PDA

View Full Version : FGII Installation

MrSavaroth
March 23rd, 2013, 17:02
Hello,

I have a small question; my own laptop crashed 2 days ago, and it had my FGII installation on it. Unfortunately, I have to use a replacement laptop for the time being, because I had to bring mine back to the store. (6 - 8 weeks they told me..) Now my question is, am I allowed to install my FGII license onto this laptop? I have an ultimate license and I don't want to put our campaign on hold.

Kind regards

Griogre
March 23rd, 2013, 18:42
Hello,

I have a small question; my own laptop crashed 2 days ago, and it had my FGII installation on it. Unfortunately, I have to use a replacement laptop for the time being, because I had to bring mine back to the store. (6 - 8 weeks they told me..) Now my question is, am I allowed to install my FGII license onto this laptop? I have an ultimate license and I don't want to put our campaign on hold.

Kind regards

I think you will be OK. The developers have stated they don't have a problem with using FG on a laptop to work on your campaign and actually running the game on a desktop as long as you don't run FG on both computers at once. The FAQ is below:

Can I run the software on two computers with one license (i.e. laptop and desktop)?

The EULA states that you have a license to use one copy of the software on any one system and that the license is not transferable to any other system. In other words you are not allowed to install the software on several computers. The software itself cannot tell what computer it is running on and as long as no two players in a game are using the same license, the software will assume the above to be true.

MrSavaroth
March 23rd, 2013, 18:57
Thank you for the response, very much appreciate it!