun, and it's good we didn't have to worry about ressurrection after all. ^^

Here's the data for my chronicle sheet:

Character Name: Kaburi
PFS-#: 42939-6
Faction: Osirion
Player: Andreas Forster

last chronicle #: 9
XP on last chronicle: 11
Prestige on last chronicle: 13
Fame on last chronicle: 19
Gold on last chronicle: 3922

Used items:
12 charges from my Wand of CLW

Purchases (both available through high fame):
Upgrade armor from +1 to +2 (3000)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000)

lachancery
April 10th, 2013, 14:13
A memorable scenario, that's for sure! Also a learning experience on a few fronts. I honestly thought we were going to TPK! Thanks for running it Trenloe.

Here's the information for MorQuesse's chronicle sheet:

Player Name: Yves
Character Name: MorQuesse
PFS ID: 59603-1
Faction: Osirion
Scenarion Chronicle #: 10
Starting XP: 7
Initial Fame: 13
Initial Prestige: 11
Initial Gold: 1,352
Day Job Roll: 23 (with +4 from boon)

Bought before scenario:

11 scrolls level 1, 2 scrolls level 0 (300 gp):

Lullaby (Bard/0)
Mending (Bard/0)
Charm Person (Bard/1)
Detect Secret Doors (Bard/1)
Disguise Self (Bard/1)
Grease (Bard/1)
Remove Fear (Bard/1)
Sleep (Bard/1)
Unseen Servant (Bard/1)

Detect Poison (Cleric/1)
Obscuring Mist (Cleric/1)
Protection from Evil (2 scrolls)(Cleric/1)

Bought during scenario:

2 scrolls endure elements (cleric/1) (50 gp)
1 scroll align weapon (cleric/2) (150 gp)
Silver scimitar (105 gp)

Consumed during scenario:

1 scroll endure elements
1 scroll detect secret doors
1 scroll detect evil
1 scroll obscuring mist
1 scroll align weapon
1 scroll charm person
1 scroll detect undead
1 scroll detect poison
1 scroll identify
35 charges on wand of cure light wounds
Crystalhue artisan boon from chronicle sheet #9 (attached)

lachancery
April 11th, 2013, 14:27
Oh, in the lists of learning moments, I understood in that final battle that tumbling (acrobatics) can be used to move through a threatened square, but it doesn't avoid the attack of opportunity from leaving a threatened from the start? Is there a feat that characters who want freedom of mobility during combat use to complement tumbling?

Malkavian_Andi
April 11th, 2013, 18:32
As long as we're talking about threatened spaces only (not occupied spaces), leaving the space is the only movement that provokes. (You can either move into or out of a space. "moving through" a space is just entering and leaving the space in the same round)
That said, it's clear that if the space you start your movement from is threatened, and you succeed in your Acrobatics check, you don't provoke for moving out of that space. (and of course not for any spaces you leave during that movement, either)

As for feats, I'd suggest feats that increase your Acrobatics checks, such as Skill Focus or Acrobatic. For taking 5-foot-steps, you could take Nimble Moves (which allows you to ignore 5 ft. of difficult terrain and therefore to take a 5-foot-step in difficult terrain).
On the other hand you can just go for Mobility, which increases your AC against attacks of opportunity you provoke by moving through threatened spaces.

I don't have any other feats for this purpose in mind at the moment, but I suppose there are some more that can be useful in some situations.

lachancery
April 11th, 2013, 20:34
Hmmm. I did tumble successfully in that last battle. I was leaving a square threatened by the demon dog, and it had an AoO on me. I moved past the girl (was positioning to make sure I would get an AoO if she tried to escape) and she didn't get an AoO on me from tumbling... Thus my question. Leaving the starting square, I provoked.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2013, 21:12
Hmmm. I did tumble successfully in that last battle. I was leaving a square threatened by the demon dog, and it had an AoO on me. I moved past the girl (was positioning to make sure I would get an AoO if she tried to escape) and she didn't get an AoO on me from tumbling... Thus my question. Leaving the starting square, I provoked.
You roll a single acrobatics checks that is compared against all of the threatening creatures CMD, +2 for each additional foe after the first. So you needed to beat the CMD+2 of the girl AND the hound. Your roll beat the girl's CMD+2, hence no AoO from her, but you didn't beat the hound - hence his AoO.

lachancery
April 11th, 2013, 23:03
Ah! That makes sense... I had misunderstood what made the first AoO happen. Thanks for explaining.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2013, 03:47
Hey folks, thanks for the looooong, game - glad you survived in the end.

Draft chronicle sheets:

Please review and check all of the info and calculations are correct. When you confirm all is OK, I will release signed, non watermarked copies.

Cheers!

Gwaihir Scout
April 12th, 2013, 04:36
My character information isn't there (41341-5, Lantern Lodge), and I think I made a couple of minor purchases on the Notes tab of my FG sheet. Also, this is chronicle 12 for Shen Tan.

