PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Human RPG

BishopOmega
February 27th, 2013, 23:50
BEYOND HUMAN – A play by post RPG.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://z13.invisionfree.com/beyondhuman/index.php?act=idx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aberration ab•er•ra•tion (âb'ə-râ'shən)
n.
A departure from the normal or typical.
A psychological disorder or abnormal alteration in one's mental state.
A defect of focus, such as blurring in an image.
An imperfect image caused by a physical defect in an optical element, as in a lens.
A deviation in the normal genetic structure or number of chromosomes in an organism.
- Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
Our history is filled with stories of heroes; legendary beings who fought against the odds and performed impossible tasks. In ancient times they spoke with Gods, fought mythical creatures, even took war to the Gods themselves sometimes. As centuries passed, the stories changed. Gods were forgotten or replaced, and Prophets brought words and teachings. Men grew up from the ranks and became war leaders and scholars, following dreams and carving them out of the ever-expanding world. Conquests were led, revolutions overthrew tyranny, individuals inspired millions and brought change to nations.
Depending on your particular history books, these people are remembered as either great leaders, or terrible villains. In any case, legends formed around them and continued long after their death.

They were Aberrants. Looking back now, we can see the seeds of the current times already growing, even in our pre-history. A few at a time, spread around the world, making their mark and often despised for it. Someone, somewhere, brought them down when they became too powerful, too great.

The only trouble is, we didn’t know there were more coming. We didn’t know what they were. The stories didn’t get it at all…

bennis1980
February 28th, 2013, 06:31
"play by post RPG"?

Nothing for fantasy grounds?

That defeats the purpose IMO

BishopOmega
February 28th, 2013, 13:01
I'm actually making an FG game based off of Beyond Human and using Savage Worlds

Andrepartthree
February 28th, 2013, 22:15
sorry to be so dense but still a bit confused .... you are recruiting for the p by p game but looking to move the recruits into an fg game when you finish creating the fg ruleset ? ... or the ruleset is complete and you are looking for players to test it?

Andrepartthree
March 1st, 2013, 17:07
And lest you feel totally unwelcome here in the FG community :P .. sorry for my first reply yesterday being so brief too I was typing from my tablet which is a bit awkward :P .. I did check the link you gave to your forum... I have to say I think the amount of effort you've put into the "role playing/getting into character" aspect on those forums is phenomenal :) .. I clicked on just one of them and even then you take the time to detail what's going through a particular character's head, their thoughts, their emotions.. in my opinion that's key to a good RPG experience right there :)

My favorite approach to FG is to have FG game sessions but also engage in forum role playing outside of the FG games as well , in depth PC to PC (or PC to NPC if the GM has time for this sort of thing ;) ) experiences - "soap opera" type stuff basically :P ... the forum aspect you have going is phenomenal already so combined with the "crunchy rules " approach of an FG game session I personally think you'll be in really good shape ;) .. I would apply to join but my munchkins keep me too busy for anything more than the one FG game I'm already in , but I'll be interested to see how this FG thread progresses :)