PDA

View Full Version : Delirium's Tangle -- March 9th, 2pm est (-5 gmt)

Mgrancey
March 2nd, 2013, 23:01
Delirium's Tangle
Number of players: 4-6

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2 and 4–5).

The Pathfinder Society owes Grandmaster Torch a favor and he's calling it in. It seems he misplaced Nuar Spiritskin, the famous minotaur prince of Absalom, and Torch needs you to find the prince before the city discovers that the minotaur is missing. He sends you deep beneath Absalom into a maddening maze of malign shapes, hideous creatures, and secrets that haven't seen the light of day for more than a thousand years.

March 9, 2013 2:00 pm Est (-5 gmt) -- check calendar for confirmation
Duration: 4-5 hours.
Fantasy Grounds license: Ultimate
Chat type: FGII community TeamSpeak
Tier: 1-5 (1-2 and 4-5)

Apparently forgot to put down what I need.

xml character file, if using hero labs make sure that familiars/animal companions have been extracted
chronicle sheet of you can/have one
faction, and PFS number

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=998

Gertak
March 3rd, 2013, 00:52
I am interested in joining and have applied on the game calendar. I just finished a game today so will upload my chronicle and character probably around Tuesday when my new chronicle is posted.

Harbinger
March 4th, 2013, 01:17
I would like to join your game, and I've applie don the Calendar. and I will upload my character soon. Thank you.

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 10:00
i would like to join too i am just waiting for my chronicle sheet from the previous campaign

Tinculin
March 4th, 2013, 13:25
I will bring a lvl 2/4 character depending on the tier we play at.

Mgrancey
March 4th, 2013, 22:11
Its not a big concern unless you have an ongoing condition that needs dealt with. Mostly concerned with character file.

Mgrancey
March 5th, 2013, 06:25
Just to confirm, you are all experienced with PFS and Fantasy Grounds, right?

Harbinger
March 5th, 2013, 13:29
I've played about 5 PFS games on FG and a few Savage World and RMU. So I have some experience but still relatively new to the FG system.

Here is my character XML and PIC.

PFS#75768-3
Faction :Lantern Lodge

Harbinger
March 6th, 2013, 18:09
I wanted to buy some items before the game starts.
100gp Masterwork Thieves' tools, upgrade my Sai and Temple sword to Master Crafted for 600gp, buy Parchment (4) 2 sp each, Ink pen(2) 1sp each, Vial black ink (1) 8gp.

starting gp will be 731gp.

I also updated the XLM sheet above.

loaluciferloa
March 6th, 2013, 21:16
hey here is my character and chronicle sheet btw i read about retraining and i am going to retrain this character (elf wizard to halfling rogue) so i am going to give you a list of items i am selling and buy to include in the chronicle sheet later selling is at 100% from what they told me
selling
scribed scrolls lvl 1 x2 20gp
backpack, masterwork 50gp
bedroll 1sp
spell component pouch 5gp
spellbook (it was free wizard)
trail rations 5sp
waterskin 1gp
masterwork longsword (it was free arcane bond)
i sold most of these because they were medium size and i need small size for halfing
buying
backpack masterwork (small) 50gp
Masterwork Thieves' tools 100gp
torch x4 4cp
studded leather armor (small) 25gp
dagger x4 8gp
masterwork dagger 302gp
potions of cure light wounds x2 100gp
ink 8gp
inkpen 1sp
parchment(sheet) 2sp
masterwork tool (perception) 50gp

faction: osirion
id: 78054-1

if you need to ask something or i did something wrong tell me and i will fix it. regarding your question if i know how to use fg2 i played savage worlds, d&d 4e, d&d 3,5 so i know my way around fg2 a little and about pathfinder this will be my fourth game.
i hope its not a problem.

Tinculin
March 6th, 2013, 23:05
Yep, I'm fairly used to FG now.

Chronicle, Michael and his Eidolon attached.

