PDA

View Full Version : [4e] War of the Burning Sky

Starcrawler
March 21st, 2013, 03:33
FG License: Full License so you require at least a lite license to play.
Game System: D&D 4e

Time Zone: GMT (BST)
Day of week and time: Thursdays (Friday) starting at 00:00 GMT (01:00 BST) / 8:00 PM EST/ 7:00 PM Central
Frequency: Weekly 3 hours each session
Term: Long term (Full Level 1-30)

Text or Voice:
Voice for OOC only (No role-playing over voice)
Text for all role-playing and OOC if you can't use voice.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Good mix of role-play and Combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 players looking for 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Players start at level 5.
Character restrictions: Everything is allowed. However if you take something from the dragon magazine please provide me with a reference to the magazine used.

As the new year turns, the weather takes a sudden chill turn, and the sky darkens as the grip of winter intensifies. Worry rises as regular channels of communication between nations cease like a candle suddenly snuffed. Slowly, throughout the lands claimed by the Ragesian Empire, rumors spread between isolated villages, traveling by foot and horse and word of mouth -- rumors that Drakus Coaltongue, the immortal emperor whose armies conquered every land he set his gaze upon, has fallen in a distant land to the west. How the tyrant was defeated is unknown, but if it is true, everyone knows that a war is coming. The generals of Emperor Coaltongue will strike for control, oppressed peoples will rise up in rebellion, and dangers once held in check only by fear of the mighty warlord will bring doom to the world.

Those in power are preparing for the coming conflict, readying fervent armies and powerful weapons and subtle, deceptive plots, but two questions burn in their minds: who killed the seemingly-immortal Emperor Coaltongue; and what has become of the artifact that would let a man rule the world? Who has the Torch of the Burning Sky?

If you are interested or have any questions you can post in here, or PM me.
Game Calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1007)

Starcrawler
March 21st, 2013, 20:37
We currently have 3 definite players with 2 others who are Interested and still contemplating, I currently have 1 Defender, 2 strikers and still need a controller and leader.

I have also decided to stretch to a maximum of 6 players if I need too. But I am looking mostly for 5.

Starcrawler
March 22nd, 2013, 03:01
I now have 5 players and have stopped accepting people.

If you are still interested, however, shoot me a PM and if later down the road someone drops, you'll be one of the first people I contact for replacement.

Starcrawler
April 16th, 2013, 03:12
I am currently in need of a replacement as one of our players had had to drop out due to work and scheduling conflicts.

He was playing a Leader and that leaves us leaderless. If anyone would like to fill that role then please PM me, the next session is this thursday and if you would like to sit in during the session to get a feel of things then you're more then welcome to do so.

Umbralord13
April 17th, 2013, 15:22
Definitely interested although the time you are planning to do it makes it pretty difficult for most people to attend. If you ever reschedule it to a different time I would love to receive notification about it as otherwise the campaign definitely sounds fun.

Starcrawler
April 17th, 2013, 17:53
Unfortunately I cannot reschedule it as the game has already been going on for a few weeks now, we have however changed the time of starting to Half an Hour later (I think I forgot to state this) meaning it starts at 11:30 GMT/7:30 EST/6:30 Central.

Umbralord13
April 17th, 2013, 18:09
Sorry to hear that... Well good luck with your campaign regardless hopefully you find a couple of players who can make it at that time~

Trenloe
April 17th, 2013, 18:17
Sorry to hear that... Well good luck with your campaign regardless hopefully you find a couple of players who can make it at that time~
Just an FYI - it may want to mention which timezone you're in. This game is running at 7:30pm Eastern US time which is probably, overall, the most common time games on Fantasy Grounds are played (evening US Eastern) - so I think that there won't be a problem finding players for this game... :)

Umbralord13
April 17th, 2013, 18:53
I thought he meant 7:30 am if it is pm then I can certainly make it and I know a couple others who likely could as well and who would be interested.

Starcrawler
April 17th, 2013, 20:31
Yeah sorry for not clarifying that (Although it does say 23:30 GMT in the main post).

I currently have someone who is interested in taking over as the leader, but if that doesn't work out, or we should require a replacement in the future, then I shall contact you since you're interested :).

Starcrawler
May 2nd, 2013, 16:21
We are in need of another replacement, our defender has had to leave for personal reasons. Also, the start time has changed again, back to it's original start time of 11:00 PM GMT (Meaning 7:00 PM EST)

Please read the first post as it contains all the information you need. If you wish to replace into the game then please either post here or PM me.

Emerald_wind
May 2nd, 2013, 16:37
I'd definitely be interested in joining.

JohnD
May 2nd, 2013, 18:28
Is this the same group as the other discussion thread with almost the same title?

Starcrawler
May 2nd, 2013, 18:42
No, this is a completely different group.

JohnD
May 2nd, 2013, 19:10
Oh, wow... that's great! :)

Starcrawler
June 14th, 2013, 03:18
Indeed :)

Anyway, we are in need of yet another replacement, our controller has had to leave us, as such we are in need of replacement. We are currently 3/4's of the way through the first module and the new player will start at level 3. All the information you should need is in the first post. Please shoot me a PM or post here if you're interested.

A replacement has been found.

Kalishnikov
June 14th, 2013, 16:29
Hi Starcrawler. I would be interested in joining. I sent you a PM with the details.

Starcrawler
August 26th, 2013, 16:05
Unfortunately one of our players has again had to leave, as such we are in need of another replacement for our controller. Currently we are level 4 and are part way into the second module. If you are interested please make sure you have read the first post for all information, and then shoot me a PM or post here. Thanks :)

Gharbad
August 26th, 2013, 19:35
PM Sent~

Gharbad
August 27th, 2013, 00:06
Hey, Starcrawler, I need you to clear out your PMs, I can't send you any more until you do.

Starcrawler
October 8th, 2013, 14:28
We have a new space open for either a controller or a leader, it's up to you which one you decide to go with. If you're interested please reply to this post or send me a PM. Please make sure you read the main post as it has all the information.

Starcrawler
October 12th, 2013, 16:34
Just a reminder, we still have one place open in this campaign. For either a Controller role or a leader role. We are currently into the second module and the party are currently level 5. Please PM me or post if you're interested.

Starcrawler
October 16th, 2013, 22:13
Yet another place has opened up, however we have decided to make the game start time an hour later, making it start at 8:00 PM Eastern time and 7 PM Central (12:00 AM GMT although once the clocks go back it'll be 1:00 AM GMT). This means we have two spaces open for a Striker, Controller or Leader (We have two defenders, one of which may be swapping to the role that we need once we have finished the second module).

We are currently about 1/2 of the way through the second module, travelling through a forest that is eternally on fire and you will start at level 5. All information you need is in the first post.

If you are interested, or want any information, please reply or send me a PM.

CrazyYodler
January 28th, 2014, 01:41
will post a character when I finish up at work, will spend some time thinking of ways that could easily incorporate him in the story as well. Cheers guys ;) Look forward to a post later in the evening, possibly tomorrow.

Uncle Bupkis
January 29th, 2014, 20:22
Just posting here to confirm interest, also since apparently the PM box is full. I can send any relevant information via that medium whenever convenient.