PDA

View Full Version : Importing items

Starbridge
March 3rd, 2013, 06:36
So I picked up the unlimited version of the game and was a little bummed out when I couldnt figure out how to import maps, monsters, etc. I have a ton of tiles I would like to set up and scan and use for my games. Anyone know how to do this if you even can? Or is there some kind of pack or something that I am missing.

Emrak
March 3rd, 2013, 07:19
Sure. Just take your scanned tiles and go to Start menu, then programs, then FG2, then application data folder. Drop the images you wish to use into the images folder. Easy peasy! :)

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2013, 08:59
As Emrak stated, within the FG2 App Data Folder (i.e. available via a link in the Start Menu), there are folders for adding your own files:

campaigns/<CampaignName>/images = Images for the named campaign (available from Images sidebar button on tabletop)
extensions/ = Ruleset modifications (selected from Launch screen)
modules/ = Data modules (activate-able from Library on tabletop)
portraits/ = Portraits available to assign to a character (on character sheets)
rulesets/ = Ruleset definitions (selected from Launch screen)
tokens/shared/ = Tokens available to GM and players (in Token Box on tabletop)
tokens/host/ = Tokens available to GM only (in Token Box on tabletop)

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2013, 23:43
So I picked up the unlimited version of the game and was a little bummed out when I couldnt figure out how to import maps, monsters, etc. I have a ton of tiles I would like to set up and scan and use for my games. Anyone know how to do this if you even can? Or is there some kind of pack or something that I am missing.
Image/Map use is covered in some detail in the 3.5E User's Guide - available under the "Library" link at the top of this page.

Using the menu in the left side of the web page, expand GM Guide - Gameplay -> Images -> Adding and removing images.

when you expand the menu in the left sidebar, other menu items under the one you select can appear, so keep an eye out for this. It is easy to think there is not much info on a subject, when there has actually been a few extra menu items opened in the menu bar...

Starbridge
March 4th, 2013, 00:16
Thanks guys.