PDA

View Full Version : Weird connection issue

Mgrancey
March 12th, 2013, 00:19
I have the Ultimate license and have got a bit of a wierd issue. I play some DnD 4th ed, run some PF stuff and a SW: Deadlands Reloaded campaign. I don't have any issues with the 4th ed and PF stuff. But I am getting all kinds of problems with the SW: Deadlands and the only differences I can think of are two:

several have demo versions that are playing
I had modules set for force download (lightning)

Would either or both together be the reason for why they keep getting disconnect issues while we are playing?

Griogre
March 12th, 2013, 23:08
The transfer of common modules does use more bandwidth but that should happen at the beginning of the session and this data is cached. So it might be stressing a poor connection more which could cause more disconnects but if that is the main reason then most problems would happen at the start after connection rather than later in the game session.

I would check that the people with the unlicensed versions of FG have the latest versions. FG only checks version matching on the first 2 and 9 of version 2.9.2 - it doesn't check the last minor revision.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2013, 14:25
Is it the same players that play in your other games or are they different? Do all get disconnected or is it the same few?

Definitely check the version everyone using, as Griogre says.

The ones that are disconnecting, are they over WiFi, 4G or a cabled network? I found that when using some WiFi I would occasionally get disconnected, but when I wired my network connection to the same WiFi router I didn't get disconnections.