PDA

View Full Version : Unmasking Map Question.

McTurbo
March 4th, 2013, 03:00
I mask my map and then enter my mask mode. so that i can expose my map by my player characters actions as they see it. i normally have to do this by tracing the wall of my dungeon as the players see it. its kinda sloppy to be honest..

i seen a video of a guy doing a session and he was able to use some shortcut to create a square from the top corner of his area all the way down the hallway to where the players couldn't see anymore.. but he was able to do it without tracing the walls freehand.. how did he do this???

on this video at about 34:20 seconds he does it a few seconds later.. draws a box that removes the mask.. how do i do that??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PcQHR4BYlg

Trenloe
March 4th, 2013, 03:30
Left-click on the map where you want your rectangular mask reveal to start and keep the left mouse button pressed, drag your rectangle, release mouse button.

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2013, 03:39
At some point in the FG versions, the default unmask was changed from freehand to box. The default in FG v2.9.x is box unmask. You can now hold the Shift key to freehand unmask.

Regards,
JPG

wbcreighton
March 4th, 2013, 03:40
In Mask mode just click ( and hold down the button ) on one corner of the rectangular area you want to reveal and drag to the other corner diagonal to the one you started from. You have to be in Mask mode. [ Right Click for radial Menu | Layer | Mask mode]

If you hold down the Control key while you do it, you can mask the rectangle.

If you hold down the Shift key you can free hand reveal an area by left click and hold down while you trace the outline.