PDA

View Full Version : db.import.xml

Greygor
February 27th, 2013, 11:04
Just trying to understand the more technical details of FG II

What is the db.import.xml that appears in the campaign directory?

Zeus
February 27th, 2013, 20:14
Just trying to understand the more technical details of FG II

What is the db.import.xml that appears in the campaign directory?

To be honest Greygor, I have no idea? I have never seen that filename created under a campaign folder before. Have you tried examining the XML? What data is it defining?

I thought at first that this maybe a by product when import characters, however after several import/export cycles are still don't have that file.

The only XMLs files I have in the campaign folder are

db.xml - campaign database
db.backup.<sumberstring> backups of db.xml
campaign.xml - which holds ruleset and user connection information
extensionstate.xml - which holds information as to which extensions are enabled and active for the campaign
modulestate.xml - which holds information as to which modules are enabled and active for the campaign, it also holds any changes made to read only module sources

The only other files I have aside from the usual drawings, images, maskedimages, moduledb, portraits, temp and usersettings folders are chatlog.html (log of chatwindow from campaign) and CampaignRegistry.lua which is the campaign's registry (holds window information like position, size etc. etc.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2013, 21:27
That's annoying - I typed out a response earlier and it wasn't sent! :mad:

Quick summary...

db.import.xml is created by the character converter when "Campaign Import" option is used to import a character directly into a campaign. It is created as a backup of db.xml before a character is imported.

I'm not sure if it is used by the converter to roll-back in the case of an error during import - I presume it is.

Greygor
February 28th, 2013, 12:15
Cheers to both of you.

So far at the moment I've everything reset and no errors being created. Touch Wood.

Plus I've got the XML in PCGen corrected so hopefully in the future I won't have issues.

Zeus
February 28th, 2013, 17:40
That's annoying - I typed out a response earlier and it wasn't sent! :mad:

Quick summary...

db.import.xml is created by the character converter when "Campaign Import" option is used to import a character directly into a campaign. It is created as a backup of db.xml before a character is imported.

I'm not sure if it is used by the converter to roll-back in the case of an error during import - I presume it is.

Ah Ha, that explains it. I have never used the tool and that functionality before. He He, learn something new everyday.