PDA

View Full Version : Story Template Module

ShaneB
March 19th, 2013, 03:57
Greetings Armory

I was looking at whether I could create a story "template" module that I could use as a basis for the story entries for all the modules that I write within FG2.

What I have done is the following:

1. Created Template Story Entries - Tick
2. Exported the Module, called it template, selected 'Story' items and set them to 'H' - Tick
3. Created a new campaign, opened the Template module and saw the Template Story items - Tick
4. Edited Story items - Tick
5. Export Module, selecting Story and 'H' for the story items - Tick
6. Create a new campaign and opened the 'Test' module exported in step 5. - Tick
7. Saw the Story entries - Fail

Is FG2 not capable of doing what I am attempting? I know I can copy and paste the text from one story entry to another, but it loses all the formatting of the text.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2013, 05:12
Modules are read only within a campaign - the campaign references the data in a module but it does not bring that data into the campaign database. When you use the /export command to create a module it will only use the data within the campaign database - hence you are not seeing your template module being exported as the data it contains is not in the campaign database.

I'm not aware of a way of taking story data from a module into the campaign within Fantasy Grounds. You can manually edit the db.xml campaign database file outside of Fantasy Grounds but this is easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing.