PDA

View Full Version : GM Identity

unerwünscht
March 6th, 2013, 23:06
It has been awhile since I have ran any games with FGII so I don't know when this popped back up, but I am having an issue were if I select another identity as GM I can not go back to the GM identity. Currently using v.2.9.2 ULTIMATE on windows 7 and can reproduce the error in all rulesets that I use. 3.5e being the default one I tested it in.

I know this issue came up once before a few versions back and moon found a fix for it, but I can't remember what the fix was nor can I find that thread.

Dakadin
March 7th, 2013, 06:44
In the Rolemaster ruleset, I know the modifier stack used to overlap the GM identity and you could only select it if you clicked the very left edge of the GM identity. Not sure if this is the same issue though.

gmkieran
March 7th, 2013, 16:00
The DM in our current 3.5 campaign switched back and forth several times in our most recent session (not using an Ultimate license, other than that, same setup) without difficulty. I don't know if he might have moved the modifier stack or done something else that would eliminate a conflict, but it seems like the issue may environmental, rather than code-related. Just a thought.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2013, 20:08
I just tested on a base 3.5E campaign using v2.9.3 beta. It sounds like others are not having the issue with v2.9.2.

Perhaps it's an extension issue? Are you running any theme or ruleset modification extensions?

Another thought, are you running on a small screen? I know that the modifier stack is relative to bottom of window, and chat/id list is relative to top of window. Perhaps they are overlapping?

Regards,
JPG

Callum
March 7th, 2013, 22:12
I certainly don't have any problems switching back to the GM identity under 2.9.2 on Vista, with just the languages extension enabled.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2013, 22:41
Talked to unerwünscht a bit. He has no extensions or themes, base 3.5E, running at 1280x1024.

One theory that unerwünscht had was that it might be a Windows "bar" issue with screen edges, but we're not sure.

If anyone else hits this, let me know so we can get more info.

Regards,
JPG

Leonal
March 7th, 2013, 23:24
(Using latest 2.9.3 testlive on Win8Pro @ 1920x1080 resolution)
I just tried in 3.5E and it worked without problems, however, trying in the nWoD ruleset (where the ID is shown below and not above the dice and modifier box), I could not return to the original GM ID without clearing the custom ones.

Tested with BRP and I could not return to the original ID there either. This ruleset also has the ID below and not above the dice.

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2013, 00:57
If it's below the dice, then it's using the old d20 ruleset code. I don't remember what the issue was with that code, but I was sure I fixed it. ;)

JPG