PDA

View Full Version : 2nd march 8pm gmt Pathfinder Society Scenario #4–11: The Disappeared (PFRPG)

hawkwind
February 25th, 2013, 21:17
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

A powerful ally of the Pathfinder Society has disappeared, and no one but the Pathfinders even remembers that she ever existed. Can the PCs discover the fate of their missing associate, or will all memory of her be erased completely from history?

Written by Jonathan H. Keith.

The Mrs is out on the lash so i will run it as one session rather than my usual habit of spreading it over two nights

It's a stealth em up

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=995

xaoslaad
February 26th, 2013, 01:21
My Chronicle Sheet, Character Sheet, and xml are attached. Looking forward to the game :D

Killian
February 26th, 2013, 08:54
Many thanks for the invite but I've already played this one. I will in interested in the follow up thought at some point. Have fun guys!

Harbinger
February 26th, 2013, 17:21
Here is my character, If you have room. already applied on calendar.

loaluciferloa
February 26th, 2013, 17:58
hey i got 2 chronicle sheets from different adventures which one should i sent the latest one or both? since the new one doesnt list the items i unlocked in the first one.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2013, 18:11
hey i got 2 chronicle sheets from different adventures which one should i sent the latest one or both? since the new one doesnt list the items i unlocked in the first one.
We just look at the latest one to get all the up-to-date info for a regular PFS game.

If we ever did an audit, then we'd ask for all of them! :-o

icedsonik
February 26th, 2013, 18:47
hi my id 78269-1

loaluciferloa
February 26th, 2013, 19:06
my id is 78054-1
here is my character and latest chronicle

Harbinger
February 26th, 2013, 21:10
Hawkwind I had a purchase of a "wand of cure light wounds" after my last game, I informed last GM and he said he would update, but just incase he does not get me a new chronicle soon, I wanted to inform you so you could take care of it.

hawkwind
February 27th, 2013, 06:14
No problem will that be gold pieces or prestige points?

Harbinger
February 27th, 2013, 13:27
Prestige points, thank you

loaluciferloa
February 27th, 2013, 14:02
hey i would like to change character if possible. here is the new character
id 78054-2

he is a new character so he doesnt have a chronicle sheet

hawkwind
February 27th, 2013, 21:16
that's no problem, I look forward to the game

mr lol
February 28th, 2013, 23:12
heres Boinus, my crappy dorf ;)
65948-1

Gertak
March 1st, 2013, 02:17
Here is my char and last Chronicle, I'd love to join if you still have a slot.

hawkwind
March 2nd, 2013, 14:48
OK we have Sox players Gertak see our rather hear you all at 8pm though in will have the server up some time before and î expect you all to be on your best sneaky behaviour

hawkwind
March 2nd, 2013, 18:02
server is up and running I will be online about 15 mins before the game starts

xaoslaad
March 2nd, 2013, 20:59
-50g for bribe to guard for Adoen
-3 wand use

+2 prestige points

day job roll: 12

Harbinger
March 3rd, 2013, 00:22
items bought:
Daredevil slippers 50gp
Mastercraft (perception)50gp
before game started, I also bought wand of cure light wounds for 2 prestige points.

Gertak
March 3rd, 2013, 02:01
I would like to purchase a masterwork scimitar (315gp), an alchemical silver light mace (25 gp), and 2 cold iron throwing axes (32gp)
gold spent: 372
I will also sell my normal scimitar and normal warhammer. (13.5)
Total gold spent after buying and selling: 358.5

xaoslaad
March 3rd, 2013, 03:13
Thanks hawkwind! That was a very painful scenario. Bluff, sneak, diplomacy, all while under the the gun to get it done and get out. That was more than a little painful. Thanks again!

loaluciferloa
March 3rd, 2013, 14:26
i wont buy anything. thanks for the campaign

mr lol
March 3rd, 2013, 16:48
buying:
1 masterwork earth breaker -340gp

selling:
1 warhammer +6gp
1 buckler +7.5gp

total -326.5gp

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 01:59
hey i wanted to ask something. how does retraining work? is it legal ? and what can i change? i want to change my race from human to halfling(can i change my race lose a feat a skill and make my items small) or do i have to make another character? because in the pathfinder society pdf that explains the rules it says that at lvl 1 you may change any aspect of your character except its Pathfinder Society Number.

xaoslaad
March 4th, 2013, 02:09
hey i wanted to ask something. how does retraining work? is it legal ? and what can i change? i want to change my race from human to halfling(can i change my race lose a feat a skill and make my items small) or do i have to make another character? because in the pathfinder society pdf that explains the rules it says that at lvl 1 you may change any aspect of your character except its Pathfinder Society Number.

At first level you can change pretty much anything and sell gear back at 100%. Race, class, skil points, all that. The first time you play at second level you're locked into your build though.

