PDA

View Full Version : A question about map/image scaling.

Obscured
March 24th, 2013, 21:38
Okay, if this is something obvious, I apologize for asking, but...

I find two maps I want to use, that are about the same resolution, and load them into my images folder. Start up the campaign.

Map #1 appears fine.

Map #2 loads "zoomed in", such that it takes up more than the entire screen, and will not, no matter what I try, zoom out enough that grab the edges and resize it. Zoom out as much as I can, still leaves me with only about 1/4 of the map on the screen.

I am confused, as both maps are near enough to the same resolution.

Any clues?

Trenloe
March 24th, 2013, 21:47
I don't know why the 2nd map would appear so large - unless this image is using an id reference within the campaign for a previous image that has since been replaced with this new image. FG will remember size settings for its previous images and could apply these settings if an image was replaced with a new image.

Now, your problem of being unable to resize image #2: press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and left-click-and-drag within the image - the best way to do this is left-click (while holding the CTRL key) at the bottom right of the image you can see and then drag up to the top left. You may not see anything happen (as the image borders are still off the screen) but do this a few times and you'll see the borders of the image appear.

Another way to do it is left-click-and-drag (CTRL not being held) to move the image within FG until you can see an edge - then click on the edge to resize. You'll have to do this a few times before you have the image fully within view. Then zoom out to see the whole image within the newly resized image frame.

Obscured
March 24th, 2013, 21:54
Thanks.... this wasn't a replacement for a previous image, it was brand-new. I was eventually able to get the bottom right corner of the image pane onto the screen, and resize it in several steps of moving the pane, resizing, moving the pane, until I finally had the entire pane on the screen.

Once that was done, I could resize it down until the whole image was visible.

Odd.

Griogre
March 26th, 2013, 19:53
What Trenloe was saying is that even a "new" map can have the problem if it replaces the listing of an old map, by duplicating the name. If this is the problem you can always solve it by deleting the CampaignRegistry.lua file in the campaign folder if you end up replacing a lot of maps. For just a few maps its usually easier to just resize them as he explained with Ctrl Drag.

This thing comes up more often than you would expect because most GM's are pretty consistent in their map names so if they change or update a map of an adventure they tend to give it the same file name.