PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Tokens

ransolot
March 10th, 2013, 19:34
Hey all. So I am looking to try to improve my tokens in the game. I am looking for some advice on what would be some great looking tokens that are affordable. I am not looking to have to buy 20 packs of tokens either. A good "one buy" pack if anyone knows of any. I currently run a D&D game, so fantasy genre is what I am looking for.

So, please feel free to leave your ideas here and hopefully a link. Thanks all very much!

mattcolville
March 10th, 2013, 20:14
I've got hundreds and hundreds of tokens. I *think* I got them in various packs from DriveThruRPG. Just search for tokens or VTT tokens or even FGII Tokens.

Trenloe
March 10th, 2013, 20:32
There are now monster and creature tokens included with Fantasy Grounds. Activate the modules within your campaign to see them in the tokens bag.

There are other good threads on this forum that provide links to areas to get free tokens - and Valeros's token downloader application. Do a search in the forums for "token" and see what you can find... :)

ransolot
March 10th, 2013, 20:42
Trenloe, thanks much for letting me know about the mini downloader. that thing is awesome. We had been using some of those in the past but it was a real pain to go through and scale each one and all that. Again, thanks!

Trenloe
March 10th, 2013, 21:09
No problem at all. :-)

Now I'm on a computer rather than a phone I can give you another link:

https://www.immortalnights.com/tokensite/index.html

Devin Night's tokens are pretty good - the first 20 token packs at the site above are available for free.

Also, if you didn't find it in any of your searches - Shockbolt did a kickstarter for tokens, symbols, textures, etc. that are all very handy for VTTs. Some are included in the animals and monsters modules with Fantasy Grounds, others are being developed. More info here: https://www.digitalartwork.no/?page_id=745/

GM Doug
March 10th, 2013, 23:40
Ransalot -

I second Trenloe's referral to Devin Night's site (see signature below). I have personal experience in both purchasing token packs and commissioning customs from DK and have been consistently satisfied. He is very responsive to personal communications and honest when it comes to turnaround for custom items.

Devin's artistic style has refined over the years and his newer (for sale) packs and custom tokens far exceed the quality of some his earlier works which are available on his site as free downloads. His high resolution tokens in particular allow greater latitude in scaling as they retain their detail even when 'zoomed upon'.

Some folks prefer pog-style tokens, but I find top-down tokens to be a personal preference. I also like the variety of SRD tokens Devin has already created and the consistency of style that his extensive library affords a GM.

His Kickstarter closed some time ago, but is a good place to start for an idea of the quality of product he proffers: Monster Tokens by Devin Night (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1009057201/monster-tokens-by-devin-night).

Hope this helps,

GM Doug