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 09:54
oh thats nice so i can make my lvl 1 wizard that has 2 exp to rogue then instead of playing another campaign with this one. does a dm need to be present or something or i can change the character in herolab and just give the new one to the next dm? and do i need to make a note in the chronicle or something?

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 10:28
and lets say i paid 20 gold for that wizard to scribe spells can i refund those at 100% too
??

hawkwind
March 4th, 2013, 12:58
what was Stickie's starting gold and remind me what he faction is please

Trenloe
March 4th, 2013, 14:34
and lets say i paid 20 gold for that wizard to scribe spells can i refund those at 100% too??
You can get back 100% of the money for anything you pay for that is not a consumable that has been used (potions, scrolls, etc.), an adventure expense or to remove a condition.

If you bought a scroll and then used the scroll to inscribe the spell into your spell book then I would say that is not a consumable being used in a scenario but being used to develop your character, so you could get the money back for this consumable too.

mr lol
March 4th, 2013, 14:47
thanx i did not know about the gold thing, ive just retrained my char.
can i have those extra gold please for selling my last gear?
and also does this 100% refund work for stuff sold at previous adventures where i only got 50% then?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2013, 15:44
and also does this 100% refund work for stuff sold at previous adventures where i only got 50% then?
Once the previous chronicle sheet is signed by the GM you shouldn't make any changes. So, unfortunately, as the items are no longer in your possession and have been noted down as being sold with the gold being recorded in the chronicle sheet as such you can't go back and get the difference between the usual 50% sell and the 1st level retrain sell for 100%.

I forget to do this all the time with 1st level PCs. To be honest, the rule only recently came out (4.2 of the guide I believe, less than a year ago) and it's not really meant for players making minor changes to their PCs - like selling a longsword for 100% and getting a masterwork longsword.

From Mike Brock's original post when considering 1st level retraining:

What do people think if we allow rebuilds while your character is level 1? This would allow new players to try out their character, get a game or two under their belt to see if it falls under what heir character concept is, and then settle on their final build before they hit 2nd level.
One of the reasons a rebuild option, only while first level, would be considered is because local game days usually offers two games in one day. Having new players frantically rebuilding a pregen into a regular character in the too-short break between games is not advantageous to creating a solid character concept. It also allows the player who attends a 3slot/day event to rebuild after the day is done.
The retrain rules are currently very broad and summed up in one paragraph in the campaign guide, the lack of detail gives a lot of leeway to doing anything beyond what the original scope of the retrain rule was brought in for.

So, if you remember to use it to your advantage great! If not, just roll with it as I do as I always forget to sell stuff for 100% at 1st level...

mr lol
March 4th, 2013, 15:49
ok thanks for the info,
it was only 7 gp i got from selling my previous stuff so no big deal ;)

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 16:36
he was osirion and he had 34gp 9s left

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 16:39
and something last do i need a dm to record the things i sold and bought in a chronicle sheet?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2013, 17:12
and something last do i need a dm to record the things i sold and bought in a chronicle sheet?
For online games with Fantasy Grounds we prefer you to tell the GM soon after the end of the game what you want to sell/buy - they can then include these on the chronicle sheet and give you a digitally signed copy that is locked and your complete chronicle for that adventure.

For face-to-face games the GMs usually give you a physical chronicle sheet with certain required fields filled in and signed - there is usually too little time at the end of a face-to-face PFS session (very often played in a store or at a convention) to fully complete the chronicle sheet. The player can then do purchasing and selling themselves, but should complete the full chronicle sheet (fill out XP, PP, Fame and GP calculations) before their next session.

For all games if you think of purchases or sales to make after your sheet is signed off, remember these, update your character appropriately and let the GM of your next game know. Then include them in the Sold/Bought sections of your next chronicle.

Harbinger
March 4th, 2013, 19:43
Hawkwind, do you know when Chronicle sheets will be available? I only ask to make sure I'll be able to play in a Saturday game. If they are not then I should give my spot up to another person. Thanks again for a great game, had lots of fun.

loaluciferloa
March 4th, 2013, 20:45
tnx for the info trenloe

hawkwind
March 5th, 2013, 08:34
attached are your sheets I haven't signed them yet so please have a quick look and post any errors you find and I wil repost ammended signed sheets tomorrow

hawkwind
March 5th, 2013, 08:35
I hate doing these things I really do but needs must!

mr lol
March 5th, 2013, 10:44
hi GM, since im retraining Boinus can i have 100% gp back from those items i sold plz? (27gp), im only getting 25% back now (7gp)

hawkwind
March 5th, 2013, 12:48
in that case do you still want to buy your master work earthshaker? and won't you want to sell most of your current equipment as well ?

