PDA

View Full Version : Template for Game Listings

PhorgottenSon
March 2nd, 2013, 18:05
This is designed to make everyone's life easier, both GM's and players. When posting a game listing that needs players, please use this template.

FG License: What license do the players need to play in your game. Verbage may change over time. i.e. GM has Full so players need at least Lite, or Free or whatever it is.
Game System: i.e. Pathfinder, D&D 4E, etc.

Time Zone: i.e. Central Time USA, etc.
Day of week and time: i.e. Tuesdays or Fridays starting at 8 pm, etc.
If new game, planned start date:
Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 2 Hour session, 5 Hour Session, etc. & i.e. Weekly, every other week, once a month, etc.
Term: i.e. Long term keep playing for a while, or Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over, etc.

Text or Voice: i.e. Text ONLY, Voice preferred, Mix of both ok, etc.
Main Language used: i.e. English, German, etc. spoken or written, just which language will you run the game in
Voice software used: i.e. Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, Google Hangout, etc.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? i.e. podcast, Twitch, Youtube, etc. If so, do you want webcam video from players or not? Other details, etc.

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 50/50, 25/75 Heavy Combat, No Combat, etc.
Number of Players in game & needed: i.e. Have 2 players, need 3 more, etc.
Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 2nd level with 1 magic item under 4k, etc.
Character restrictions: i.e. Only core races and classes, or non-Magic world, etc.

Details of your scenario: i.e. Your sales pitch to players, what is your world like, what will they be doing, etc. As much or as little detail as you want to give away here.
**Also in here*** What do you expect from players as a GM? What do you not want? rules lawyers, combat monsters, min/max, etc. Any warnings or disclaimers you feel will help attract the right players and weed out the ones that you feel will not fit or be fun in this game.

Following a suggestion from my Player LFG template, here is some Title suggestions and a blank Template to copy and paste.
Title Example:
LFP Need 3 Players Wed Night 6PM EST USA 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen
LFP = Looking for Players, lets people know this before clicking
Say how many players you need.
Say what day & time is the game.
Say what system & module or homebrew maybe even what level players start at.

Once again, I really hope this helps you find players for your game and that you can enjoy this great hobby of Role Playing online via Fantasy Grounds.

FG License:
Game System:

Time Zone:
Day of week and time:
Planned Duration & Frequency:
Term:

Text or Voice:
Main Language used:
Voice software used:
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?

Roleplay & Combat mix:
Number of Players in game & needed:
Character starting level & equipment:
Character restrictions:

Details of your scenario:

Andrepartthree
March 2nd, 2013, 18:21
I think this is a great idea :) .. only thing I would add is the GM's opinion on rules lawyers and/or power gamers and/or "combat monsters" who are more interested in hack and slash than the finer points of role playing - sometimes it's best to get that sorted out in advance to prevent misunderstandings between the GM and players as to what is expected in the campaign :P .. The clarification of text and/or voice is in my humble opinion particularly outstanding :) .. perhaps with a warning if it's all text " Slow typists may not be able to keep up ! " (this has happened to me as a GM before even when the players are using voice chat for out of character type stuff and I've insisted on everything in-character being typed as I tend to do ...)

dr_venture
March 2nd, 2013, 18:24
Good work - I hope this gets pinned somewhere folks can be reminded to use it... I would!

PhorgottenSon
March 2nd, 2013, 18:26
Something like the GM's opinion on rules lawyers, etc. I think might be tough to put on one line and should be part of the details of the scenario where the GM can be a bit more free form and go into those details. I will edit it to make it more clear on that bit.

Blacky
August 24th, 2013, 18:11
One thing I always include and look for in these kind of posts is how the gaming table and the GM place themselves on the GNS theory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNS_Theory).

It doesn't answer everything, but it's a pretty good start.

lastio
December 18th, 2014, 07:23
It sounds good, hope it will get better and better!

PhorgottenSon
September 27th, 2015, 23:54
Following a suggestion from my Player LFG template, here is some Title suggestions and a blank Template to copy and paste.
Title Example:
LFP Need 3 Players Wed Night 6PM EST USA 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen
LFP = Looking for Players, lets people know this before clicking
Say how many players you need.
Say what day & time is the game.
Say what system & module or homebrew maybe even what level players start at.

Once again, I really hope this helps you find players for your game and that you can enjoy this great hobby of Role Playing online via Fantasy Grounds.