Mgrancey
March 7th, 2013, 00:18
hey here is my character and chronicle sheet btw i read about retraining and i am going to retrain this character (elf wizard to halfling rogue) so i am going to give you a list of items i am selling and buy to include in the chronicle sheet later selling is at 100% from what they told me
selling
scribed scrolls lvl 1 x2 20gp
backpack, masterwork 50gp
bedroll 1sp
spell component pouch 5gp
spellbook (it was free wizard)
trail rations 5sp
waterskin 1gp
masterwork longsword (it was free arcane bond)
i sold most of these because they were medium size and i need small size for halfing
buying
backpack masterwork (small) 50gp
Masterwork Thieves' tools 100gp
torch x4 4cp
studded leather armor (small) 25gp
dagger x4 8gp
masterwork dagger 302gp
potions of cure light wounds x2 100gp

Just curious though, what are the scribed scrolls supposed to be, just regular scrolls, cause the price doesn't seem correct.

loaluciferloa
March 7th, 2013, 00:27
i dont know if i understood what you want.
you want the previous character sheet and all the chronicles of the character?
if you are talking about the scribed scrolls according to trenloe i can get the gold back this is what he wrote i can give you a link if you want too.all the items i had were bought with the starting money except the 2 lvl 1 scrolls
the trail rations and waterskin never got used. (for some reason in these games you never eat drink or rest so i dont even know why i bought them)

You can get back 100% of the money for anything you pay for that is not a consumable that has been used (potions, scrolls, etc.), an adventure expense or to remove a condition.

If you bought a scroll and then used the scroll to inscribe the spell into your spell book then I would say that is not a consumable being used in a scenario but being used to develop your character, so you could get the money back for this consumable too.
just tell me exactly what you need or what i did wrong and i will sent you whatever is needed

Mgrancey
March 7th, 2013, 01:06
Yeah, you get full price back. But lvl 1 scrolls are generally 50gp, not 20 gp and lvl 0 are half that at 12.5gp. So I am unaware of any scrolls that are either 10 or 20 gold.

Most modules take place within 24 hours so rations aren't usually a necessity, but good to have on just in case. But its good to have just in case it pops up.

loaluciferloa
March 7th, 2013, 11:46
oh right i didnt buy the scrolls i found them and just scribed them. i dont know if i can do that but i asked the gm and he allowed it (found them in the campaign while playing and instead of casting it i learned it and it costs 10gp for each lvl spell so 2 lvl 1 =20) even if i cant do that i just get the 20 gold back (which is what i want anyway) and the character is ok right?

Gertak
March 8th, 2013, 21:42
My Chronicle sheet has my player name misspelled but I am going to post it here just so you have it ahead of time. I'm still waiting on the GM to correct the old one.

Mgrancey
March 8th, 2013, 22:35
Ah, you meant you scribed spells into your spell book. Yeah, that makes sense and is the right price.

Mgrancey
March 8th, 2013, 23:14
Right now i have 4 character files, from Harbinger, Loaluciferloa, Tinculin, Gertak. I would like the other 2 before game time please.

Realized I wasn't quite as clear as I thought. We'll be using FGII community teamspeak server for voice comm.

Mgrancey
March 9th, 2013, 00:54
Hmm, slight problem though working on it now. I can't find the campaign folder with Delirium's Tangle in it. My list of other prepped modules:

Citadel of Flame
Icebound Outpost
The Disappeared
Thornkeep
Throaty mermaid

loaluciferloa
March 9th, 2013, 03:01
well i can play all of those with this character. so you can pick whichever one you want

Gertak
March 9th, 2013, 04:33
I cannot run the disappeared.

Harbinger
March 9th, 2013, 13:27
I can't play the Disappeared, and loaluciferloa, I think you play same time I did unless this is a different character. Any of the others I have not played before.

oh and what is your server allias, so we can join when game time comes? I don't see it on your sig.

Tinculin
March 9th, 2013, 13:34
Can't play outpost

Mgrancey
March 9th, 2013, 15:25
Its in the calendar if you look there.