Harbinger
March 5th, 2013, 13:42
Hawkwind, I wanted to let you know that you put the wrong faction on my sheet, it should be Lantern Lodge. Thank you.

xaoslaad
March 5th, 2013, 13:47
Hi hawkind,
Looks mostly good for Adoen, except the 50gp did not get deducted. It's showing 1584-50=1584.

My Initial fame was also 9, not 10 (max I could have for previous 5 scenarios is 9 as I could only gain +1 from We Be Goblins), so my current fame should be 11, not 12.

Thanks!

mr lol
March 5th, 2013, 14:21
in that case do you still want to buy your master work earthshaker? and won't you want to sell most of your current equipment as well ?

yes i still want to buy it, im only changing my char from 1h and shield to a 2hander build and swapped some feats, so most of my gear stays the same ;)

hawkwind
March 5th, 2013, 14:52
here are guys signed sheets for those who have replied

Harbinger
March 5th, 2013, 16:08
Thank you for the correction and signing it.

xaoslaad
March 5th, 2013, 16:18
Thank you hawkwind!

loaluciferloa
March 5th, 2013, 17:29
well my faction is osiron and for some reason it says grand lodge(osirion) other than that mine is fine

mr lol
March 5th, 2013, 18:17
thanx hawkwind, but can i sell that stuff back at 100% please?, trenloe says its possible if ur retraining ;)

Trenloe
March 5th, 2013, 23:42
Hate to do this to you - but you have the scenario title as "First Steps, Part 1: The dissappeared"...

Regarding retraining - the current auto calculation PDF automatically halves the value of the items being sold, so to get 100% the value has to be doubled in the selling box. I'll have to look into adding a "1st level retraining" check box to automatically pass 100% of the sale into the calculations.

Gertak
March 6th, 2013, 02:36
My sheet looks fine.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2013, 05:31
Regarding retraining - the current auto calculation PDF automatically halves the value of the items being sold, so to get 100% the value has to be doubled in the selling box. I'll have to look into adding a "1st level retraining" check box to automatically pass 100% of the sale into the calculations.
I've updated the chronicle sheet form to have a check box "1st Level Retraining" in the sell items box - if this is checked the item sale value will be 100% not 50%.

I've also fixed the order of calculations so this should resolve issues when the totals aren't being calculated correctly.

See post #2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127650

hawkwind
March 6th, 2013, 08:27
Thanks for updating the form Trenloe

Three more chronicle sheets

Amazon inform me that my copy of Thornkeep is in the post so six level pathfinder society megadungeon might be good to go in a few weeks, i love a good dungeon crawl!

loaluciferloa
March 6th, 2013, 13:37
my character name is squicky not sticky hawkwing does it need to be fixed?

mr lol
March 6th, 2013, 14:13
thanx hawkwind, but the gp numbers were off again totalling 20 gp, ive changed it to 27 gp but the sheet still needs a signiature ;)

hawkwind
March 6th, 2013, 19:50
https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html

a buckler is only worth 5gp new so I think you not 15gp as you have it on your amended sheet

mr lol
March 6th, 2013, 20:45
ah i see now, i took it from an old core rulebook where it was still 15 gp, they changed it to 5 gp yes, but i still paid 15 for it when i made my char, hmm what to do ;)

hawkwind
March 6th, 2013, 21:31
mmm my hard cover says 15gp as well.....we will go with your figure I'm sure the edifice that is the Pathfinder society will not collapse into chaos and anarchy if you have an extra 10gp! If i actually consulted my rule book rather than the web site and various apps on my phone I would have to consider buying a new rule book!

mr lol
March 6th, 2013, 22:19
thanx man u are the best :square:

Trenloe
March 7th, 2013, 18:35
mmm my hard cover says 15gp as well.....we will go with your figure I'm sure the edifice that is the Pathfinder society will not collapse into chaos and anarchy if you have an extra 10gp! If i actually consulted my rule book rather than the web site and various apps on my phone I would have to consider buying a new rule book!
Hadn't noticed that before. Printing 5 (November 2011) of the core rule book has it as 5gp. I wonder when that changed? If the original purchase was for 15gp then that should be the base sell value too...

Gertak
March 7th, 2013, 23:01
I just noticed you mispelled my player name in my chronicle sheet, you spelled it Gretak and it should be Gertak. Sorry to be a pain but can you redo that for me?

mr lol
March 12th, 2013, 01:15
hi hawkwind, is my chronicle sheet ready yet?
the one i sent you had the correct amount of gold, but im still waiting for you to sign and return it to me ;)

hawkwind
March 12th, 2013, 10:15
ok here we go again , Mr lol I found another error on your final corrected version you supplied in your favour! I hope the extra 10gp brings your character much happiness

mr lol
March 12th, 2013, 16:38
thanks, im sure it will.
have fun with your next game :)