PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else running AD&D 2nd Edition in FG?

Mistindantacles
March 25th, 2013, 18:12
And if so, how are you using the Character Sheets?

I have multiple games going with some friends of mine, and since there is no 2nd ed Ruleset, we're adapting the pre-loaded 3.5 to "meet" our needs. Suffice it to say, it's clunky at best.

So if you *are* running a 2nd ed game, how are you using the character sheets?

psicodelix
March 26th, 2013, 07:24
In fact there is an ADD 2nd edition ruleset. You can download it from here:

https://archiroleros.com/foro/downloads/?sa=view;down=89

Enjoy ;)

Mistindantacles
March 26th, 2013, 12:19
You, sir, are my new hero! :)

psicodelix
March 26th, 2013, 21:12
you're welcome :)

JohnD
March 27th, 2013, 02:05
Are there any of the source books available with this rule set? How do you add memorized spells? Looks interesting.

Mistindantacles
March 27th, 2013, 12:03
I am not sure if this is the place to ask thisk, but since the thread is already started regarding this Rule Set -

I dled the Ruleset. It's a zip fle with a single folder. But I cannot find what folder to plop it into in the Application Data Folder. I thought I read somewhere or saw some video tutorial that you put it in the extensions folder, but it still does not show when I try to create a new campaign from the client launch screen.

So ... where do I put the file?

JohnD
March 27th, 2013, 16:04
Put the ADD2 folder in the rulesets folder.

Mistindantacles
March 27th, 2013, 16:18
You would think it's that easy.

I don't see a rulesets folder.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2013, 17:51
You would think it's that easy.

I don't see a rulesets folder.
It should be in the Fantasy Grounds Application Data folder - where the extensions, modules, etc. directories are. If it's not there, just create it: rulesets

Mistindantacles
March 27th, 2013, 18:29
I figured that's where it should be be, but none is visible.

What's interesting, is that when I go to Create Campaign in the client, it lists the different rulesets the dl came with - 3.5 and 4.

I'll give it a go this evening.

Thanks for the help, gents.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2013, 18:40
What's interesting, is that when I go to Create Campaign in the client, it lists the different rulesets the dl came with - 3.5 and 4.
Those rulesets (3.5E and 4E) are packaged differently as a single .PAK file per ruleset and are located in the base installation folder, not the application data folder. As the ADD2 ruleset is a zipped folder, it has to go in the <FG App Data Directory>\rulesets folder.

Confusing, I know, but hope that makes a little bit of sense and you can get it working when you try later. I've downloaded it and it looks good. :-)

Mistindantacles
March 27th, 2013, 19:12
Screenies for it look wonderful. Definitely looking forward to digging into it!

Your explanation does make sense. And I could see why the devs would package it like that ... it's not how *I* would have done it, but it's not my app.

I'll give it a go this evening.

Now ... if oly I could duck out of work with no one noticing...

leozelig
March 28th, 2013, 04:30
You need to create the rulesets folder it sounds like. It doesn't seem like that would work, but it does. You might consider downloading the OSRIC ruleset also. It is definitely useable as a 2nd edition ruleset if needed.

I believe that ADD ruleset is the one I threw together a few years ago. I wanted it for some 1st edition games, but I know very little about building rulesets, so it was insanely buggy. I piggy-backed it on the d20 ruleset, so the NPC fields still have BAB fields, and there is almost no automation. It looks like it has been cleaned up a bit since I last touched it... Very cool!

By the way, I noticed in the screenshot that the character's strength is 15 with 'Exc Str' of 8... That was meant to indicate exceptional strength, the percentage after the 18/xx for fighter-types. Interesting... :)

psicodelix
March 28th, 2013, 12:15
Are there any of the source books available with this rule set? How do you add memorized spells? Looks interesting.

Nope, there is no source books right now.

To add spells you have to add a class to the character. Then in the spells tab under the class add the number of spells per level, and right click in each level to create spells. With left click you can show/hide the spells per level.

JohnD
March 28th, 2013, 13:43
Hoo... a lot of extra work. Amazing how quickly I've become accustomed to the automation in the other rule sets.

Mistindantacles
March 28th, 2013, 16:46
Thanks for the feedback, gents. Have installed it and created a new campaign for it. Much obliged!!

The ruleset is under the assumption you have access to the tables and charts. What I like about the manual input for the modifiers is that it easily allows for House Rules.

I am most pleased! Thanks again!!