PDA

View Full Version : Thornkeep a PFS mega dungeon any interest?

hawkwind
March 9th, 2013, 08:56
I have just bought this and I really want to run it
It counts as six seperate adventures , you don't need to play in the whole thing. It's a chance to do some good old fashioned kill monsters and take their stuff style dungeon crawling. Each level will take about six plus hours to play split over a couple of sessions and award three xp so there's some fast leveling if you interested in that sort of thing. I am posting from my phone so I will announce the first session on Monday for playing on the 22nd

Trenloe
March 9th, 2013, 18:23
Moved as requested.

Gertak
March 10th, 2013, 01:44
Depending on the level range, I'd definitely be interested.

Trueshots
March 10th, 2013, 04:31
Yea I'm Probably a go for this too. What days are you thinking of playing this? My schedule is very tight right now. Have very little spare time.

hawkwind
March 10th, 2013, 08:49
The wife is at a hen night on the 22 of Match so I plan to do the first one then. The level requirements vary with each dungeon level and go all the way to nine, the first will be one to two

Mgrancey
March 10th, 2013, 09:08
Subteirs
1-2
2-4
3-5
6-8
5-7

Level 4 would need to be filled it or lower would need to be filled in.
Midnight mirror might be a good fit into the area.

Resonance
March 10th, 2013, 11:01
Could a roleplayer without previous pathfinder experience (or ruleset) join?
It does sound like fun. :)

Killian
March 10th, 2013, 13:29
I would be interested depending on the days and times :)

Gwaihir Scout
March 10th, 2013, 17:25
Interested, but Friday nights are out for me.

I have played the first level already, and I feel I should warn you all that it's not a good idea to take a full party of brand-new characters. Somebody needs some gold for helpful equipment.

Check out the link in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17472) for some cheap, useful items.

hawkwind
March 10th, 2013, 18:58
I only the first level will be run on a Friday, I usually run my games on a mid week night.

RobG
March 10th, 2013, 22:49
I'm interested and could bring along one other if there's room. Friday 22nd is good with me and I'm generally free mid-week assuming I don't get stuck at work :-/

Mgrancey
March 11th, 2013, 15:10
Curiously, what is mid-week? Tues-Thur, depending on the week or do you mean Wed. nights?

hawkwind
March 11th, 2013, 22:12
Curiously, what is mid-week? Tues-Thur, depending on the week or do you mean Wed. nights?
all of the above I'm pretty flexible, two small children means that I don't get out much

Gertak
March 12th, 2013, 04:39
I'll have to take back my participation, didn't realize it was for Friday, where I already have a game.

avro5731
March 20th, 2013, 19:17
is this one of those you can play several times runs like "We be Goblins"?

Trenloe
March 20th, 2013, 19:44
is this one of those you can play several times runs like "We be Goblins"?
As the Accursed Halls only (not the other levels of Thornkeep) is a tier 1-2 sanctioned module, you can replay with 1st level characters. From the "replaying scenarios" section of Chapter 5 of the PFS guide:

There is one exception to these rules: All Tier 1 scenarios and Tier 1–2 sanctioned modules are available for unlimited replay with a 1st-level character for credit. The sanctioned modules can also be played with a 2ndlevel character once for credit. You may continue to replay the sanctioned modules with 1st-level characters after playing through them with a 2nd-level character. GMs can receive another Chronicle sheet each time they run one of the Tier 1 scenarios or Tier 1–2 sanctioned modules. No character can ever have two of the same Chronicle—the Chronicle must be applied to a different character each time.
As an aside, "Tier 1 scenarios" are not playing a tier 1-5 scenario with a level 1 PC, they are currently only the 3 first-steps scenarios.

avro5731
March 20th, 2013, 21:02
...they are currently only the 3 first-steps scenarios.

I'm not meaning to hijack the thread but I thought you could replay:
First Steps, Part 1: In Service to Lore
First Steps, Part 2: To Delve the Dundeon Deep
First Steps, Part 3: A Vision of Betrayal
Master of the Fallen Fortress 1
We Be Goblins! 1
The Godsmouth Heresy 1-2
Crypt of the Everflame 1-2
Murder's Mark

Not sure about EX and SP Scenarios

Trenloe
March 20th, 2013, 22:33
I'm not meaning to hijack the thread but I thought you could replay:
First Steps, Part 1: In Service to Lore
First Steps, Part 2: To Delve the Dundeon Deep
First Steps, Part 3: A Vision of Betrayal
Master of the Fallen Fortress 1
We Be Goblins! 1
The Godsmouth Heresy 1-2
Crypt of the Everflame 1-2
Murder's Mark

Not sure about EX and SP Scenarios

You're correct. The difference in the list above is what is a PFS Scenario (First Steps part 1-3) and what is a sanctioned module (all of the others you list above). This is a common misunderstanding - what's a "scenario" and what's a "sanctioned module"??

All PFS Scenarios (those produced specifically for PFS and numbered as such) can only be replayed if they are tier 1 *only*, which is currently just the First Steps scenarios.

That's why I quoted "Tier 1 Scenarios" to highlight them as different from "Tier 1-2 Sanctioned Modules" in the PFS Guide quote, and to ensure people knew that a "tier 1 scenario" is not a sanctioned module and neither is it a normal scenario (tier 1-5, for example) played with a 1st level PC.

Hopefully the above has helped to clarify the various terminologies and not cause more confusion.

xaoslaad
March 31st, 2013, 03:09
Did you start this yet? If not I'd be interested.

hawkwind
March 31st, 2013, 14:41
Done the first level and will be doing the rest later

Mgrancey
April 1st, 2013, 04:43
I am curious as to what days you plan to run it. Initially you had it set for Tuesdays.

hawkwind
April 1st, 2013, 16:08
Killian can't do Tuesdays and I want to keep as many of the original players as possible, if players are up for it I will try and introduce the town into the sessions

hawkwind
April 12th, 2013, 07:52
Subteirs
1-2
2-4
3-5
6-8
5-7

Level 4 would need to be filled it or lower would need to be filled in.
Midnight mirror might be a good fit into the area.

I have just started reading Midnight Mirror and it is shaping up to be a mighty fine adventure and a good break from 3 levels of dungeon crawling. i am sesriously considering running this one

RobG
April 12th, 2013, 09:33
Sounds good to me.
I thought the game last night went well, we're a bit of a tighter unit now.

hawkwind
April 12th, 2013, 10:11
You are just doing the easy rooms and encounters! Wait for next week for the tough bits

Mgrancey
April 13th, 2013, 08:33
I probably won't be joining that, especially with Locien, I do have a lvl 3 bard who has been sitting around forever, but the rest are level 1 or 2 i believe

hawkwind
April 13th, 2013, 14:32
some with good social skills would be useful for the midnight mirror