PDA

View Full Version : Why no printing functionality?

daddystabz
March 19th, 2013, 04:14
I am playing in a Deadlands campaign and we are seasoned characters. I would really love to have the ability to print my character sheet since I've accrued so much now but there is currently no functionality for that.

Does anyone know if FG II will ever allow me to print my character sheet?

JohnD
March 19th, 2013, 04:36
You could always take screenshots and print those... but I understand why printing capability would be preferred.

daddystabz
March 19th, 2013, 04:54
That is exactly what I did a bit ago tonight actually. I'd just like actual functionality for it eventually.

You could always take screenshots and print those... but I understand why printing capability would be preferred.

joeru
March 19th, 2013, 09:16
I suppose the problem with printing your character sheet is that ruleset designers would have to define how it prints, especially when it's a small sheet divided into several tabs. There's more than enough work in designing a ruleset already.

Valarian
March 19th, 2013, 09:50
It is possible with XSL translation of the information in the db.xml file, but having a way to call the character sheet XSL (if defined) from inside the tool would be nice. I understand that file manipulation is extremely limited though, to prevent abuse. A way to format the output in PDF form would be very nice (HTML to PDF libraries?).

[edit - add reference]
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65184#post65184