PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to remedy these script errors?

Alchemister
March 6th, 2013, 16:52
Hi,

Recently started to see the following script errors in SW Deadlands...any advice would be gratefully received.

Script Error: [string "scripts/new_charsheet_attacklist.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'isSubEntry' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/new_charsheet_attacklist.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'isSubEntry' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/new_charsheet_attacklist.lua"]:12: attempt to index field 'subname' (a nil value)

It seems to occur as soon as a character sheet is opened, if that helps.

Doswelk
March 6th, 2013, 17:02
Are you using SWFI 0.71?

If so try this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=144592&postcount=151)

Alchemister
March 6th, 2013, 18:20
I am indeed, will give the update a try and see if that remedies the problem.

Thanks for the help :)

Alchemister
March 6th, 2013, 18:26
Okay, so that didn't work. The same script error's still coming up, but it does appear that its the extension that's doing it.

Hopefully not a big issue in any case.

Thanks again.

Doswelk
March 6th, 2013, 19:05
Make sure you have the latest version of the Deadlands ruleset.

Also it is known that the Adventure Deck and SWFI do not play well together.

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 19:37
Hi,

Recently started to see the following script errors in SW Deadlands...any advice would be gratefully received.

Script Error: [string "scripts/new_charsheet_attacklist.lua"]:12: attempt to index field 'subname' (a nil value)

It seems to occur as soon as a character sheet is opened, if that helps.

This seems to be problem with two extension that has conflicts with each other. Deadlands and SWFI don't come along with each other nicely. I have implement some special features for weapons, while Deadlands has done that too. Now the end result is that when you use both extensions, the weaponlist uses SWFI code while weaponitems/lines are from Deadlands, which lack some feature that are expected to be there. There is no easy solution unless sombody would purcahse the Deadlands extension for me so that I could create Deadlands+SWFI compatibility adapter extension to make them compatible with each other. Alternatively if Smitework would allow me to have the extension's windowclass/script codes I could also do it, I don't need graphics or module data (which I believe are the only part which are secured by the IP). I don't own Deadlands extension, nor do I need it so I am not wanting to put money on it, but if I could get my hands on it I would do compatibility adapter extension for it. I have already done one for Doswelk's WWII extension, but I quess that is not yet commercial product.

However we have had some discussion with phantomwhale that we will merge some of the SWFI features into the SW v3.4 ruleset and I have provided help doing it. However it might take up to few/three/more months so that it will be released. Still unless SWFI is fully merged into SW ruleset, there can and will be such conflicts.

It's choise of which extension you need the most, but I know it sucks at the moment.

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 19:39
Also it is known that the Adventure Deck and SWFI do not play well together.

As far as I know the only conflicting issue with Adventure Deck and SWFI is that GM cannot quickly share cards for players, but it doesn't prevent using them. That issue would be extremely easy fix in one windowclass.

Alchemister
March 6th, 2013, 22:32
Thanks folks, that clears that one up.

Shame about the conflict,as your extension is a fine piece of work!

Fortunately, it'll be a while before I have to make the tough choices as I'm still in the early stages of putting the Deadlands campaign together, and I'm mostly using BRP at the moment.

Alas, the SW is such a sexy rule set, it really begs me to do something with it. Deadlands is appealing as I've never yet strayed into the Wild West in 27 years of role playing (Jesus, how did I get this old?)

Appreciate the help and guidance (as ever)

phantomwhale
March 6th, 2013, 22:52
Deadlands is fantastic (as a setting) - I can quote similar numbers around my RPG years until I discovered it a few years ago, in Reloaded form.

The Deadlands extension is also my baby (along with supporting Savage Worlds ruleset), so rest assured we are working to get as much of Ikael's features into the core ruleset, where they should play nicely with ALL extensions going forward.

The other, quicker, yet less robust solution would be yet another extension to patch the DL:R / SWFI incompatibilities, as noted above. It would be such a temporary piece of work though that I think it might be asking too much, esp. when we can focus efforts on getting these feature out there for everyone in the longer term.

Alchemister
March 7th, 2013, 15:10
All good :)

Ikael
March 7th, 2013, 15:53
I was just contacted by Smiteworks and they granted me Adventure Deck and Deadlands: Reloaded products! What a wonderful act from them! That said, I am goin to do SWFI adapter extensions for both of them. No matter if it's just temporary solutions until SW 3.4 :)

First of all I will be releasing SWFI 0.71 version and use that as base for the adapters. Then I will focus on Adventure Deck adapter (easy task) and then Deadlands. Because Dealands is so massive with all the changes, I will be doing it in pieces, your reported issue is the first one, and then I will be comparing parts of it bit by bit and developing the adapter.

I would love to do it right away, just my weekend and today is reserved for some Salsa dancing :) Be patient and I will keep you informed about progression.

Alchemister
March 7th, 2013, 20:15
Ikael, you are a true gentleman, and this also goes for the fine folk at Smiteworks. I have to say that it is deeply reassuring to find such a breed still exists, and from the moment I joined FG I have found the willingness and level of support from members to be second to none.

A true community spirit.

Indebted. As ever.

S Ferguson
March 7th, 2013, 22:13
That's because we're all here 'cause we're not all there.:)

Ikael
March 10th, 2013, 16:46
Just wanted to report that Adventure Deck adapter is ready and can be found from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18404). Now I am focusing on creating adapter for Dealands: Reloaded, but it will take much more time since it has 100-times more changes to core ruleset.