PDA

View Full Version : Help with connecting

Dubt_Smoke
February 28th, 2013, 17:34
Ive got a static ip set. i have a tp-link WR841N router and it has 1802 portforward to my static ip. I still get a failed connection when i test it. ive tried turning off my windows firewall and that didnt help... any help would be great.

JohnD
February 28th, 2013, 18:29
Probably can find what you need here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=networking.

Dubt_Smoke
February 28th, 2013, 19:17
I tried all this already. The CanYouSeeMe.org says it cant find my ip on the port 1802 due to connection timeout. I followed the portforward.com instructions exactly. What am i missing?

Trenloe
February 28th, 2013, 19:42
Have you tried running another instance of Fantasy Grounds on the same PC and connecting as a Player (Join Game) and using a host address of "localhost" (remove the quotes)? This will help to identify if the connection issue is on the PC itself or in your network.

Make sure you only have one network connection active on your PC - if you have a wireless and wired connection, make sure only one is active; if you have a VPN adapter make sure that is disabled. Basically, open "Network and Sharing Center" and make sure you only have one active connection.

If your router supports UPnP enable this and remove the static port forwarding you have created - FG uses UPnP to setup the port forwarding itself. If your router has an option to see what port forwarding has been setup by UPnP check this once FG is running and a campaign is loaded so you can see if the UPnP forwarding is being created. FG will only be listening for connections on port 1802 when it is running a campaign and waiting for connections from players, only run canyouseeme tests etc. when FG is fully running.

Check with your internet provider that they aren't blocking port 1802 from reaching you.