PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5ish campaign - Shattered Heavens

Mad Nomad
March 1st, 2013, 03:46
I will be starting a new campaign soon and I have an interesting story to tell. I would like this to be a long term campaign and I am preparred to put in a good amount of effort. It will be a good mix of combat and roleplay.

I am looking for players who are interested in building unique and detailed characters with rich backstories. Very rich and deep plot planned out, but your backstory WILL become a small part in the larger overall storyline, so I want people who will soak up the setting and create a backstory that will work with it and help define the world.

You will be able to use all 3.5/pathfinder materials or even completely custom spells, feats, classes, etc that you can design (as long as balanced of course).

Games will be thursday nights Central US Time. 6pm - 11pm.

More info is available at the campaign website below, which I will continously expand upon.

https://shatteredheavens.webs.com/storyline

The setting is Faerun like, and high level description of the setting is below:

There was a balance in the world for ages. The goodly cities of Men, Dwarfs and Elves have always stood, in some form, as for back as any known tales tell. And just as this is so, they have always been plagued by evil powers and monsters of the wilds. But several decades ago this balance began to change. Slowly, faith by faith churches of the goodly gods lost all their power. Healing became ever more scarce as time went on, and fewer clerics held any divine power. At the same time, many evil cults that had plagued cities also died out mysteriously. These changes alone lead way to significant changes in politics, in the faiths of the people, and many other aspects of life, but the greatest change during these times was the rise in power of the worshipers of Valshum, an evil god with a large following in the broken lands. While the might of civilized nations dwindled with their absence of divine aid in their constant struggles against the wild and their foes, the power of the broken lands grew.

A terrible war was started, with legions from the broken lands laying seige to many civilized nations. In time, prayers to all the goodly gods went unanswered, and Valshums servants rolled over the land. It seemed as nothing could stop them. In addition to the immense threat of Valshum's servants, a new terror sprung up in this age. It was known as Valshum's Nightmare. In places though completely safe, and far from the front lines of the war, zones of darkness and decay would appear out of nowhere, covering entire cities. Evil other worldy creatures would appear in these areas during these times and some say Valshum himself would walk the earth during these "nightmares". They seemed completely at random as well.
The world was no longer what it once was. Civilization was broken. For a time it appeared the world was doomed. However, as mysteriously as it all started, it soon began to get better. Valshum's nightmares became less and less common. The armys from the broken lands lost some of their power, Valshum's other worldy minions were not found bolstering their ranks, and their clerics had lost their powers as well. The remaining armies of the world held back the invasion at several remaining cities and a balance was once again found. But this time, the balance was found with the world in ruin and with the goodly races in a struggle to survive.

It is in this time your characters live. Things are still bad, but there is once again hope. Progress is being made towards reclaiming lands and some clerics of goodly gods are able to heal again. How will your characters shape the future of this land?

KingofKlubs
March 30th, 2013, 01:34
Oh, wise and noble GM, are you still accepting daring players?

Baron Of Hell
March 30th, 2013, 19:07
I would love to play in your game. I'm very new however and have never used FG. I'm sure I can get up to speed with a little guidance. The only thing that worries me a little is your world seems to take something from everything. I think it might be difficult looking up info on multiple sources instead of just one. But what the hell do I know I'm new. Below is my recruitment request from another web site that I have also been putting feelers out on.
========================================
Name: Baron Of Hell

Currently seeking a campaign: Yes

Way to Contact: [email protected] Email is probably best because I'm not sure how PMs and IMs work on this site.

What type of gaming medium: ? I have no idea. I haven't tried any

Times/Days available: Sun-Sat 5am-10pm PST: Yeah I'm really wide open.

Type of campaign looking for: I like magic, swords, sci fi, vampires but I'm open to anything

Types of characters you like: I haven't played enough to know what I like. However, a charming rouge type player sounds fun.

Info about you: I have played a little many many years ago before there was a internet. I have no idea what is going on now. I recently found a youtube D&D game being played that I really liked. Also I found a podcast with a D&D game that I also really like. So here I am looking for game. I have never heard of some of these games until today or some of the new tools out. I'll probably need a lot of hand holding considering I'm not the best game player. If you ever seen me play Left 4 Dead you might think I was on the zombies side. However, I'm willing to give it the old college try. I think I might be better at pathfinder or D&D because those are system being used by the shows I'm watching, but I know they are using some major modified rules so maybe these shows have corrupted me. Lets see what else. I enjoy long walks, I live in Seattle, and I haven't killed anyone in the last hour.

bennis1980
March 31st, 2013, 08:47
I would love to play in this campaign (the story sounds great) if the time/day were more eurofriendly.

Mad Nomad
May 1st, 2013, 04:14
We have an opening for 1 player. Really need some kind of healer type. PM me if interested.