I have Delirium's Tangle done, figured I would, but wanted to warn you just in case I didn't get it done. I've got it down pretty pat so that it only takes me about 3 shows to get mostly done anymore. Only maps and tokens usually left after that.

loaluciferloa
March 9th, 2013, 15:27
it was a different character

Tinculin
March 9th, 2013, 15:53
Unless specifically stated you can ony play a scenario once for credit as a player. (not once per character).

Mgrancey
March 9th, 2013, 17:34
That's for modules not scenarios.

Trenloe
March 9th, 2013, 18:18
It's the same for scenarios, a player can't play a scenario they have already played.

The exception to the rule is you can only replay tier 1 scenarios, of which there is only the first steps series; or replay tier 1-2 sanctioned modules with a level 1 character. You cannot replay any other PFS scenario or sanctioned module.

loaluciferloa
March 9th, 2013, 18:54
oh good to know so i cant play the disappeared with another character.

Mgrancey
March 9th, 2013, 18:55
Server up.

Gertak
March 9th, 2013, 19:17
This one should be correct.

Tinculin
March 9th, 2013, 19:17

Negative. you can not play for example 'the disappeared' and claim credit it for it on more than 1 character.

Gertak
March 10th, 2013, 00:12
I bought the following items for my faction mission:
parchment(10) (2gp)
Inkpen (1sp)
ink (8gp)

Mgrancey
March 11th, 2013, 14:51
Sorry about delay, yesterday was a bit of a mess, just got done with them.

Anyways here is your XML and PDF with your files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cac7fuc8q3840ut/KyLAh3TKFl

Harbinger
March 11th, 2013, 16:13
I wanted to buy some items before the game starts.
100gp Masterwork Thieves' tools, upgrade my Sai and Temple sword to Master Crafted for 600gp, buy Parchment (4) 2 sp each, Ink pen(2) 1sp each, Vial black ink (1) 8gp.

starting gp will be 731gp.

I also updated the XLM sheet above.

I was looking at the PDF chronicle sheet and it does not show any of this things that I ask to buy before the session began, are they not suppose to be recorded on the chronicle sheet?

Mgrancey
March 11th, 2013, 16:22
They are to be recorded on it, but that's actually your responsibility. I'll go back and fix it later if you want. All I'm really supposed to do is double check you math.

I missed them when I was double checking over the thread though as I was adding them when I could find them.

XML was taken from FG this morning, so I can't say much about that if its not right.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2013, 16:47
They are to be recorded on it, but that's actually your responsibility. I'll go back and fix it later if you want. All I'm really supposed to do is double check you math.
Hey Mgrancey (and other PFS GMs), would you mind reading the first post in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17754

As outlined in Chapter 7 of the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play, it is actually the GMs responsibility to check the chronicle sheet ("Review the completed Chronicle sheet and check the player’s math. Ensure that the character has access to any items bought and that the correct costs were paid.") and sign it off once it's completed, with all sales, purchases, etc. recorded.

This is very often waived in face-to-face games due to time constraints, but we don't have those constraints here. Yes, it is extra overhead for the GM; but it will help us all in the long run in keeping good chronicle records and making the next GMs task easier.

Also, not everyone has easy access to a printer and a scanner (I believe you don't have access to a scanner?), so it is not easy for some players to update their chronicle sheets correctly and then make a good electronic copy. So, when running PFS on Fantasy Grounds, we try to make sure that the GMs provide a completed chronicle sheet to the players. This does require extra work - getting the players to provide full details of their purchases and sales and then having to enter those items in the chronicle sheet. We have created PDF forms that do all the maths for you, so it should just be a matter of copy/paste from the player's post in the game thread.

I know us PFS GMs already have a lot of admin to do when running games and this adds to that load. But, I'm asking all Fantasy Grounds PFS GMs to provide, full and complete chronicle sheets to their players if at all possible. Thanks very much! :)

Harbinger
March 11th, 2013, 17:43
Since I think I currently don't have a PDF editor, It would be helpful if you can add them to the sheet, but I will if you do not have time. just they might have to be hand written in and then rescanned in as PDF, if I do it.

