PDA

View Full Version : Any FG Savagers at Games Expo UK this year ?

zackspacks
March 12th, 2013, 01:32
I can see Doswelk on there, and I am guessing that the guy with Draeus in brackets after his name, is the Draeus from this forum?

I will be there, running two games, the first is Savage Captain Scarlet, and the second is Savage as in Realms of Cthulhu. Here's a couple of flyers for the scenarios,
hope to see some of you there, and tell me about your games :)
cheers
Paul

Saturday morning 10am-2pm:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5094106/Expo2013/Live%26LetRetrometabolise_Expo%20draft%20copy_60pc .png
Sunday morning 10am - 2pm:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5094106/Expo2013/Z%26Zs%20flyer%20Expo_50pc.png

Doswelk
March 12th, 2013, 08:50
Yes I am going

I do not have any fancy posters for my games :(

Friday 8pm:

Daring Tales of Adventure - The Jewel of Zinj.

Travel to the jungles of Africa and prevent the Nazis recovering the Jewel of Zinj

Saturday 10am:

Necropolis 2350: Last Train to Doomsday

Salus 2352, the heroes have to board a moving train and stop a Rephaim plot to seed a city with a powerful necromantic virus. If they fail, tens of thousands of citizens could transform into zombies right in the heart of Church territory.

Sunday 10am:

Scooby Doo F'Taghn!

A Savage worlds game with the twisted concept of what happens when you cross Scooby doo with Cthulhu!

On Saturday night I shall be running a Hellfrost: Land of Fire game (I do not know much more about it as TAG have not sent me a copy yet to read!)

S Ferguson
March 14th, 2013, 17:44
We'll have to hook you up with a poster for the next Expo.:)

S Ferguson
March 14th, 2013, 17:45
A *very* fancy one.

Draeus
March 15th, 2013, 04:05
Yep that draeus guy in brackets 'tis moi!
5 games planned.. wt!?? Yep bring it on!

Star Wars stormtroopers
Necc Evil
Lord of the rings
Slipstream
Judge dredd

All savage :)

Any of you joining in the unscheduled blake 7 sunday afternoon? If so see you there! Be nice to grab a drinknif we get time :)

Doswelk
March 15th, 2013, 09:44
I have bagged two seats on the unscheduled Blake's Seven Adventure (my idea to get Tony to run it!) :)

zackspacks
March 15th, 2013, 11:10
Yes I am in it, after the slacker cried off sick at Furnace 2011 Sat evening slot ;) Wouldn't mind, I had even used one of my free pre-booking slots to make sure I was in it. That's gotta be worth a free Benny or ten, right ? It will be good to meet up with you guys :)

Doswelk, I wouldn't worry about the flyers fella, as there's nowhere to put them on the Expo site! I will be using the Capt Scarlet one for Furnace, and the Z&Z's one has been used at Continuum and Con-Quest already.

Draeus, that's a load of games, well done that man! I too would have been up there with a few more, but I have a non-RPGer in tow, namely Mrs Z, who is an avid card/boardgamer.

cheers
Paul

Doswelk
March 15th, 2013, 12:48
We will also be playing Munchkin/Star Munchkin/Munchkin Zombie/Munchkin Cthulhu (i.e. all the packs at once) so you will be welcome to join in that!

Draeus
March 15th, 2013, 14:28
Really looking forward to it this year. Hmm and now Zach has mentioned a few more conventions. Good bye life! Oh and the fg convention the week after expo! Hello burn out:)

Doswelk I was looking at your daring tales and Scooby Doo. Maybe I can find some tine to John in something on fg :) you running at the fg convention?

scionofnyarlathotep
March 17th, 2013, 10:45
Well then laddies, we now have four of the six slots filled for the Sunday afternoon unscheduled B7 scenario.

That means we have two more slots to fill - Draeus, are any others from our Wednesday night group coming? If so, are they interested? As you know, I'm not there this week as on holiday so could you ask or post it on the FB group for me?

Cheers

Draeus
March 17th, 2013, 23:32
None of them are going, but my Thursday gm might be interested, will ask and let you know.

Doswelk
March 19th, 2013, 09:57
More Savage Goodness on the event list, by my count 16 Adventures now!

