PDA

View Full Version : Improvement: Action tab--one stop shop

PolishZeus
February 28th, 2013, 05:38
This will be the last suggestion that I believe would make FG2 a stronger program. The others will be posted independently for consideration. I am currently using the 3.5 ruleset.

*Consider having initiative and saving throws in one row on the action tab as well as the main tab---the Action tab is the most utilized screen during combat and it'd be nice to have this readily available (especially helps when running many NPCS).

larzz48
February 28th, 2013, 05:49
This would be a HUGE advantage! Given the necessity of an initiative roll for every combat, I think it is a little cumbersome to have to switch to the Main tab just to roll initiative.

I do have to point out that I'm running a character and at least one NPC at all times, usually two NPCs. Having to switch back and forth on three character sheets really slows down what should be a quick process.

JohnD
February 28th, 2013, 16:21
One other option is to have the DM roll initiative for everyone from the CT which has that functionality.

You can also drag these rolls to your function bar at the bottom.

Not saying this isn't a good change, just that there already are ways of mitigating.

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2013, 20:31
I appreciate all the suggestions. As someone else mentioned, we have an official list for tracking feature requests and community voting. See my sig for the link.

This is actually something that I have been wanting to do. The character sheet has been growing organically for years to add new features. However, my desired design requires an overhaul of the entire character sheet, which is a major undertaking. Also, it needs to be done for 3.5E, 4E and Pathfinder. It's on my internal list, but you should add to the wish list as well.

Regards,
JPG