PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 Player for AD&D White Plume Mountain (Wed 8:30 pm EDT/GMT -4)

leozelig
March 25th, 2013, 01:49
Gamers,

We have an open seat at the table for White Plume Mountain if anyone is interested. This is run using AD&D 1st Edition rules (with the OSRIC ruleset), and I have an ultimate license. Details...

Day/Time: Wednesdays 8:30 pm EDT/GMT -4
Duration: 3 to 3-1/2 hours
Source Material: AD&D 1st Edition Players Handbook or OSRIC
Play Style: Balanced combat/roleplay
Starting XP: 70,001 (Level 6-8, depending on class)
Current Party: 5 players, 6 PCs (Ftr, Ftr, Pal, Clr, Thf/Ill, and MU)
Voice Chat: Ventrilo

Right now, the first game is planned for Apr 10. We have played several modules together as a group. I am looking for someone who will stay for the entire module (at least), which should be around 3-4 sessions depending on how cautiously you move through the mountain. You should be somewhat familiar with the old school rules, but we will help you along the way if necessary.

Post here or PM me if interested!

Mistindantacles
March 25th, 2013, 19:11
Having grown up playing First Edition, and still enjoy it, this is something I would be interested if it is indeed a short-term "one-off" or limited story arc.

Let me double check my availability!

leozelig
March 26th, 2013, 01:47
You can definitely treat this as a standalone adventure. The module isn't very long, so the commitment would not be excessive.

Mistindantacles
March 26th, 2013, 15:03
OK. I am good to go. I am sure we can coordinate character creation ahead of time, unless you want to wait until 04.10.

And I am good playing any class; just let me know what I should plan on!

Finally, let me know if there are any House Rules I should be aware of ahead of time.

leozelig
March 26th, 2013, 21:49
Ok, looks like the seat is taken!

I will send you an invite, Mistindantacles. I use the calendar page to coordinate our games, which should link at the top of your community page once you are invited. A description of house rules can be found there.

For character creation at higher levels, I use Appendix P in the DMG (p. 225). I will roll for magic items once you decide on a class. Rolling ability scores at the table is fun, but for the sake of convenience, not necessary.

We have all of the basic classes covered, so you can really play anything. An evil character would not be compatible with the paladin, so assassin is out. A multiclass character should distribute the starting XP (70,001) evenly among classes.

Let me know if you have any questions, either here or on the group (calendar) page!

Leo

Mistindantacles
March 26th, 2013, 22:06
Already have a lsit of questions, but will save those for the calendar. Or PM. Which ever I happen to ge to first.

Thanks, Leo.

leozelig
March 26th, 2013, 22:22
Either one works for me - depends on the length of that list :)

I will keep an eye out for those. First session is April 10.

Mistindantacles
March 27th, 2013, 02:11
List of Questions sent via PM.