FG License:
Game System:

Time Zone:
Day of week and time:
Planned Frequency:
Term:

Text or Voice:
Voice software used:

Roleplay & Combat mix:
Number of Players in game & needed:
Character starting level & equipment:
Character restrictions:

Details of your scenario:

Link to Gamecalendar page:

jasonthelamb
October 11th, 2015, 00:14
Just a suggestion - for players looking for DM, perhaps "LFDM" would be better - easier to separate the two.

aassdd2016
March 31st, 2016, 08:18
What you offer, it is very useful.
goldenslot ผ่านเว็บ (https://www.holiday-palace.net/goldenslot-play-on-website/)

DMZeff
May 5th, 2016, 22:12
Thank you

jmucchiello
December 31st, 2016, 06:02
Somewhere in the time/frequency should also be an expected duration. Just because something starts at 9pm doesn't mean someone who usually goes to bed a midnight is available if the GM is expecting to play for 6 hours, rather than 3.

PhorgottenSon
January 3rd, 2017, 23:43
Somewhere in the time/frequency should also be an expected duration. Just because something starts at 9pm doesn't mean someone who usually goes to bed a midnight is available if the GM is expecting to play for 6 hours, rather than 3.

Good point, thanks.

PhorgottenSon
September 24th, 2018, 20:44
Added something to the Template to allow you to note and elaborate if your game will be recorded or live streamed since this has become more and more popular and common.

Aniond
October 15th, 2018, 04:37
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: MST
Day of week and time: TBD - Session 0 11:00 MST tomorrow
New Game: 10/15/18 11:00 MST
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hours or until all characters are created to Fantasy Grounds College Standards
Term: Long

Text or Voice: Both, DM will only use voice OOC,
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 5
Character starting level & equipment: 1, starting equipment per PHB
Character restrictions: Single Class, PHB standards

Details of your scenario: Lost Mine of Phandelver

Link to Gamecalendar page:

Aniond
December 26th, 2018, 07:23
Newbie Question: How do you link the in game calender?

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2018, 09:37
Copy the url shown in your browser once you have completed your calendar entry and paste it into your forum post.

PhorgottenSon
December 27th, 2018, 18:08
Copy the url shown in your browser once you have completed your calendar entry and paste it into your forum post.

Yes, good idea to add, thanks.

upton
January 30th, 2019, 09:00
Copy the url shown in your browser once you have completed your calendar entry and paste bookmaker offers (https://enhancedbets.org) into your forum post.

Good idea!

DwightLee
February 5th, 2019, 16:20
I will be using this, but adding a section called Player requirements - to separate restrictions on characters, and what kind of players I am looking for

JohnD
May 20th, 2019, 02:10
It would be nice to get a "2e/Classic" option in the Game Calendar now that we have the very awesome ruleset officially available.

Guzalot
May 3rd, 2020, 03:22
Wrong thread, post deleted

FredrikVladimir
August 20th, 2023, 13:58
I'd suggest adding Language to the list of things to post. Yes, most of us speak English. (Heck, I probably would say that most of us only speak English.) But if a player or GM speaks a different language, it might be a useful bit of information for the posts.

PhorgottenSon
August 21st, 2023, 22:21
Can do

twentyonetwentyfour
September 15th, 2023, 18:58
FG License: i.e. GM has Full so players need at least Lite, etc.

Doesn't say MUST have Full license.

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2023, 20:46

Not sure what you mean. This part of the template is where the DM indicates what type of license they have, so that players know what they need (If the DM has a Standard license then the players will also need a Standard license; if the DM has an Ultimate license players will only need the demo). So it isn't somthing which indicates that the DM must have something; it's just an indication to the player what they need.

Ram Tyr
September 16th, 2023, 10:55

Not sure what you mean. This part of the template is where the DM indicates what type of license they have, so that players know what they need (If the DM has a Standard license then the players will also need a Standard license; if the DM has an Ultimate license players will only need the demo). So it isn't somthing which indicates that the DM must have something; it's just an indication to the player what they need.
Perhaps, the intent is to point out that the first post in this thread (which is quoted without quoting it :) ) is using old nomenclature for the licenses? Today, the store offers either the demo free license, the standard license, or the ultimate license. So, maybe this is a request to update the first post to use these names instead of "Full" and "Lite"?