With regard to the Blakes 7 adventure I think I can rustle up another player, but I'll need to ask him first...

Draeus
March 19th, 2013, 16:53
16! Its almost a savage convention!

zackspacks
March 19th, 2013, 19:45
Really looking forward to it this year. Hmm and now Zach has mentioned a few more conventions. Good bye life! :D

Draeus - get yourself to Furnace in October mate, it's a blast. First con I ever went to ( in 2008 ). Savage is exceptionally well received there too. Maybe if you go, It will convince Doswelk to tag along too. It's a Savage paradise, just waiting for you.....you know you want to.

16! Its almost a savage convention!Yeah, just noticed all 4 of us are running it Sunday morning. Hope there's enough players for us all:)

Incidentally, what have you guys ran or played in the past at Expo? Any tips or hints welcome, as I have never been:confused:

Draeus
March 19th, 2013, 23:18
Last year I played in :-
a few games with mixed reviews.

The first game i played I cannot remember what it was called, was a fantasy system Dungeon lords or something, was very enjoyable.

The second was Pathfinder, GM did an ok job, But the players! OMG adults should not act like spoilt brats! So embarrassing... I will never play Pathfinder again.. bad experience I'm afraid.

Third game was Gurps - Pirates, was a fantastic game

Fourth was Paranoia, Also fantastic fun!

Fifth was Traveler, Fantastic GM and great adventure.

Sixth was Labyrinth Lords or something, Old D&D new title. Was fun but I was a little out of it lol

Seventh was Parsec, run by the same GM as the first and was probably the most enjoyable game i played at the convention and ended it perfectly for me.. but I was burnt out .. lol

But the whole experience was fantastic. Really enjoyed myself.

What I saw from what the GMs that I enjoyed did, was their adventures were all pre-planned, thought out stats etc.. maps everything was there ready. Everything flowed fluently.

So, Know the rules, Know the adventure have pre-gen characters plenty to choose from. Some with interlinking backgrounds Like the Parsec game had . .was very good. and enjoyable.

That is my observation as a player... As a GM hopefully one of the others can enlighten us. But i did read an article somewhere that basically outlined the above. But I'm al ears on how to make it through the Convention successful.

Is there a link to that other con?

Doswelk
March 20th, 2013, 00:29
Is it this one? https://rpgfurnace.com/

Just asked another Savage Worlder if he wants to join us (assuming he can make it and likes Blake's 7) for the Sunday game, hope he says yes :D

zackspacks
March 20th, 2013, 01:29
Doswelk, good find, as that is indeed the link.:)

Draeus, thanks for the Expo review! I agree with your comments on prep, it's virtually impossible to do too much, as you want the game to run as smoothly as possible. The exception being the Indie hippy type of games, of course.

scionofnyarlathotep
March 20th, 2013, 22:28
Furnace tends to book up quickly once registration goes live (likely to be after Easter this year). Rooms at The Garrison also go quickly.

This year, the con is being held on 19th and 20th October and the best place to follow everything is on the thread on UKRoleplayers:

https://www.ukroleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=14006

Doswelk
March 21st, 2013, 00:14
The Hellfrost Land of Fire Adventure is now confirmed and I have posted it on the UK Expo Site (pending approval right now)

Draeus
March 21st, 2013, 09:36
How much are the rooms normally?

nice one Doswelk, what slot you gone for?

Doswelk
March 21st, 2013, 13:19
Saturday 8pm

A twin room cost me £102 a night

zackspacks
March 21st, 2013, 17:00
How much are the rooms normally?Just in case you mean the Furnace rooms, they are £50 a night for a twin.

Draeus
March 22nd, 2013, 01:02
50 is affordable, what you trying to do to me Doswelk lol.. Nearly had a heart attack :)

VenomousFiligree
March 22nd, 2013, 04:27
I'm there - Phil Garrad :)

phantomwhale
March 22nd, 2013, 04:30
Wish I could join you guys - made a lot of good UK FGII Savage Worlds forum mates just before I migrated down under ! Look forward to a few in-game pics, maybe ?

