PDA

View Full Version : Sunday gaming: Savaged Cyradon

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 21:47
I have been giving some love for ICE's amazing Cyradon setting in form of Savage Worlds. The less you know about the setting the better. Sessions will include elements of high adventuring, combat, dungeon crawling, revealing mysteries and role playing. The main focus will be to learn more about the new world and its people. Player characters can make the difference in how Cyradon's history is shaped. Check the game calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=948

The world has forgotten. The old things are gone. Many great nations have fallen. In the deserts of the south, the priests of the current empire forbid magic and the worship of the old gods. In the east, armies gather and jockey for position, laying waste to all they fight over. Wars crash like waves over the land. People die.

But what if we could remake the world anew? What if the old magics and the great beasts of the sky were not as forgotten and lost as the bards' tales make you think? What if they merely lie sleeping in a land long lost to legend? What if you could come through warfare and death, slavery and suffering to find someplace new where you could make a new life, yet have this place be older than the oldest stories told at your grandmother’s knee?

Far away, under a sky filled with unfamiliar stars, stands an ancient city built in a time before the empires of the north fell. Nestled in a mountain range at the center of a vast desert wasteland, the city is carved into the remains of a dormant volcano. In the highest reaches of that city, in rooms carved from the mountains, the Gryphons watch and wait… Cyradon is waiting. The long forgotten things stir in their sleep.

Gryphon World – the world of Mithra - is a complex, fractured world. On Cyradon, elvish kingdoms strive to carve out an existence on the borders of a continent petrified by magical fire through political intrigue and martial might. In the cracks and forgotten places, the Gnomes struggle to preserve what life there is as well as restore the damage done by the great cataclysm. To the west, the civilized, literate Nagazi Lizardmen guard the ancient knowledge of the Mithrans—that may be the
key to the salvation of Cyradon. Most Gryphons keep to themselves in their eyries, setting only their exiles and castoffs to stand guard over the ruins of the forgotten
city. Legend has it, the only mortals to live on this place were human magicians, and the humans of Cyradon are long dead. How will the races of Cyradon react to a new influx of humanity? How will the balance of power be altered? Will the humans choose to stay here since the world they knew was shattered?

This is a time when new destinies, alliances, and battle lines will be forged.

We play the game weely at sundays starting at 12:00 (GMT+2) and each session lasts for 4-5 hours. We use Savage Worlds ruleset with SWFI extension and Teamspeak acts as our choise of VOIP.

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 21:49
I am recruiting 1-2 new players to get along. Apply yourself into game calendar and I will send your double-cheking private message. I expect to have some response so I can accept people into the game

JohnD
March 7th, 2013, 17:12
Would love to play but game time is 0400 my time. All the best! :)

bennis1980
March 7th, 2013, 17:16
Would love to play but game time is 0400 my time. All the best! :)

Damn you timezones!!! If only the earth had two suns!

Would have been good to play with you

ShaneB
March 13th, 2013, 03:08
Is that 12:00pm (ie second breakfasts) at GMT+2?

I am at GMT+8, which makes it 6pm local... I -might- be able to join if I can convince my wife to allow me to :)

bennis1980
March 13th, 2013, 07:25
Tell her she -has- to let you join: the fate of Cyradon is in your hands :)

It would be good to have you if you can make it.

Ikael
May 13th, 2013, 18:27
And we have three player slots open for this game! There is no requirement for players to be familar with the setting. We play every sunday starting at 12:01 (noon!) (GMT+2) and each session lasts between 3-5 hours. We are using (yet) unreleased Savage Worlds v3.4 ruleset for this! Be one of the first to enjoy this new version of SW ruleset!

pjrake
May 13th, 2013, 22:50
And we have three player slots open for this game! There is no requirement for players to be familar with the setting. We play every sunday starting at 12:01 (noon!) (GMT+2) and each session lasts between 3-5 hours. We are using (yet) unreleased Savage Worlds v3.4 ruleset for this! Be one of the first to enjoy this new version of SW ruleset!

Would love to participate!

-PJ

bennis1980
May 13th, 2013, 23:56
Oh goodie. We did play a card calling for re-enforcements last session so we appreciate the prompt responce.

Harbinger
May 14th, 2013, 16:05
I Just wanted to say that I've been playing in this game with Bennis1980 and some others, I've been having a great time. We have a few openings and would love to have a few extra new faces join us.

Harbinger
May 14th, 2013, 16:07
Bennis1980,

how do you think of the couple of most recent boss fights? intense or what!

Oh yea and thanks for the Luck, it does save lives.....never leave home with out your Lucky Lorenzo.

Karrth
May 14th, 2013, 20:11
as I said in the other thread I would like to apply. Do you want a character application in PM or do you want to meet on TS?

Also I'm pretty new at savage worlds so I might make a mistake or two while learning the system.

Harbinger
May 14th, 2013, 20:49
He wants you to apply on the calendar, and them he will PM you. or at least that is how he did with us. Welcome by the way. Hope to see you next game day. Also he gets on early if you let him know and he can help may character in FG with you also, or at least he did for many of us. After you apply on Calendar you can shot him a PM and he normally responds pretty quick.

bennis1980
May 16th, 2013, 06:59
Bennis1980,

how do you think of the couple of most recent boss fights? intense or what!

Oh yea and thanks for the Luck, it does save lives.....never leave home with out your Lucky Lorenzo.

"Intense" is not the word. I have lost RL and in game hair over those cliffhanger situations.

Harbinger
May 16th, 2013, 12:59
"Intense" is not the word. I have lost RL and in game hair over those cliffhanger situations.
yea, I will say - I was all worked up and ready to lay all the bosses to waste, and be damned with the mission just because of the difficulty from just fighting those three bosses . Makes me a little worried about the next one since they were his flunkies.:ninja:

bennis1980
May 18th, 2013, 08:04
So what sort of character will you be playing Karrth?

Karrth
May 18th, 2013, 09:27
I'm still working on that. I was told that I have a chance to learn the system while playing and NPC for the first session or two. I'll try to get something for the game tomorrow so ya all can say yay or nay.

bennis1980
May 18th, 2013, 09:32
Yeah there's a few NPCs we'd picked up along the way.

It isn't for us to decide yay or nay, it's for you to decide if it's your cup of tea. You are very welcome to the group and we hope you like it.

Harbinger
May 20th, 2013, 01:09
I had a blast this game sessions, I hope you did also Karrth, even playing an NPC. Man did you mow them down.