PDA

View Full Version : Skill Die Rolls + (Wound) Modifiers

Dinelli
March 21st, 2013, 12:27
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered before - I am new here and I have done a brief search through the forum to see if my question has been asked before and can't find anything.

I want to know if there's any automatic way of applying wound modifiers to skill rolls. My thought was that this would be automatic to begin with (are there any situations where you *don't* apply wounds to a skill roll?).

Similarly, the +2 Joker bonus doesn't appear to be applied automatically either.

Does anyone have any tips on how to streamline the application of these common modifiers?

Secondly, I note it's possible to generate your own skills that have pre-determined modifiers, but when you roll these skills, you don't get the "Sum" result displayed in the chat window (although you can fix each individual roll with R-click + Sum). Is there something I can do to get it to automatically calculate the sum?

Many thanks!

Doswelk
March 21st, 2013, 13:22
Hello

Look for Ikael's swif extension it adds a number of useful functions to the rule set

It doesn't do the joker bonus but all I do there is get all players (GM included) to drag the '2' that is shown on the chat window when a joker is dealt to a shortcut key then all they need to do when they want to add the joker bonus is press the shortcut key.

S Ferguson
March 21st, 2013, 17:09
Yep. Ikael's extension provides the adjustments you're looking for. And probably a lot more that you were not. It's *all* highly useful, though.:D

phantomwhale
March 22nd, 2013, 00:03
And it's currently being (mostly) integrated into the core ruleset - so using it now is really just getting to grips with SW 3.4 ahead of time !

Dinelli
March 27th, 2013, 13:28
Tried this out last night. Gets the thumbs up from our crew - thanks Ikael!

chillybilly
March 27th, 2013, 14:01
You probably discovered this already but it's too useful not to know.

There are tiny star outlines next to attacks and skills. If you highlight these then click the "mini" and then click the "mini" that's on the first mini, the attacks and skills appear. The new box can actually be snapped to the bottom of the original mini and it makes for an amazingly customizable mini-sheet. This saves a ton of screen space for players with smaller monitors.

Ikael
March 27th, 2013, 14:23
You probably discovered this already but it's too useful not to know.

There are tiny star outlines next to attacks and skills. If you highlight these then click the "mini" and then click the "mini" that's on the first mini, the attacks and skills appear. The new box can actually be snapped to the bottom of the original mini and it makes for an amazingly customizable mini-sheet. This saves a ton of screen space for players with smaller monitors.

I also liked that snapper feature, which was taken from old d20 ruleset. Unfortunately I have discovered issues with it and seems like it's not more fully supported by current FGII version. Overall it works well but it can go to absurd state which will invoke zillion errors and that's not nice. Because of this I am unfortunate to tell that I have removed it from next SWFI version, but if I someday have some passions for it again, I might check if it could be updated to be compatible. But it's not high in my prioritylist

chillybilly
March 27th, 2013, 14:27
If it's causing problems, it's not worth spending hours trying to correct. Most players (in my experience) put their mini in one place and never move it during the whole session so it's not a big deal. Just having a small mini that can be what ever each of my PCs wants is fantastic. Some of my guys play on small monitors and space is a premium.

S Ferguson
March 27th, 2013, 14:48
To tell you the truth I don't use mini's either as a player or GM. So put it lower on the list than templates.:)

Ikael
April 2nd, 2013, 00:57
If it's causing problems, it's not worth spending hours trying to correct. Most players (in my experience) put their mini in one place and never move it during the whole session so it's not a big deal. Just having a small mini that can be what ever each of my PCs wants is fantastic. Some of my guys play on small monitors and space is a premium.

Just checked that problem and it was caused because of one line was missing! Added two lines and we're fine to continue with the snapper feature :)