VenomousFiligree
March 22nd, 2013, 04:32
btw, my Travelodge room cost me £19 a night :)

Doswelk
March 22nd, 2013, 09:38
Booked a room for Friday and Saturday :)

Now to register some games...

Right:

Deadlands Reloaded: West Bound on the San Juan Express (Sat Evening)

Scooby Doo F'taghn! (Sunday PM)

That leaves me time to play some I hope!

scionofnyarlathotep
March 22nd, 2013, 19:23
So I take it that the following are now coming to Furnace?

- Doswelk
- Draeus
- Murghburn

zackspacks
March 22nd, 2013, 21:17
Maybe Furnace needs a new thread?

Draeus
March 23rd, 2013, 05:10
Need to check finances first, but I would like to.

scionofnyarlathotep
March 23rd, 2013, 09:45
Maybe Furnace needs a new thread?

Your wish, my command!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18469

Doswelk
March 24th, 2013, 19:54
Booking starts in 90 mins, wonder how quick my games will go?

Doswelk
March 25th, 2013, 15:20
Well not as quick as Draeus his Judge Dredd is sold out already!

zackspacks
March 25th, 2013, 15:53
All good stuff! I had a peek last night at 10 and saw that my Zeppelins & Ziggurats! game had sold out. As per other cons I have attended in the UK, Cthulhu always draws folks in. This year though Achtung Cthulhu is just so hot, I would be very surprised if Phil's games are not all sold out soon. My Captain Scarlet game has 2 spaces left, so looking good there, especially as it takesa large suitcase to fit it in!

Doswelk
March 25th, 2013, 20:14
Are you running Captain Scarlet at Furnace?

If so what slot (must play it!) :D

zackspacks
March 25th, 2013, 21:25
Are you running Captain Scarlet at Furnace?

If so what slot (must play it!) :DSure am mate! Slot 2, Saturday afternoon. It will be great to have you onboard, cheers!

zackspacks
April 1st, 2013, 18:36
Just checked, and the last Captain Scarlet place went this weekend sometime. So that's both my games sorted:D

Draeus
April 1st, 2013, 18:56
Judge dredd filled, stormtroopers 1 space left, lord of the rings 1 space left, slipstream 6 left, necessary evil 6 left. Early days. Hmm.. Gonna burn out I think lol.. Will need a holiday.

zackspacks
April 1st, 2013, 19:10
Judge dredd filled, stormtroopers 1 space left, lord of the rings 1 space left, slipstream 6 left, necessary evil 6 left. Early days. Hmm.. Gonna burn out I think lol.. Will need a holiday.Good work that man!:bandit:

Interesting that your three hacked systems are sold out ( or as good as ), yet your two Pinnacle 'Plot Point' Campaigns are untouched? My marketing head tells me there is something in this, not sure what though:confused:

Gonna burn out I think lol.. Will need a holiday.That's easy, it's called 'Furnace', and it's in October...:D

Draeus
April 1st, 2013, 19:18
Haha might of missed the among slots, but certainly would like to head over there to play.

Yes it struck me as odd.. Maybe I should have ran some of my other games... Oh well we will see how it pans out.

Doswelk
April 2nd, 2013, 00:03
My Necropolis game is empty so far, only two signed up for Land of Fire, not got a full game yet :(

S Ferguson
April 2nd, 2013, 00:14
I'd join but the time difference would be horrendous - not to mention managing Heathrow Airport, a maze worthy of King Minos, designed to keep the easily distracted from ever leaving. I got in and out once. Not so sure I'd make it a second time.

Draeus
April 2nd, 2013, 00:24
I think im running something on the same slot, was gutted as wanted to play in your necropolis, scion said its good!

Are you running anything at furnace?

Doswelk
April 2nd, 2013, 01:14
I think im running something on the same slot, was gutted as wanted to play in your necropolis, scion said its good!

Are you running anything at furnace?

Plan was to rn Deadlands and Scooby Doo

scionofnyarlathotep
April 2nd, 2013, 12:30
I'd join but the time difference would be horrendous - not to mention managing Heathrow Airport, a maze worthy of King Minos, designed to keep the easily distracted from ever leaving. I got in and out once. Not so sure I'd make it a second time.

