PDA

View Full Version : Effects question

Gertak
February 27th, 2013, 17:17
I have figured out the basic way to make the spell Frostbite work by creating the effect:
DMG: 1d6+2, cold, nonlethal

I apply it to myself and bam, works...cept two problems. First, it applies the bonus damage as both cold/nonlethal and slashing (if used by a char with a slashing weapon). Second, I do not see how I can add a duration based on the number of hits. Is there any way to do it so the Frostbite effect will expire after say 4 hits?

Trenloe
February 27th, 2013, 19:29
The damage effect with a type adds the damage type to the current type/s already on the weapon, it doesn't override the base damage type.

There is not a "use count" on effects - there is basically the next dice roll or a duration in rounds. You'll have to manually keep track and then ask the GM to remove the effect once it has been used.

Gertak
February 27th, 2013, 21:18
Thanks as always for the quick reply Trenloe!

So I'd probably be better off not using effects for spells like frostbite and chilling touch and just dragging the damage onto the creature to deal the damage. Though, it does look like DR would be calculated correctly even though it lists as slash/cold instead of just cold. All the tests I did seemed to work fine.