Would you mind exporting my character XML for me, please?

lachancery
April 12th, 2013, 04:42
My character information isn't there (41341-5, Lantern Lodge), and I think I made a couple of minor purchases on the Notes tab of my FG sheet. Also, this is chronicle 12 for Shen Tan.

Would you mind exporting my character XML for me, please?
Unless you deleted the cache files, you have access to the last saved character sheet from the Manage Characters option; select the "PFS 4EX - Day of the Demon" campaign in the bottom section and hit Start.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2013, 04:49
I'm working away from home at the moment so I don't have access to the campaign and so can't see anything in the PC notes. I'll update when I get home on the weekend. Or, if you can access your PC via manage characters you could let me know please?

I've updated the chronicle to #12 and put your PC info in. Just let me know the purchases and I can give you another draft copy to review.

Thanks.

Gwaihir Scout
April 12th, 2013, 04:59
Unless you deleted the cache files, you have access to the last saved character sheet from the Manage Characters option; select the "PFS 4EX - Day of the Demon" campaign in the bottom section and hit Start.

Huh, how about that? Yes, I normally do get rid of the cache files.

OK, here's what I bought:
Silver bolts x10 (3 gp)
Cold iron bolts x10 (2 gp)
Scroll of Endure Elemnets (25 gp)
Cold Weather Gear (8 gp)

Malkavian_Andi
April 12th, 2013, 09:28
Please review and check all of the info and calculations are correct.All correct for Kaburi's chronicle :)

Blackfoot
April 12th, 2013, 18:55
Dowrimple's Chronicle Purchases:
Cloak of Resistance +1 : 1000gp
Masterwork Silver Heavy Flail : 495gp
Masterwork Buckler : 155gp
Cold Weather Gear : 8gp

Thea's Chronicle Purchases:
20 cold iron arrows : 2gp
20 blunt arrows : 2gp
Weapon Blanch (silver) : 5gp

Hrm.. HeroLab seems to do the price for Silver Arrows incorrectly... I 'think' Blunt Silver Arrows are 4 per 20... (2gp+2gp) is this right?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2013, 06:00
Hrm.. HeroLab seems to do the price for Silver Arrows incorrectly... I 'think' Blunt Silver Arrows are 4 per 20... (2gp+2gp) is this right?
Nope, it's +2gp per item for alchemical silver ammunition. So, Hero Lab is right with +2gp per arrow. 20 blunt silver arrows would be 42gp.

Blackfoot
April 13th, 2013, 06:05
Are you certain? An Arrowhead is roughly the size of a silver piece... that seems somewhat unbalanced as far as the economic value of rare metals. (I had originally figured it with 50 arrows for 105gp until I saw Gwaihir's calculation which made much more sense. Hrm.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2013, 06:32
Are you certain? An Arrowhead is roughly the size of a silver piece... that seems somewhat unbalanced as far as the economic value of rare metals. (I had originally figured it with 50 arrows for 105gp until I saw Gwaihir's calculation which made much more sense. Hrm.
Ultimate equipment says "ammunition: +2gp per item" so it is +2gp per arrow, sling stone, bolt, dart, etc.

Blackfoot
April 13th, 2013, 06:38
Ah.. cool.. cuz it doesn't seem very clear in the core. I guess the alchemical bonding process makes them pricey.

Blackfoot
April 13th, 2013, 06:48
Maybe it would be better for her to buy a silver weapon blanch for 5gp instead.

Thea's Purchases:
20 cold iron arrows : 2gp
20 blunt arrows : 2gp
Weapon Blanch (silver) : 5gp

lachancery
April 13th, 2013, 14:52
Oh, and yes, my chronicle sheet is correct. Will I also need a "reprint" of the boon chronicle sheet I received to mark it off, or it's just processed via the consumed section on this one?

Gwaihir Scout
April 13th, 2013, 15:04
Ultimate equipment says "ammunition: +2gp per item" so it is +2gp per arrow, sling stone, bolt, dart, etc.

I figured since you what you are actually buying was a quiver with 10 bolts or 20 arrows, it was the single quiver that was use for the calculation.

If it's going to be 21 gp for the silver bolts, I won't be getting them right now.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2013, 16:13
I figured since you what you are actually buying was a quiver with 10 bolts or 20 arrows, it was the single quiver that was use for the calculation.

If it's going to be 21 gp for the silver bolts, I won't be getting them right now.
I'm afraid its per missle. If you look at adamantine in the core rulebook it says "+60gp per missle" and in enhanced equipment it says "+60gp per item". So, "per item" is the same as "per missile".

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/armsAndArmor/materials.html

Trenloe
April 14th, 2013, 03:18
Oh, and yes, my chronicle sheet is correct. Will I also need a "reprint" of the boon chronicle sheet I received to mark it off, or it's just processed via the consumed section on this one?
Here's a copy with the used boon crossed off:

Trenloe
April 14th, 2013, 03:19
Here are the final sheets - thanks for playing! :)

Blackfoot
April 14th, 2013, 12:52
Thanks for running!

Gwaihir Scout
April 14th, 2013, 15:34
Looks good. Thanks.