PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ruleset

eklypse0
March 2nd, 2013, 03:36
I just purchased the Full version of FGII. In the Full Version, it states that Pathfinder is included. However, when I go to make a new campaign, I can not find that rule set option to start. I've looked at the stores, and downloads section without finding the Pathfinder rule set, except as a bold, non-linked indication under Community rule sets.

How do I go about importing this set?

eklypse0
March 2nd, 2013, 03:46
Never mind. Found it when I selected the 3.5 ruleset. I was expecting to find it as it's own separate selection, rather then as a sub selection you cant see when starting a new campaign.

viresanimi
March 2nd, 2013, 13:54
Actually.... It does pop up when you make a new campaign. At least for me it has happened every time I've made a new 3.5 campaign. Then I get the option the moment I get into it.

Leonal
March 2nd, 2013, 14:48
I think eklypse0 meant that it doesn't show before you make a new campaign as it only says 3.5E. Perhaps the description there could be updated to "3.5E & PFRPG"?

eklypse0
March 2nd, 2013, 14:56
Yea. That might be something that would be trivial to change, and make it easier for new users to find the PF rule set.

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2013, 20:37
Yeah, this is something that was done when we first did PFRPG in order to keep the overhead of keeping 2 separate rulesets up to date when the rule variations were minor.

In hindsight, it wasn't the best choice.

I'm going to be looking at how to break it out with the next major release slated later this year.

Thanks,
JPG

trotzkie
December 27th, 2013, 17:17
I just updated my copy of FG and I do not see the PF option even when I click on 3.5E.

viresanimi
December 27th, 2013, 17:32
The 3.5 and Pathfinder rulesets are now separate. If you want to make a Pathfinder game, you need to find the PFRPG ruleset in the list. It comes with 3.0 just like the other D&D rulesets.