Fly into to Birmingham or Manchester, much easier :)

Draeus
April 3rd, 2013, 15:58
Plan was to rn Deadlands and Scooby Doo

Hmm.. Might have to be Scooby Doo!! lol

zackspacks
April 3rd, 2013, 17:46
Hmm.. Might have to be Scooby Doo!! lolHang on, there's a theme here mate: you have just bypassed the plot point campaign of DLR for Scooby Doo:D

Mind you, Scooby Doo Fhtagn does sound way cool:bandit:

Draeus
April 3rd, 2013, 17:51
Yeah, deadlands is tempting, but when I goto conventions I do try to do something different! Lol

Doswelk
April 3rd, 2013, 19:13
I have to admit I had a blast running it at DragonMeet last year, so it is now going to be a regular for me for a while. (i.e. the rest of this year)

The Deadlands adventure is one I ran at DragonMeet 2011 and that was fun as well, I've not run it since so it needs an airing.

Neither of these were written by me (which is another reason to play them!)

zackspacks
April 3rd, 2013, 20:43
Neither of these were written by me (which is another reason to play them!)Really? Do you always run other people's stuff? It was the main reason I first went to a con ( Furnace 2008 ) as I had a couple of ideas for Call of Cthulhu scenarios, that involved a group of strangers. Problem being, that one of them required a huge number of props, which I was only prepared to do, if I could run the scenario several times. My reasons for going these days are now also to meet people I only meet at cons!:)

Doswelk
April 3rd, 2013, 23:29
About half-and-half.

Last Year I ran Sundered Skies/DTOA/Eye of Kilquato

The DTOA was one I wrote myself, the Sundered Skies was a one-sheet I extended.

This year I'll be running Scooby Doo/Necropolis/DTOA again the Daring Tales adventure is my own.

Doswelk
April 9th, 2013, 21:44
So who's around on the Friday afternoon?

I have just bought Sticks and Stones and would love to run an unofficial game.

Any system where the maximum number of words the characters can speak is two should be a laugh!

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 21:50
Well for the people around here, barring a few slight outsiders, are very loquacious individuals. It should be a resounding success. Do you get extra points for the vocabulary used?

Doswelk
April 9th, 2013, 22:03
Keeping to your word limit and communicating using gestures, will earn you extra shiny stones in the CaveMaster deems it good role-playing.

I think this might be the first Savage Setting that would not work on FGII (unless they add shared video-conferencing!) :D

S Ferguson
April 9th, 2013, 22:34
You could Skype in the background.:D

scionofnyarlathotep
April 10th, 2013, 10:42
You could Skype in the background.:D

Our group tried Skype video conferencing - it was not a very pretty sight and one playe ris reminded regularly (and bitterly) on a particular screen grab!

Dayson
April 10th, 2013, 14:56
Hang on, there's a theme here mate: you have just bypassed the plot point campaign of DLR for Scooby Doo:D

If you run a Cthulhu/Scooby Doo game, I'm all over it. That is to say count me in.

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 16:21
Our group tried Skype video conferencing - it was not a very pretty sight and one playe ris reminded regularly (and bitterly) on a particular screen grab!

Hmmmm. I never thought someone could stoop so low as to blackmail using a captured Skype screen. What has this hobby come to...

Doswelk
April 10th, 2013, 18:40
If you run a Cthulhu/Scooby Doo game, I'm all over it. That is to say count me in.
Well there's one space left...:D

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 18:42
No I want it! Give me the space! Oh, wait. Wrong country.:D

Dayson
April 10th, 2013, 19:12
Well there's one space left...:D

If you are running this on FGII then Im in. I would love to play. I have played in your games before and really enjoy your Style.

Doswelk
April 10th, 2013, 20:58
Ah!

This thread is about face-to-face gaming at the UK Games Expo

I will be running this on FGII as some point it's ready to go in FGII..

S Ferguson
April 10th, 2013, 21:03
I want to play Shaggy!

zackspacks
April 11th, 2013, 00:30
Looks awesome in FG2!:bandit:

Doswelk
April 25th, 2013, 20:51
If you are running this on FGII then Im in. I would love to play. I have played in your games before and really enjoy your Style.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1015 :D