PDA

View Full Version : War of the Dead - NEW RECRUITMENT THREAD!

daddystabz
March 13th, 2013, 22:19
Seeking 4-5 players for a War of the Dead campaign. You must have at least a player license as I have a normal GM license. I am seeking committed players who will show up to games and stay with the campaign.

As for day of the week and time we will work that out once we see who all is interested so that we can try to accommodate as many as we can.

Who all is interested in playing through this entire epic zombie apocalypse campaign?

daddystabz
March 14th, 2013, 02:29
I already have one player from our Monday night Deadlands FG group so I'd like to get another 4 or so committed players. I've already received a few PMs about this.

Please state here if you are interested in playing and your availability.

daddystabz
March 14th, 2013, 23:06
How about Fridays at either 8 or 9 pm eastern for the time?

Virtuous Dweller
March 18th, 2013, 08:16
I would love to get a chance to play some savage worlds. I'm a dedicated roleplayer with 30+ years experience in RPing. I'm new to Savage Worlds as far as being a player, however I'm trying my hand at GMing (currently running a Hellfrost campaign for my wife and kids).

My availability is what makes it difficult to play. I work every other Friday (the 15th being my off Friday) and the graveyard shift to boot. So next Friday (22nd) I work then the 29th I'm off etc...

So if you would have me and the rest of the members are good with doing a bi-weekly game then I'm in.

grimm182
March 19th, 2013, 17:54
I would be interested in joining, but my time frame is eastern-tz on Sunday nights...Fridays would only work for me every so often.

Halon
March 19th, 2013, 20:51
I am interested in epic zombie-ness. I am new to the savage worlds setting, but I have played a variety of other systems, so I do not think I will have to much trouble getting familiar with Savage Worlds. I am available at 8pm or 9pm Eastern Time on Fridays, or any other weekday.

daddystabz
March 20th, 2013, 05:58
What is the best day and time range for you all? Do you want to do a weekly game or bi-weekly?

grimm182
March 20th, 2013, 14:25
I prefer weekly games...but would still be interested in the bi-weekly.
Currently my best nights for this would be Sunday 7pm est.(Florida)
But with some juggling i could also do 8pm est. Mon-Thu.

jasonthelamb
March 21st, 2013, 00:21
My fridays just changed for the better, as I am now available for later times...

I would prefer a weekly game, instead of every other week.

grimm182
March 30th, 2013, 00:49
Any updates on this? :)

daddystabz
March 30th, 2013, 18:37
Yes. I'm still gathering how many people we have and getting things together. I'm also trying to get the cash together really fast to upgrade my license from a full license to an ultimate so we can accommodate as many as we can.

andrew279
April 1st, 2013, 00:42
i'll play if your still looking for people

daddystabz
April 4th, 2013, 18:36
I'm upgrading my license for FG to ultimate today so you will no longer need to have a player's license to play.

Now ANYONE can play. All you will need to do is download the free demo version and you can connect to me and play for free and have the full features!

Who all was interested? I am going to be getting this underway soon.

daddystabz
April 5th, 2013, 02:17
Ok. I now have my ultimate license so anyone can play in the campaign just by using the free demo. You do not have to have a license of any kind to play.

I am now grabbing the players that are interested and getting this baby ready to start.

Please PM me the following: Your name, email address, Skype username and your availability (what day/days you can play and times).

We will set a day/time to accommodate as many people as we can.

daddystabz
April 8th, 2013, 11:19
UPDATE: I am compiling the players list and getting things together. I will create an email list soon and communicate possible day/time through there.

I also had another idea. I used to run the Savage setting Rippers over Fantasy Grounds and I own all the stuff for the game in physical/PDF format, as well as the Fantasy Grounds conversions of the products too. I think that I will add Rippers as a second game to this campaign.

The way this will work is as follows: We play War of the Dead for some time until we get to a good stopping point then we switch to Rippers and play it to a good stopping point in the story arc then switch back to War of the Dead, rinse and repeat. This way we get to play both these awesome Savage settings but not at the expense of the other. Things never get old or stale and you get to play different kinds of characters in different settings.

You can read more about Rippers here:

Rippers is basically a Victorian era game where vampires, werewolves, etc. are real and you are a monster hunter sworn to hunt these creatures down in order to protect humanity against these supernatural threats. It is basically like the movie Van Helsing the RPG.

What do you all think about this? I think it would be amazing to play War of the Dead AND Rippers together.

grimm182
April 8th, 2013, 13:25
I like this idea, don't know much about Rippers...but i like not knowing everything about a system anyway!

daddystabz
April 8th, 2013, 13:40
Hi Grimm. I received your info and sent you a private email.

daddystabz
April 8th, 2013, 13:48
Would every other Friday at 6:30 pm eastern work for everyone to begin with? I'm open to making it a weekly game if that is preferred.

longarms
April 8th, 2013, 20:44
I played some of the thread starters rippers games, and I recommend that you all get in on his games (he is a good host, and everyone [me included] seemed to have fun.

In fact, I will take my own advice :) Friday at 6:30pm eastern is probably an ideal time for me actually. As far as weekly / biweekly, since you asked I prefer the later right now, but you should do what you want as you are the one doing the hosting! Its important for the schedule to be ideal for the host, you know?

daddystabz
April 8th, 2013, 22:42
Hey Longarms! Thanks for commenting and for the kind remark. It is good to see you again on here.

Quick question for you all: If we eventually go to weekly could you all do Thursdays at around 6:30 pm eastern? I could do a bit later than 6:30 pm eastern if that works better.

What do you all think?

grimm182
April 9th, 2013, 00:53
I like the Thursdays better than the Fridays...more likely to be home! :)

daddystabz
April 9th, 2013, 09:33
Any of you such as Halon that haven't sent me your real name, email address, Skype name, and availability please do so as soon as possible.

Are you all able to play this Friday at 6:30 pm eastern? I'd like to get the first session in that night. If you haven't already, please contact me via PM or email or Skype to set up a time to login to my FG server to create your character.

JohnD
April 9th, 2013, 13:59
A good way to figure out what night works best for the most people is by use of a Doodle poll. It is free to use and helps in my experience.

daddystabz
April 9th, 2013, 14:22
Not familiar with those. I'll have to research that. Thanks.

grimm182
April 11th, 2013, 13:17
Not a bad idea....
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-doodle-polls-to-schedule-events-and-make-choices-within-groups/

daddystabz
April 11th, 2013, 13:38
Our first game session will be this Friday at 6:30 pm eastern time. Please be signed into Skype and ready to connect to FG II by that time. My Skype user ID is warduke5150.

If you haven't already, please PM me or email, etc. to set up a time prior to the session to login to my server to create your character.

grimm182
April 14th, 2013, 18:22
Great session, well run too! Id like to suggest we do a G+ page to keep track of the session times...and other game relevant stuff!

andrew279
April 14th, 2013, 23:01
sounds like a good idea to me

daddystabz
April 15th, 2013, 14:02
Thanks so much! I sincerely appreciate that. I can set up a Google + page today. Once I have it up and ready I'll email everyone.

Great session, well run too! Id like to suggest we do a G+ page to keep track of the session times...and other game relevant stuff!

daddystabz
April 15th, 2013, 14:14
The Google Plus community is up and I have sent an email to all players with details.

Enjoy!