PDA

View Full Version : Pin Titles

mattcolville
March 19th, 2013, 07:18
You know how you can hold down control, drag a link onto a map, and create a little push-pin on the map?

And then later, you can hold down control while looking at the map and see all the pins?

Is there a way to see the titles of the pin links without having to hover over each one of them? I use these things all the time and for maps of towns, with locations of all the NPCs, it's a pain in the *** to hover over each one looking for the "blacksmith."

Doswelk
March 19th, 2013, 09:52
Right mouse button on map, select Layers, then select shortcuts.

mattcolville
March 19th, 2013, 18:32
Ok, I did that, it appears that it just shows me all the shortcuts on the map. Same as holding down the control key does.

What I'm looking for, or suggesting as a feature, is that I can see all the shortcuts on the map *with* their titles or names or whatever displayed above them all at the same time.

So I could just look at the map and see "Oh, there's the blacksmith" instead of having to hover over each shortcut one at a time, looking for the right one.

Zeus
March 19th, 2013, 19:44
At the moment titles are implemented as ToolTips, hence why they are displayed only if you hover over a pin. I believe what your asking for are labels that are always displayed. This is not currently supported (as far ask I am aware) but I like the idea of having labels and perhaps a legend/key as well.

I am currently working on 5E and will add the feature request to my to do list. If it works well, the code can be back-ported to other existing rulesets. In the interim, you can do what I do, create some labels as tokens and place them in the tokens/host folder. Then you can use a combination of a token label for the always visible information and the Pins for linking to other sheets etc. The added bonus of this approach is that you can choose to reveal individual token labels on a case by case basis.

Doswelk
March 20th, 2013, 01:20
Ok, I did that, it appears that it just shows me all the shortcuts on the map. Same as holding down the control key does.

What I'm looking for, or suggesting as a feature, is that I can see all the shortcuts on the map *with* their titles or names or whatever displayed above them all at the same time.

So I could just look at the map and see "Oh, there's the blacksmith" instead of having to hover over each shortcut one at a time, looking for the right one.

AH! right sorry did not read your post properly :o