Mgrancey
March 11th, 2013, 19:11
Which I can't do since they don't show anything when I open them.

loaluciferloa
March 11th, 2013, 20:32
sry to tell you but i have no idea how to edit the chronicle so if you could help me a little i would be glad.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2013, 20:58
Which I can't do since they don't show anything when I open them.
Sorry, I'm confused - what doesn't show anything when you open them?

Mgrancey
March 11th, 2013, 23:55
Anything in the PDFs the ones submitted were all blank.

Mgrancey
March 12th, 2013, 00:00
sry to tell you but i have no idea how to edit the chronicle so if you could help me a little i would be glad.

I open it in Adobe Reader X, and just click on the sign toolset, then add text fields.

I can go back and fix it, but like I said outside of Lantis (lordmech) who was a newbie when I went back to double check chronicle sheets there was no data on them, they were blank of everything.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2013, 00:06
I can go back and fix it, but like I said outside of Lantis (lordmech) who was a newbie when I went back to double check chronicle sheets there was no data on them, they were blank of everything.
If you view the files directly within a browser on the dropbox site this sometimes happens to me too - I need to download them and view them in a separate Adobe Reader.

Harbinger
March 12th, 2013, 05:01
Here is my Chronicle filled out.

loaluciferloa
March 12th, 2013, 09:39
well i have a problem the items i bought are more than the lines in the items bought no the chronicle what do i do?

Trenloe
March 12th, 2013, 20:01
well i have a problem the items i bought are more than the lines in the items bought no the chronicle what do i do?
Group the items together and list them as groupings on the chronicle sheet - for example, if you've bought armour and a shield, list them as "Scalemail & Hvy wood shield". Other groupings could be "weapons", magic items, miscellaneous, etc.. Then keep a separate note (ideally somewhere on the chronicle sheet) of what those actual groupings mean.

Tinculin
March 12th, 2013, 21:41
Mcgrancey, download our previous pdf's to a folder on your pc and then open them outside of a web browser - i get the same problem too when trying to view directly from dropbox.

loaluciferloa
March 12th, 2013, 23:49
i filled whatever i could i dont know if its ok and some things i cant change here is the chronicle

Mgrancey
March 13th, 2013, 04:15
loaluciferloa

scenarios #'s seem screwed up, you have 2xp but chron sheet is #1?
Also, not sure what this perception skill kit is? Mag glass? Spy Glass?

Mgrancey
March 13th, 2013, 06:29
Since it seems its such an issue, I have redone the chronicle sheets from provided previous sheets. Still found in dropbox, marked as v2

loaluciferloa
March 13th, 2013, 06:43
tnx for the chronicle mgrancey i just wanted to ask the scenarios # is support to be how many campaigns i have played? if that it so then its still wrong because i have played the first steps 1 (which was 1) then i played Slave Pits of Absalom which i gave you as chronicle sheet but instead of 1 it should have 2 written. and now this was the third. i didnt realise it before now. should i sent a message to the other dm to get the previous chronicle changed and then get this one changed? and the perception thing you said is the masterwork tool that gives +2 on a specific skill ( i chose perception) its in the core rulebook

Mgrancey
March 13th, 2013, 09:35
Patched chron # problem, look for version2.1

... the masterwork tool that gives +2 on a specific skill ( i chose perception) its in the core rulebook

Yeah, got that not arguing that personally, I'm asking WHAT specifically is it? Masterwork tool/kits are variable depending on what it is. They have expanded explanation in ultimate Equipment. I know I saw a discussion about it not too long ago, so as a warning not all GM's might accept this (downside with this style of system is people get so stuck on exact rules) and I will fully admit I don't know every single item out there so there might be something Alchemical that is similar or fulfills this roll.

This tool is perfect for its intended job. It grants a +2 circumstance bonus on a related skill check (if any). The bonuses provided by multiple masterwork items do not stack.

Several common items already count as masterwork tools for particular skills. These are the alchemist’s lab, climber’s kit, disguise kit, healer’s kit, masterwork musical instrument, and masterwork thieves’ tools. Therefore, there is no masterwork climber’s kit, masterwork healer’s kit, and so on—those items are already the best available for general checks with the relevant skill.

