PDA

View Full Version : Question about weapon and armor enchantments

xaoslaad
March 6th, 2013, 18:04
I am reading on threads on other forums that if I enchant my armor to make it +1 (it is already Masterwork, thanks hawkwind from saving me from myself!), and later I want to enchant it to +2 I need only pay the difference between a +1 and +2 enchantment. Is that correct? I'm just not finding anything in writing to back it up so I feel like it might not be true.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to be more strategic in enchantment purchases, or if I know what I want my end result to be I can work towards it as the gold presents itself.

Thanks for clarification (and sources if anyone can point me to them)

Tinculin
March 6th, 2013, 18:14
Correct.

MW->+1 armor = 1000gp
+1->+2 armor = 3000gp

or,
MW->+2 armor = 4000gp

Either way, you spend 4k upgrading your MW armor.

I'll try to route out the sources unless someone beats me to it, but it is in the core rules somewhere and has been clarified on paizo threads numerous times.

Tinculin
March 6th, 2013, 18:23
Here's the link

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p4s8?How-to-Upgrade-Your-Gear-in-PFS#13

Malkavian_Andi
March 6th, 2013, 19:17
Also, in order to upgrade a masterwork item or a +1 item to a +2 item, you need to have the +2 item on one of your chronicle sheets (and that means that exact item. You can't ugrade a +1 leather armor to +2 if you only have a +2 plate armor on your chronicle sheets), or you need to have a high enough fame score to purchase items for that amount of gold (for example 4150 + armor base price for a +2 armor), even if you only pay 3000 to upgrade from +1 to +2.

The same is true for uprading to +3 or higher.

Tinculin
March 6th, 2013, 21:10
Also, in order to upgrade a masterwork item or a +1 item to a +2 item, you need to have the +2 item on one of your chronicle sheets (and that means that exact item. You can't ugrade a +1 leather armor to +2 if you only have a +2 plate armor on your chronicle sheets), or you need to have a high enough fame score to purchase items for that amount of gold (for example 4150 + armor base price for a +2 armor), even if you only pay 3000 to upgrade from +1 to +2.

The same is true for uprading to +3 or higher.

This isn't correct.

You are allowed to buy any item (that is PFS legal), that is below your prestige gp max limit.

The items on your chronicle sheet allow you to purchase items outside that limit and/or are special items.

Malkavian_Andi
March 6th, 2013, 22:25
This isn't correct.

You are allowed to buy any item (that is PFS legal), that is below your prestige gp max limit.

The items on your chronicle sheet allow you to purchase items outside that limit and/or are special items.
That's exactly what I said in my post. Maybe it sounded like something else, but it's what I meant.

You may buy magic items only if they appear on one of your chronicle sheets or if it's below the limit allowed by your fame score.
If an item you want to buy is an upgrade of an item you already possess, you may just pay the difference instead of selling the old item for half and then buying the new item.

Mgrancey
March 7th, 2013, 06:31
Correct, only slight amendment to that I believe, pg 24-25. Outside of of Dragonscale, and 2 others from Ultimate Equipment you can buy special material items without worrying about prestige level as well. In case you decide to purchase something like that.

Once you have the cash and a Masterwork weapon you can get it enchanted to a +1, probably 4 to 5 scenarios. The +2 enchantment is probably going to be 14 scenarios before you got the Fame to purchase it though.