Some skills have no appropriate tool or masterwork tool— no non-magical item exists that grants a bonus for all uses of that skill. For example, just because a certain perfume is favored by local nobles (granting a +2 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks to influence them) doesn’t mean that perfume has the same effect on a member of the thieves’ guild, a foreign berserker, or a medusa. Likewise, just because a fake beard woven by dwarves out of the beards of famous dwarves may grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Use Magic Device checks to emulate the dwarven race doesn’t mean the beard has any effect on using that skill to activate elven items or paladin items, or to decipher a written spell.

Individual GMs may want to allow masterwork tools for other skills at the listed cost. The circumstance bonus for such a tool should never be more than +2. The tool should either have a limited number of uses (such as the disguise and healer’s kits) or only apply to certain aspects of the skill (such as the balancing pole’s bonus on Acrobatics checks to traverse a narrow surface or the magnifying glass’s bonus on Appraise checks for detailed items).

Actually stating what this tool/kit is would go a long way in helping you.
some suggestions are:

goggles or glasses with various lenses (when worn assist sight) see below
alchemical/natural goods that heighten hearing &/OR sense of smell (not ability) &/OR eyesight temporarily -- 10 uses
trapfinding kit (chalk, pebbles, string, mirrors, etc) -- could be 10 uses or permanent since chalk powder would be cheap
A miniature earhorn that goes in/on your ear (see 4th image)

https://www.clockworkcouture.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/320x/eb89b4697a2982a1009babd0511a4f9d/e/y/eyespymonocle.jpg
or
https://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/5218312/il_570xN.274161839.jpg
or
https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leffr9No4h1qbrh0bo1_500.jpg

https://www.steampunk.de/gfx/shop_image/x6a5a538a6e9638079461dcd2e869969f.jpg

Mgrancey
March 13th, 2013, 09:50
I suppose I should warn you though, I am an opportunistic GM. Just like I would let you have that tool/kit. Expect me to use it against you should the opportunity arise. Sonic based effects on a subject with an earhorn/enhanced hearing will be more effective. Got something that boosts sight -- don't get hit by something that uses sight to effect you, like Color Spray, Hypnotism or gaze attacks.

Mwahahahaha....

MWAHAHAHahah....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://jenhayley.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/excellent-mr-burns.gifYes me pretties, dig the hole deeper.....

loaluciferloa
March 13th, 2013, 12:36
well thanks for fixing the chronicle sheet and the info you gave me about the tool.since the tool gives you something its only logical to have a downside so i dont mind a negate effect if the dm wants to put one. since you explained that it needs to be something specific if i had to choose i would choose goggles. tnx again and sorry for taking so much of your time with these questions and problems.

Mgrancey
March 13th, 2013, 14:16
Nah, no problem on questions and stuff. Just annoyed about not realizing that whatever is opening pdfs isn't adobe reader for some reason, that I had to go back and redo. The redo didn't really take that long as I have process down to easy solutions.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2013, 14:18
well thanks for fixing the chronicle sheet and the info you gave me about the tool.since the tool gives you something its only logical to have a downside so i dont mind a negate effect if the dm wants to put one. since you explained that it needs to be something specific if i had to choose i would choose goggles. tnx again and sorry for taking so much of your time with these questions and problems.
See this thread for a discussion on Masterwork Tools: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17556

Harbinger
March 14th, 2013, 06:42
Mike,

I wanted to point out that my gold is off by 10gp on the starting gp on my chronicle from the previous one that I turned in form other game. I know that I had it wrong on one of my comments but I corrected it on my numbers based of chronicle#3 and then had it correct on the chronile #4 that I did for yours, that your retyped onto version 2 of Chronicle #4. Please refer to the two documents to see what I mean about the ending gp on #3 and the starting gp #4, all items bought where logged on both forms and deducted already.

Mgrancey
March 14th, 2013, 10:29
okay patch fixing sheet in done for v2.1

Harbinger
March 14th, 2013, 13:01
Thanks Mike, Pdf looks, and I had a great time in your game.